Been A Long Time...

blueroan17

Hi everyone, good to be here...again! It's been ages -- I remember when it was just DB; I was very impressed to see the site in its present incarnation. I'm in VA, near Skyline, and I *think* when I was last on board my ID was the same, or similar -- blue7roan, maybe? Can't pin down the exact year but if you remember friendly's or doc B outta TX or that great place in the woody part of NC, that was the era. (Note to PM: I hope since these are long defunct I'm not breaking rules by referring to them...?) Anyway, at one point it all came crashing down, forever, I thought. However, after coming back and lurkin' 'round readin' the last couple days, I'm beginning to think there's cause for new hope. Thanks to so many major posters giving me an inkling of new found faith -- I appreciate it! I'll probably be pretty quiet for a bit because I'm still wading thru the reading material but I hope to talk to you all eventually. Thanks again!

Hi everyone, good to be here...again! It's been ages -- I remember when it was just DB; I was very impressed to see the site in its present incarnation. I'm in VA, near Skyline, and I *think* when I was last on board my ID was the same, or similar -- blue7roan, maybe? Can't pin down the exact year but if you remember friendly's or doc B outta TX or that great place in the woody part of NC, that was the era. (Note to PM: I hope since these are long defunct I'm not breaking rules by referring to them...?) Anyway, at one point it all came crashing down, forever, I thought. However, after coming back and lurkin' 'round readin' the last couple days, I'm beginning to think there's cause for new hope. Thanks to so many major posters giving me an inkling of new found faith -- I appreciate it! I'll probably be pretty quiet for a bit because I'm still wading thru the reading material but I hope to talk to you all eventually. Thanks again!
Welcome to our community BR, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I also should clarify something for you, that being the fact that we are in no way, shape or form connected to, affiliated with or re-incarnated from the old DB board, of which I was also a largely non-participating member. As a result, you won't find Alex Marlin, nor any of his cronies, here on DBG, as we're a vastly different culture that places a high value on integrity of information, safety, security and a family environment, none of which I would apply in describing Alex and his board, at least in the later stages of its existence anyway.

That having been said, once again, welcome to DBG, and thank you for your kind words. We feel that we are building something truly unique and special here, and we welcome your participation, contributions and experienced perspectives.

Jewy

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, sorry Jewy, I did not realize the disconnect. Thanks for the info; like I said, I'm still reading and plan to pretty much shut up for awhile, but I did feel kinda odd just lurking. I was fairly peripheral at the old board, so not familiar with Marlin & Co. -- guess I should be glad I skipped it, sounds like! Anyway, thanks for the head's up.

Hi Blue Roan!

Welcome! I learned so much from this site, and of course, i continue to learn! Hope you find lots of useful information and maybe even provide some!

CatintheHat

Oops, sorry Jewy, I did not realize the disconnect. Thanks for the info; like I said, I'm still reading and plan to pretty much shut up for awhile, but I did feel kinda odd just lurking. I was fairly peripheral at the old board, so not familiar with Marlin & Co. -- guess I should be glad I skipped it, sounds like! Anyway, thanks for the head's up.
No worries BR, and no need for apologies. Just wanted to be sure to note that we weren't affiliated with the old DB board. Let's just say that Mr. Marlin and his associates weren't exactly of high character, and unfortunately, the end was not a pretty one. I watched it unfold from the cheap seats, and only learned the depth of the dysfunction well after the fact, so trust me, you didn't miss anything worthy of your time! In any event, that's all ancient history, and I'm glad that you're with us. Please don't feel that you have to stay quiet just because you're new to the community. There's plenty of casual, non-medical related and generally fun discussions of all sorts taking place every day, so jump right in and give DBG a test drive. I'm confident that you'll enjoy yourself, and will be a regular in no time! Have a good one.....

Jewy

Hi CatintheHat,

Thanks for the welcome! I am learning a lot -- just finished plowing thru a 195+ page "pinned" topic and then managed to erase the post I tried to make regarding it. But, oh well, I'm learning, LOL! I have to say, I'm very impressed just w/ the bit of browsing I've done so far. And I hope I will have helpful things to share in the near future, too. I've relied on one IOP for several years now and feel lucky to have 'em (although, since the main thing I've ordered with them has just more-than-quadrupled in price, I'm not quite as enthused as I might've been a month ago). So, I suppose you could say I'm looking to evolve...

Blue Roan

Welcome, Blue Roan. I hope you find DBG as informative as I have. I have found some Great Vendors, and am addicted to lurking around this place!

