advanced35,,hi new member :-) uk based...

advanced35

hi ...i would just like too introduce myself as a noob member too this great particular site,, and great realism it has..

i am uk based and plan a donation as soon as permits..anyway does anyone have any experience with the bit coin site (coinbase) as i already have a account with them and plan too use them for any bit coin transaction ?

so any pros or cons ?

i have done a lot of browsing and reading here, but would appreciate any incite please,and hope i have not wrote this in the wrong forum .etc

i have found that my doctor does not understand the life i have lived/living, and that sum-times because of the 10min rule consultation time restrictions they have too try and work by, does not help me or him i suppose ? too the fullest..

cheers advanced3

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ...i would just like too introduce myself as a noob member too this great particular site,, and great realism it has..

i am uk based and plan a donation as soon as permits..anyway does anyone have any experience with the bit coin site (coinbase) as i already have a account with them and plan too use them for any bit coin transaction ?

so any pros or cons ?

i have done a lot of browsing and reading here, but would appreciate any incite please,and hope i have not wrote this in the wrong forum .etc

i have found that my doctor does not understand the life i have lived/living, and that sum-times because of the 10min rule consultation time restrictions they have too try and work by, does not help me or him i suppose ? too the fullest..

cheers advanced3
Hello and welcome to the forum!  This is a great community with a lot of great people willing to help, so if you have any questions the Mod's are very friendly and helpful as well as other Members too..  

I use coinbase and have for a while it's very easy to use plus the fact that you can buy a few different cryptocoins directly from there as well and have a wallet.  

I also use Electrum wallet just because I like to buy on coinbase send to Electrum and then to recipient just for a extra layer of security.  Both are very user friendly though IMO.

Hope this helps some!  Have a great day!  : )

ta for quick reply @PTFC and @Big Drew 1174

i will give coinbase a go then.. Electrum wallet is a good idea and i think i might do the same for xtra security, or just go from coinbase to recipient ?

not sure yet?    cheers for advice :-) advanced35

ta for quick reply @PTFC and @Big Drew 1174

i will give coinbase a go then.. Electrum wallet is a good idea and i think i might do the same for xtra security, or just go from coinbase to recipient ?

not sure yet?    cheers for advice :-) advanced35
I'd advise going coinbase >electrum, coinbase can be funny about where the coins go......

I use multibit and not electrum, but it's easy enough regardless whatever wallet you use. I believe electrum seems to be more user friendly,  multibit you habe to work out some things yourself. In any case, we have a few great threads on Bitcoins etc, thabks to @Natty& @screamingmimi! Thanks again you guys!!!

cheers..i have multibit 0.5.1 already installed..the only thing is in the settings it talks about (Glidera's) but i guess we have coinbase for that ?

and multibit 0.5.1 talks about in settings only buying and selling in North America (US and Canada) but because we not buying and selling through them it doesn't matter?

so if i have this right in my head its ,,coinbase send to multibit 0.5.1 and then to recipient ? yeah?

thank you for all advice its helping..     cheers.. advanced35

@PTFC  I just had a huge problem with multibit and they have yet to get back to me about it.   When the blockchain was jammed and my btc where not confirmed all the money in my wallet was not confirmed.   If I needed it I was screwed.  And the usually good CS from multibit was non existent.

I got electrum on and found a forum with some really smart people on it who have helped me alot, I think it's the bitcoin forum.  I'm slowly (paying fees) moving most of my money to electrum but I think it's smart to leave some some other places.

I moved some money form Coinbase to electrum. It got 12 confirmations but wasnt showing. I had to re log in to electrum.  easy enough.  I'm still trying to find the tx ID from coinbase before you get a confirmation in case you want to accelerate it.

I also installed blockchain wallet but since I got such good help with electrum I'll stick with it for awhile.

Oh and @PTFC is right that Coinbase is screwy but I've had one small problem which they fixed, vs getting banned for using your btc some place they don't like.  I just use it to buy btc the move it elsewhere.

