Alcohol in recovery from substance use.

Crackajack

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with kicking a particularly long term drug habit and how, if any, alcohol has played a part in your life after dependence?  Were you able to drink alcohol sociably and not have any problems? Did drinking alcohol result in you going back to your old habit or helped creating a new one? I’m really interested to hear other people’s experience. 

I myself had a nightmare, 13ish year H3roin and M3thadon3 addiction which I, very thankfully managed to come out the other side of 8 years ago. It hasn’t been without its struggles and many ups and downs. 

Would love to hear if anyone has else has similar experience and if alcohol has been a positive or negative in your life after drug addiction. 

I know  a couple of people who continued to use alcohol one or two times per week after beating daily use of nasal stim drugs.  But -they feelings as so different perhaps that's why thankfully my friends didn't get a new addiction to the alcohol.  But - alcohol is so very visible and something that can't really be done discretely, so maybe that's a blessing (it can't fit in a pocket, and it smells so much). 

Thank you for your reply 😊 Was generally quite interested in hearing people’s thoughts/experiences on this subject. Certainly alcohol use/abuse is much more socially acceptable. At least here in the uk. Than many other substances. 

Seems that alcohol can prove very problematic to individuals that have had previous issues with other substances. Alcohol seems to be a very problematic drug in general. 

Totally not. You get from the frying pan in the fire. Many smart drugs out there now to help.

I do drugs but NEVER alcohol. Once an recovering alcoholic the whole society will try to get you to drink again. 

Very different from C or Benzo which are NOT on every restaurant menu.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back