Are Bitcoins a good investment?

Kurt Codean

When I first joined this site in mid August the price of the Bitcoin was around $263.00 or something like that, now if you look at the daily price on that banner ad in the lower right corner it's up to $297.00. It seems to keep going up and up. Does anyone think investing in a few Bitcoins is a good idea? 

Two weeks ago I really did not had any idea what bitcoins were......and then I start reading after one of my vendors started
to ask for bitcoin payment.

The system bitcoins are constructed are far the best I've ever seen in a "currency" and the guy or the guys who invended that
must be pretty good. With the help of friends I've bought one bitcoin last week and this week I'll start to make my first own wallet.

Still don't get it but it looks like a pretty good and anonymous way of payment. If its worth to invest in time will tell I guess.
It will not hurt to invest in "a few" bitcoins but please check history first.....every search engine will give you a lot of info.

I personally think that this is one way to create a good global currency as long as state institutions are not involved in it.

A lot has changed in the last 10 or more years in buying from IOPs and bitcoins will be a part of the new way of safe buying
in the future.

Two weeks ago I really did not had any idea what bitcoins were......and then I start reading after one of my vendors started
to ask for bitcoin payment.

The system bitcoins are constructed are far the best I've ever seen in a "currency" and the guy or the guys who invended that
must be pretty good. With the help of friends I've bought one bitcoin last week and this week I'll start to make my first own wallet.

Still don't get it but it looks like a pretty good and anonymous way of payment. If its worth to invest in time will tell I guess.
It will not hurt to invest in "a few" bitcoins but please check history first.....every search engine will give you a lot of info.

I personally think that this is one way to create a good global currency as long as state institutions are not involved in it.

A lot has changed in the last 10 or more years in buying from IOPs and bitcoins will be a part of the new way of safe buying
in the future.
Hey thanks for the tip. Yeah I looked at the all time price chart for Bitcoin on coindesk.com. I think the all time high was around $978 back in November 2013. It's gone down a lot in 2014, all the way to back to around $300. In 2015 it hit a low of $209, but then went back up to a little over $300.. So I guess it is pretty volatile. I've never owned bitcoin and I'm not so sure how to create an account, but I think I might buy one and open a wallet just to see what happens. I do think it would be a good way to send money but I hope it doesn't start getting regulated by State or Federal Governments 

Hey thanks for the tip. Yeah I looked at the all time price chart for Bitcoin on coindesk.com. I think the all time high was around $978 back in November 2013. It's gone down a lot in 2014, all the way to back to around $300. In 2015 it hit a low of $209, but then went back up to a little over $300.. So I guess it is pretty volatile. I've never owned bitcoin and I'm not so sure how to create an account, but I think I might buy one and open a wallet just to see what happens. I do think it would be a good way to send money but I hope it doesn't start getting regulated by State or Federal Governments 
The way bitcoins are constructed are quite different from just printing some more bills if a state needs them. I'm glad that the inventor of bitcoins was that bright

and did it the way he did. I prefer the currency's value covered by logic than covered by the greed of some national banks or federal reserves. I've bought another 5 bitcoins Thursday morning to fill up my wallet.

Nothing beats safety

Hi julimond, thanks for your reply. I found a pretty good discussion about bitcoin on another section of this site, in the payment options section. The thread is called Bitcoins and is one of the first few threads in that section (http://www.drugbuyersguide.net/index.php?/topic/3883-bitcoins/). I think the conclusion they reached there is that Bitcoins are best used immediately after buying them. Saving them might be risky because of the volatility. I was only looking at the price range for the past 3 months or so where it has steadily gone up, but if you look at the price performance since November 2013, it dropped pretty drastically. It used to be over $980 at one point in that month. So I guess I'm not so sure if they are good to invest in, but they probably are a good way to transfer money from person to person. I don't think I'm qualified enough to speculate what the price will be in the future, but they might go up again so your investment might pay off. 

I only buy them to pay bills for.

Investment (IMHO) looks different :-)

Sorry, but it looks like that BitCoins are going up. Just saw 337 USD.

Just the "profit" made since last week will pay my next bill for Valeries.

Its not really looking like investment (or not??) but its nice to play with (up to now....nobody knows
what will happen if they come back to 200 and I have not spent whats in my wallet.

364 USD right now: THAT will answer any question if this "could" be an investment.

(will spend my "profit" right away before it goes south.....)

Thank God I've spent mine when they're at 452....bought a lot of PKs with it!

Caught tail end of a news story about bitcoin being looked into by govt. Sounded like they are going after the "founders". What's up?

Yes bitcoin is a great investment unfortunately I was hacked and they took all the bitcoin I had. I was putting it back to help with my children's collage. I don't have the money to buy them now I had them when bitcoin was around 200 each. It kills me I don't have them now things were looking good to help my children with college but not so much now. So many scams and hacker's when it comes to anything bitcoin related.

Sahgurufoundit said:
"Banking on Bitcoin" on netlifxx! Watching it now, good way for a newb like myself to grasp an idea of digital currency. 
Message me if you need any info or help with Bitcoin and I can help you out!!

haha. funny thread. In any case, it is worthwhile to hold Bitcoin, to purchase through it as much as possible - not to use it for trading purposes. Bitcoin is the future. It's annoying to see people just taking advantage of the currency for quick profits.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back