10 Universal Rules For Muscle Gain

Hammerblow

Spammers
THE 10 UNIVERSAL RULES FOR BUILDING MUSCLE!

1) A muscle is WEAKEST at its EXTREMES of the range. SO, learn to isolate these points of the strength curve and make it stronger. As a result you will become proportionally stronger in the mid-range and GROWTH WILL OCCUR!

2) Always try to work a muscle through its complete CONTROLLABLE Range of Motion (ROM), although that may not be possible within ONE exercise. It is always possible within a given workout!

3) Muscles DO NOT recognize weight! Muscle recognize TENSION! Increase tension, increase growth!

4) Focus on training DISADVANTAGES, not advantages. Training disadvantages = bigger muscles. Every workout you should be learn how to make every exercise HARDER by manipulating body position, slowing the movement down, maintaining tension in both directions… BEFORE you even think about adding weight. Often times, adding weight just leads to your body seeking out training advantages, in other words, cheating.

5) ALWAYS INITIATE with the working muscle! (if you're training your delts, the first movement MUST come from the delt, not somewhere else or momentum!)

6) CONTROL through the entire range is a must. A negative (eccentric) rep should be under such conscious control that you can change direction at ANY point of that ROM, and start coming back up (concentric). Control is the CURRENCY of muscle growth. If you can’t control the muscle, you can’t challenge it.

7) Larger muscle require more stimulus to reach exhaustion. But also take longer to recover between workouts. Smaller muscle groups can recover faster so can be trained more frequently.

8) KNOW which muscle are PRIMARILY fast twitch and which are PRIMARILY slow -twitch! This will ALWAYS affect the number of reps, sets, loads and rest periods.

9) Work a variety of rep ranges within each workout. Different rep ranges allow you to vary your TUT (time under tension), and ensure you're working all types of muscle fibers.

10) SQUEEZE IT LIKE IT OWES YOU MONEY!! (my personal favorite! ;)) Another way to say this is to “Contract AGAINST the resistance.” You can fatigue a muscle simply be contracting the life out of it and often times more weight only stresses your joints than your muscles.

Fantastic stuff @Hammerblow! Great to see all this info coming out in this section again! Appreciated as it always was before! 

Thanks @PTFC I'd say it's an attempt to redeem..partly yes, but you know I love it too and I'm all about the lifestyle and trying to bring what I know to the table and hopefully learn from others too. There's much wiser folk than me trin being one. 

These threads have kind of been a re-kindling of going back to 101 training which over 20yrs has gotten lost and diluted as it does with age and life unfortunately.
Much appreciated as it has given back some enthusiasm to at least one person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people have gotten lost on the overkill of training methods now available. They all want to be doing a conjugate, with programming, percentages and peak weeks forgetting the basics. Pick one programme stick to it for atleast 6 months follow the basics and you will see results. 

I meant doing it for so long my heart is no longer in it...the drive has gone.

I understand mate. I had an accident on holiday beginning of April and ripped my quad open. By the time I arrived home it was infected and I had went septic. I spent two weeks in hospital stuck to IV anti-bi's and operated on to remove all the infected tissue and muscle. I was left with an 8inch 4inch deep incision on my quad which they left open which supposedly is the best way for it to heal. I couldn't walk let alone train and I seriously considered just calling it. But I built up slowly just doing half an hour when I got the all clear to train. Hardest thing going from having such a large work capacity to almost zero. The drive seriously went out of me especially as I was prepping for my best year yet. Not going to bullshit you with quasi motivational stuff but get back in there feel that weight again under you and see how it goes..ironically I'm in the best shape now I've been in.  The detox/cleanse from the aas done wonders for my receptors etc. And I got that drive back. Once an iron addict  always an iron addict

Suffered from a quad tendon rupture myself so already know how you must have felt. Yes I built it all back up a few years ago.

I think its the time of year as well, seriously cold and depressing.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back