No worries BR, and no need for apologies. Just wanted to be sure to note that we weren't affiliated with the old DB board. Let's just say that Mr. Marlin and his associates weren't exactly of high character, and unfortunately, the end was not a pretty one. I watched it unfold from the cheap seats, and only learned the depth of the dysfunction well after the fact, so trust me, you didn't miss anything worthy of your time! In any event, that's all ancient history, and I'm glad that you're with us. Please don't feel that you have to stay quiet just because you're new to the community. There's plenty of casual, non-medical related and generally fun discussions of all sorts taking place every day, so jump right in and give DBG a test drive. I'm confident that you'll enjoy yourself, and will be a regular in no time! Have a good one.....

Jewy
Thanks, Jewy. I figure: I'm old (well, "of a certain age," y'know?). I've got bills, kids, normal household turmoil, and lovely ol' CP as the icing on top. Drama & dysfunction I don't need. Actually, after browsing quite a bit, I've noticed the Mods are very succinct about cutting off anything that might develop as such and I must say I find that comforting. It looks like this is the place. So, Merry Wednesday everybody, and good luck at the mailbox! -- BR

Thanks, Jewy. I figure: I'm old (well, "of a certain age," y'know?). I've got bills, kids, normal household turmoil, and lovely ol' CP as the icing on top. Drama & dysfunction I don't need. Actually, after browsing quite a bit, I've noticed the Mods are very succinct about cutting off anything that might develop as such and I must say I find that comforting. It looks like this is the place. So, Merry Wednesday everybody, and good luck at the mailbox! -- BR
Hi BR,

Welcome!

The Mods are a fine pair indeed!

They not only do their best to keep away the "rubbish", they have incredible knowledge, experience and genuine interest in everyone being kept as informed and as current as they possibly can. (IME).

If you stay a while you'll see why this board retains some of the classiest members that I'd ever hope to know!

Beranda

Hi BR,

Welcome!

The Mods are a fine pair indeed!

They not only do their best to keep away the "rubbish", they have incredible knowledge, experience and genuine interest in everyone being kept as informed and as current as they possibly can. (IME).

If you stay a while you'll see why this board retains some of the classiest members that I'd ever hope to know!

Beranda
Hi Beranda,

Thank you! Even after such a brief time here, I have to agree w/ you. I've been doing my homework, reading thru old threads. Mostly concentrating on the PK neck of the woods, my special interest, but venturing elsewhere too. Some very reasonable, smart people -- their comments are to the point & tell the story. I've already initiated a txn based on my reading & I'll post the results in the appropriate thread asap, I hope by Monday or Tues.

Meanwhile, thanks again for the warm welcome -- very much appreciated! -- BR

Hi Beranda,

Thank you! Even after such a brief time here, I have to agree w/ you. I've been doing my homework, reading thru old threads. Mostly concentrating on the PK neck of the woods, my special interest, but venturing elsewhere too. Some very reasonable, smart people -- their comments are to the point & tell the story. I've already initiated a txn based on my reading & I'll post the results in the appropriate thread asap, I hope by Monday or Tues.

Meanwhile, thanks again for the warm welcome -- very much appreciated! -- BR
Great to hear that you've been able to find a suitable vendor for your needs! Please do keep us up to date on your results, and don't hesitate to jump in elsewhere on the board. I generally have a pretty good instinct where new members are concerned, and I can tell that you've got "the right stuff" to be a great contributor! Looking forward to it...

Great to hear that you've been able to find a suitable vendor for your needs! Please do keep us up to date on your results, and don't hesitate to jump in elsewhere on the board. I generally have a pretty good instinct where new members are concerned, and I can tell that you've got "the right stuff" to be a great contributor! Looking forward to it...
Jewy, you are a sweetheart! Thank you so much for the kind words -- and excellent psychology, as now I am even more determined not to disappoint or let you down. You made a remark in another thread about immediate, kind but firm direction from seasoned members to newbies being preferable to the baseball bat school of discipline (not an exact quote, obviously, but the essence, yes?). All I can add is AMEN, brother! I hope I'll have some meaningful contributions soon -- would love it if it happened before the weekend though I'm not terribly optimistic. If this were a favorite song thread, I'd post Tom Petty's "The Waiting is the Hardest Part." No joke, huh? Meanwhile, your post gave me a huge smile first thing this morning, which is not a shabby way to start the day atall -- Blue

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back