Anyone own any dyson beauty products

I've owned 4 vacuums.  The newer ones have been going down in quality.  I just threw two of them away and one of them was in for service multiple times.  Their service center was not too good.  I have once good vacuum left and it's probably 15 years old.  That all being said, I believe a high-end Chi beauty products are much cheaper, but not cheap, and I've beaten my straighteners, blow dryers, curling irons, hot combs, hot brushes out and I've only broke one straightener, but they lasted a long time.  I wait until they are on sale and I get them then.  It's Prime Day.  Get at it!  A lot of hair stylists use them.  What you spend on the Dyson, you can get a variety of CHI.  Just make sure the plates on the straightener is ceramic and higher end would abvoe that would be titanium.  A temperature dial is better than just an on/off switch as well.  There's also a hot comb I like as well.  If you have your heart set on Dyson, since they make vacuums and fans, I would go for a high-end blow dryer since they're already in that business, they might know what they're doing.  Hope that helps.  Kohl's frequently has them on sale.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the older model of the V15, the V8 and V11.  The V8 worked for a long time and the V11, that was a nightmare to service.  I know pretty well how to put them together, clean out the gunk, change the filter and get them working.  to get them clean for the next use is a nightmare.  I finally threw them both away because they wouldn't charge anymore.  I don't know how this new model is especially for the money, but I wouldn't buy another one.

Besides the CHI products above.  If you can get in today on Prime Day, they are a very good price and in bundles with a straightener and a blow dryer in a nice bag.

If it is a vacuum, floor cleaner you want, get a Bissell Crosswave, not a V15.  It vacuums both hard floors and is a carpet cleaner.  Only drawback is it won't work on a dry carpet.  You have to wet it with the machine with soap to do the carpet.  You don't want to clean your carpet every time you vacuum.  If I use it as just a dry carpet vacuum, it sucks up the dog hair and starts burning it.   The iRobot or the Shark robot vacuum are good options, too.   My i-robot lasted years and years till it was almost falling apart and now I have the i-robot wet floor cleaner. They work surprisingly well.  You just set it down, press a button and it does all the work for you.  .  You must stay out of the room it's working in.  I've fallen twice on the wet floor.  

Let me know what you decide to get her.

@Handsley i just ended up going with the new outsize.

i had a torque drive. And i loved it the v11 your referring  to is deff the animal which is a step down? 

correct if wrong

That sounds like a great gift.  I am probably the only woman in the world that would love a vacuum for a gift.  My v11 lasted 7 years before it wouldn't charge anymore.  It's a great gadget.  I have a lot of dog hair around here and when the Dysons went in the garbage, I went back to a good old broom and dustpan till I can afford the i-robot to vacuum.  I'd be a happy camper if I could run that thing on my hardwood floors every day followed by the wet i-robot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I only have a vacuum and I loved it when it was new, but it didn't last long and I have already been replacing parts and taking it apart to clean it all the time. It's so much lighter than the old Hoover type things, but at least they went forever with just a new belt now and then.

Have always been satisfied with my Chi purchases. They may not be the Cadillacs, but they get the job done and are a good value for the price. I've had my current straightener for years and it's still going strong. 

Now why do I feel like when I plug it in tomorrow morning it will be dead?

@Handsley ive heard that alot of it is proper product maintenance, not saying you didnt do that but in my day ive seen alot of mishandling of the machines lol 

I try to keep everything clean, but with animals, it's pretty tough.  With the Dyson, you can take every piece off and clean it, which kind of makes having a vacuum pointless if you run it and then get all the hair off of the roller, clean the filter, etc.  I keep finding myself going back to the broom on the tile and hardwood.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back