Anyone lost amazon packages for example. Or anything during COVID-19?

porkandbeansboy

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
I lost a domestic Legal Order of C@nn@bis Bud not to long back. Other than that I have not lost anything. I'm Only experiencing expected time delays in shipping.

I'm just wondering if I'm lucky or not, before all the problems with shipping caused by COVID-19 happened... I was planning to make a decent sized purchase before all this happened and just wondering if everyone is simply just experiencing long shipping times.

As I was told by the place I got my W33d losing domestic packages is extremely rare even during these COVID-19 problems. I'm not sure about internation@l packages though?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've definitely had domestic packages lost before and have had to open cases with the shipping co, at least one of which never got resolved. It's not as rare as you would expect, these people aren't paid enough to care. Doesn't matter private or public sector.

ETA: that's just within the service. Not to mention external factors like porch pirates and things "falling" off trucks.

Same here my daughter has packages she thought were gone forever because they would be 4 to 6 months and eventually showed up we had the same thing happen as well.so there is no 2 day prime all the time but have received usually a day late. One package sat in and out of hub for  2 months once. But for mast part they did arrive with few exceptions. Love you both H

Nothing completely lost but I had a package destined for Oregon, start in California, go to Illinois, go to Oregon, then to Texas, then back to Oregon. Lmao

The pandemic has certainly caused delays in shipping all over the globe. Mostly, all I've noticed is that things might take a day or two longer than they normally would. I've had a few items get significantly delayed (one bounced all over the country before getting delivered). But no outright disappearances.

I've had very little ever disappear from the USPS. Meaning, in my whole life. I can recall a couple of letters (yeah, we used to do this thing called "writing letters," an ancient practice involving pen, paper, and far more patience than anyone has anymore) getting chewed up in their machines and eventually arriving to me in pieces with a stock apology note. But even those eventually arrived.

My friends who work for USPS say it's actually fairly difficult to steal the mail. Not impossible, but items are tracked more today, and workers are watched more today, making it more difficult to pull off without them getting caught. Meanwhile, Amazon has made "porch pirating" much more common than it used to be. There are a lot more packages being delivered, and they're a lot more likely to contain something more valuable than the ugly sweater your aunt knitted for you.

So if something isn't delivered, I would question first: Do you know for sure it was sent? Online commerce has also created the phenomenon of scamming someone by creating a shipping label and then never sending the item.

USPS tracking is....inconsistent would a polite word. Sucky might be more accurate. So, next I would assume that the item is simply stuck, especially if tracking just keeps saying it's on its way to its destination without otherwise updating. That's their stock update for when an item has not been scanned in more than 24 hours. Items getting stalled are more common than items getting outright lost.

After that, I would suspect porch pirates, especially if there's some indication it was delivered and your mailbox is visible and accessible from the street.

I would assume USPS theft as probably the item's least likely fate. Possible. Especially if it's something that....uh....might be detectable by its odor and identifiable as fun and/or valuable. But I'd say the chances are fairly low.

With international mail in particular, I have noticed longer delays, especially getting through customs and then going from customs to the custody of USPS. What might normally take a day or two is taking more like three to five days. And I don't know how much easier theft might be at customs. (I have several friends and family members who work for USPS, but I don't know anybody who works for customs.)

tl;dr Most of the time, just sit tight and your item will eventually reach you. Covid is causing some delays. Allow more time for orders accordingly.

I thought shipping times were more predictable now? The items I order just can not be found domestically on amazon. I have to get it usually from the U.S. but sometimes other places. It's international shipping that I'm more worried about. Some things I can't get in my country deomstically so I'm forced to order certain items internationally. On top of that I have to pay huge international shipping fees too and the U.S. $ is worth way more currently which makes even more difficult. 

@porkandbeansboy  international shipping is def being affected in my opinion. Domestic hasnt been bad, the only thing was my package getting sent to the wrong city once, which extended time by one week, but im not sure its covid related.

I thought shipping times were more predictable now? The items I order just can not be found domestically on amazon. I have to get it usually from the U.S. but sometimes other places. It's international shipping that I'm more worried about. Some things I can't get in my country deomstically so I'm forced to order certain items internationally. On top of that I have to pay huge international shipping fees too and the U.S. $ is worth way more currently which makes even more difficult. 
I agree with the other Jesse above: US Domestic hasn't been too bad, but international is definitely affected by delays. How delayed depends a lot on country of origin. There are fewer flights into the US right now (fewer passengers make flights more expensive to run, and those flights used to also carry the international mail). So, first, you have to wait for a plane to leave your destination and arrive in the US. Customs is slower. Transfer from customs to USPS is slower.

I've noticed international delays of about 7-10 days compared to pre-Covid from the same sender. I definitely wouldn't count on anything in life being more predictable while we're still in the thick of the pandemic.

I'm surprised your international shipping fees are that high. Usually, it seems like there's a premium on US-US, while international is cheaper. Maybe the vendor would negotiate on the shipping charges? I suppose it depends on what you think is outrageous (I pay about $25 USD for express international shipping), as well as what your vendor's actual shipping costs are. A markup is reasonable, since their time and labor is involved, but I'd be inclined to try negotiating if other shippers from the same country are charging less for the same type of service.

But, yeah, definitely expect delays. I'd give it a good two weeks extra for shipping than you were pre-Covid.

@porkandbeansboy good seeing you again clear minded and thanks for all your help. I honestly have had issues with Amazon. This was when Covid was really bad. It would constantly say out for delivery then it would be at the hub. My most recent orders have been great though. I agree with @jesseatrev it does seem like things are returning to normal. So hopefully I can use @Max again and @Alfapharm as well. Love and thanks for your help Hev 

I haven't lost any international packages yet ironically. I've actually ordered quite a lot during the pandemic for international orders.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back