Anyone using any of the other coins available?  Eutherium etc is much  cheaper.  But then a vendor has to take it.

cheers..i have multibit 0.5.1 already installed..the only thing is in the settings it talks about (Glidera's) but i guess we have coinbase for that ?

and multibit 0.5.1 talks about in settings only buying and selling in North America (US and Canada) but because we not buying and selling through them it doesn't matter?

so if i have this right in my head its ,,coinbase send to multibit 0.5.1 and then to recipient ? yeah?

thank you for all advice its helping..     cheers.. advanced35
@advanced35 Yes you have it right. Like @PTFC &  @screamingmimi said just always remember to go Coinbase to your 2nd wallet and then to your recipient.  That way if you are paying for anything coinbase doesn't like you will be all good.

Coinbase is just so strict because they are an exchange but it is nice to have coinbase for buying IMO.

Take Care!

Big Drew

I have 2 wallets on Coinbase. I use coinbase to buy cuz fees are cheap (GLidera has high fees and not so good a track record).  I move my btc to my 2nd CB wallet then to Multibit.

I've paid for stuff in the Ukraine from Multibit so I don't think they care too much.

totally agree with @Big Drew 1174  Coin base is easy to buy with and has pretty low fees compared to other places.  

@PTFC  I just had a huge problem with multibit and they have yet to get back to me about it.   When the blockchain was jammed and my btc where not confirmed all the money in my wallet was not confirmed.   If I needed it I was screwed.  And the usually good CS from multibit was non existent.

I got electrum on and found a forum with some really smart people on it who have helped me alot, I think it's the bitcoin forum.  I'm slowly (paying fees) moving most of my money to electrum but I think it's smart to leave some some other places.

I moved some money form Coinbase to electrum. It got 12 confirmations but wasnt showing. I had to re log in to electrum.  easy enough.  I'm still trying to find the tx ID from coinbase before you get a confirmation in case you want to accelerate it.

I also installed blockchain wallet but since I got such good help with electrum I'll stick with it for awhile.

Oh and @PTFC is right that Coinbase is screwy but I've had one small problem which they fixed, vs getting banned for using your btc some place they don't like.  I just use it to buy btc the move it elsewhere.

Anyone using any of the other coins available?  Eutherium etc is much  cheaper.  But then a vendor has to take it.
That's funny @screamingmimi, I have a confirmed amount AND a much smaller unconfirmed amount, is that unconfirmed amount not available then? I might switch to electrum myself if it's more user friendly.

@PTFC  Yes that unconfirmed amount is not available.  Did you repair your wallet?   That helps.   Is there some transaction that's stuck?  If so until that clears I think you're sunk.   Do you know how to use the block chain accelerator?

I had about $300 in mulitibit.  I bought something on DRC using btc.  My fee was fine but the block chain was jammed up and DRC only gives you 2 days for the confirmations.   I don't know why or how since Multibit never got back to me despite all my emails and phone calls but for some reason all but $3. of my btc was unconfirmed.  And I only spent about $70.   So the entire time the money was waiting for confirmations so I could get my btc back (the btc processor DRC uses sent me a link to claim the money) I had no access to it.

I spent hours looking for a solution, and nothing I did worked.   I imagine it's a bug but now I keep most in electrum but I'm going to keep some in coinbase just in case.  I opened a blockchain wallet which I have not used (don't need more confusion) but I think for me the lesson is don't put all your money in one place because if there is a problem You're screwed.  

If you want there is a link on a bitcoin forum where someone was helping me understand how to use electrum.  I can post it here or pm you.  Really explained a lot about electrum since these places think we should know how they work..

I'm done with electrum.   Im stunned that I never heard one thing from them about this problem. Not even I'm sorry we're working on it.  Some people went back to using classic multibit.  Also I kept trying to update to version 5 but it would never let me.  

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. A @ AnnaSofia: Hi all hope everyone’s having an above average weekend.
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  4. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  6. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  7. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  9. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  10. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  11. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  12. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  13. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  14. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  15. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  16. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  18. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  19. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  20. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
Back