A24 Appreciation

CAHEpiphany

Any fans of A24 distributed movies in the USA? You may have seen their logo on some movies; the ones I've seen are listed below, starting with my favorite in descending order. I've enjoyed them all though!

Hereditary

Midsommar

The lighthouse

Ex machina

Disaster Artist

Would love to discuss with other fans! The next movies I want to watch are the Florida Project and the VVitch.

I know personally out of all of these Ive only seen Disaster Artist lol

Midsommar and Hereditary I know I have to see for sure! 

@CAHEpiphany

Hereditary is one of my favorite movies, hands down. I'm a big fan of horror in general, and there's a lot of hardly-explored lore in it which makes rewatches so fun. Midsommar is the same way, but I have yet to rewatch it - soon!

Disaster artist is odd for an A24 film, but I found Tommy wiseau's "The Room" to be hilarious as-is. The disaster artist just added extra laughs and backstory to it. If you haven't seen "the room" itself, it's... It's something to behold.

Lmfao I think my stomach would hurt so hard from laughing when I watch The Room! Idk why I havent checked it out yet, thats one of the most mysterious mofos ever! Big Tommy Wiseau fan.

I cant wait to check out the other two , so different from Disaster Artist Lol When I saw it on your list I had to double check to make sure it was the same movie I was thinking of ha

I just watched both of them holy shit! That's all I can say esp with Midsommar , definitely need to watch it again to really get it @CAHEpiphany

Did you watch them back to back @Whoopiegoldburgg222 ??? That would be one hell of a ride if you did. I'll be rewatching Midsommar in the next few days, so much to unpack.

Not A24, but heavily inspired by the 1970's "The Wicker Man." Not the Nic Cage Wicker Man. Highly recommend the OG Wicker Man if you liked Midsommar.

With Tommy Wiseau's "The room", get friends together with your poison of choice and just watch it. It's so bad it's good. Kinda how I feel about Nic Cage's Wicker Man.

Yeah I started watching Hereditary and it left me with an itch I couldnt scratch lol So I popped in Midsommar after...my kind of  fucked up movie lol!!! So fucking good. I loved the contrast in it. I feel like there were so many parts I didnt catch up on.

Il check out the wickerman for sure! The orginal one.
but Iam also a fan of super stupid cheesey movies haha Ive seen a couple sharknados hahahaha

@CAHEpiphany

Last edited:
New wicker man is definitely cheesy and will get you some laughs. But watch the original first.

Disaster artist is 100x funnier if you'd seen the room first, but oh well!

Interestingly A24 also distributed a movie called "Room" which I've read is also heavy, but different kinda heavy.

Toatally watching Room , I just read up on it.. holy shit. I cant wait to see it! Ive never seen Brie Larson play this kind of role before. Damn A24 just puts out some good ass moives dosnt it? lol @CAHEpiphany

I cant wait to watch Room tonight! Ingolrious Bastards was amazing  @Tara

Just finished the orginal Wickerman, def had some Jeffery Epstein and Burning man vibes to it @CAHEpiphany

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back