A Suggestion to Implement Personal Favorite Vendors

• Thread starter Thread starter Sweet Guy
  • Start date Start date
S

Sweet Guy

You know what would be awesome..... For the site to implement a "favorite feature" for your go-to vendors. (that only you can see in your list) 

Example, like YouTube.... You add a video to your favorites, and only you can just go view all your picks. (depending on privacy settings)

It would make things much simpler and organized, so when browsing your favorite vendors if you had your own personalized favorite list, (just for you to see of course), you go down your list, top to bottom.....

(I came up with the idea, because I often get confused with who is who, when trying out so many, and YouTube had a great idea)  It is basically just like that.

-----It is not just me, I see people writing bad reviews, then later saying they had mistaken that vendor with another vendor... I think this would make a huge impact to keep it organized. This site is AMAZING..... Just throwing out my idea.

Anyone have any suggestions to add on this?

Or do they like this idea?

If I did not explain it well... Just ask. Also this idea can improved upon. But, I think it would be beyond amazing. I hope to hear from you all. Thanks for listening!!

Last edited:
It's not a bad idea @CrankyDude! Though personally, as time has passed, I know who my go to vendors are without thinking. With regards to mistakes on reviews however, members should definitely give us a shout and it can be corrected. Members reviews ARE the lifeblood of the site, we encourage honesty, good or bad. What do others think?

I definitely see where that would be helpful to a newer member who is kinda new to a forum and vendors....but I tend to agree with @PTFC that after a little bit of time, I know who my go tos are as well. I think you should take a look at the bookmark function on the bar on the top black bar above your post (on the right next to share link).  it allows you to put in notes that you can either share publicly or not, and your bookmarks go into your profile...I think that, used correctly, that basically functions the same as what you are talking about!  And there you could also put the vendor's name, or what they are often referred to as...which would help with that confusion when using new vendors or leaving reviews.

Thanks @painsuck I didn't know that. Believe me I've been on this board for a long time but after doing my 9 months in jail and coming back again a lot of things have changed, I'm still trying to catch up! That's an excellent idea!

@CrankyDude  My favorite vendor is the one who has the best reviews that responds to my email first.   Actually I have a list in my brain and I email them in that order.  I start with my favorite and work my way down the list.   I have been working with one pretty much exclusively the last 6-7 months and I start with him first.  If he doesnt have what I am seeking then I work my way down.   The main point for any newbie (I still consider myself one) is to read, read and read.  Go back and read 6-7 pages of reviews and for each vendor you are interested in....Best of Luck and Welcome

It's probably a better idea in theory than in practice. I may have a great experience with a vendor and another may not. I think the reviews are the best way to get an overall view.

Shilling is frowned upon and that is already something we have to be aware of on vendor threads. I want members to make their own informed decisions and not choose a vendor because they are on my favourite list. Just my 10 cents.

You can also 'Follow' any thread you want. So if you have certain vendors threads you want to keep an eye on just follow that topic/thread. I haven't used it yet but I'm guessing it shows up in your notifications anytime new posts are made in your Followed topics.

In addition to that you can do the same thing with individual members including vendors (not sure about SY) but I know all email vendors have accounts here you can follow.

Not saying your idea of a private favorites list is a bad idea, just suggesting some already implemented alternatives.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back