Ask a network/PC tech anything.

VII

I can see there's a lot of threads with various questions that can be answered with the same answer. 

So, in this thread you may ask me any technical issues your having rather it's with networking or with your computer in general. I cannot guarantee I can solve every problem seeing some need very specific specifications or having an actual tech look at the hardware itself to diagnose the issue. However, I'll do my best.

I'm not certified to provide much advice regarding MAC's unfortunately, but I can do my best for those MAC users out there.

Feel free to ask away, no question is a "dumb" question. The only "dumb" thing is not asking the question if you need answers. So if you need answers, I'm here for you. 

-VII

Thanks @VII, I am sure I will be taking you up on that offer as I'm always having computer issues and hate dealing with them so much, I just give up and got to my phone or tablet.

Thanks @VII, I am sure I will be taking you up on that offer as I'm always having computer issues and hate dealing with them so much, I just give up and got to my phone or tablet.
Anytime, if something occurs be sure to log what happens to the computer. The more information provided will only improve the results of the diagnosis. 

I'd suggest using a program called Speccy which is widely used by most techs that are on the job or out. It provides your computer specifications, if there's a bad port/slot, what temperatures your hardware is running on and so forth. For most cases, I see people running a PC with a very high CPU temperature to the point that you could cook an egg on it. This is generally caused by buying a prebuilt PC with a defective motherboard or CPU without the consumer being aware of it which is why I'd always advise getting to know a PC tech nearby that you can trust to build a PC for you. Not only is it cheaper but you know exactly what you're getting. 

Here's a video demonstration of what happens when you have a CPU with a bad cooler, if it's defective causing high temps, or any various reason. This is not my video and all credits go to the owner and creator(s) of this video. 

This is not fake in any way shape or form, this is 100% real and is not widely known. There's a lot of techs out there that never take temps into consideration, but simply getting a new motherboard + CPU combo would resolve such an issue for the most part if you have decent cooling inside the PC. 

I can't say this is your problem, but everyone that reads this needs to be aware of how dangerous it is to run a defective CPU or a CPU that has a bad cooler. 

Personally I had a prebuilt PC that I was merely using to upgrade from time to time seeing I was lazy and didn't want to assemble everything one by one...waiting for all the parts to come in the mail before building it and so forth. Biggest mistake of my life, came with a defective CPU and it ran at over 175+ degrees fahrenheit (80 celsius). This was the only problem with the computer and I didn't know till it was too late, now some of the parts are going bad.

So just as a re-cap, this post is just in reply to yours while also informing people of the importance of knowing your CPU's temperature before anything. 

Holy F*ck. I just dissociated and thought I was listening to My boyfriend when he goes RC speak..or Star wars talky..or techy talk. High five to you for being a frickin genius.  Absolutely no BS. Its super awesome when girls rock some from memory Pythagorean theorum math skills or better yet..are good with computers. Sadly, the only port I know readily is the one to charge my cell phone thru. But..then again..THAT is what boys are for.  Btw..I use Android and my daughter, a 9 year old does all my app stuff for me. She has master cerebral cortex, like yourself. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back