Been here for a while... Hello!

• Thread starter Thread starter suew99
  • Start date Start date
S

suew99

Hi, I've been here for a while, first just reading, then joined.

Sorry, I've never introduced myself!

Same as "about me" in my Profile:

I am firstly a lover of all animals...

I own a small collection of a variety of smaller exotic animals. Reptiles, Amphibians and a Tarantula.

I travel throughout my community and teach young and old about these misunderstood animals.

I also have 2 beautiful cats, and one very large thoroughbred horse.

And one son who moved out last year, a couple thousand miles away for his job. Miss him!

My kittens / cats one year now, are Short Hair Exotics a.k.a. Persians with short hair. One is 1/2 Himalayan, the other is pure Persian. 

My horse is a son of Northern Dancer, the only Canadian horse that has ever won the Kentucky Derby, years ago.

I show him in Dressage. 

We used to do jumping, until my knee finally gave out from a few falls from years of riding.

So, I am a crazy cat / snake / horse lady, with a slight limp.

In my spare time, I do Graphic Design, in business since 1993. Well before the "Internet" & and Digital everything!

Still learning to keep up with the ever growing technology!

I also enjoy hiking, trail biking, fishing (catch & release only), sailing and scuba diving in the Caribbean (when I have enough $$ left over from my OP monthly bill and saving for my retirement). Less every year!

I also used to spend 2 months every year in my family's Condo in Mexico, and also a few weeks driving around the Southwest... California, Arizona & Utah. I have this crazy addiction to the Desert. I hope to retire there someday...

However, the older I get, the more I work, and the less I vacation!

I also now am the designated caregiver to my elderly parents. I am the only child that still lives close to them. They are older & cannot drive anymore, and still live in their own home. I take them shopping, to the doctor, mow their lawn, etc., etc. Thankfully, they are still young at heart, and relatively healthy for being in their '80's. Cross fingers ! !

Welcome Suew99, 

looks like you've already are well on your way to become part of this community.

I too was a caregiver to both of my parents and was with them both till the end. I held my moms hand as she passed over and was with my dad as he did too. It's a very difficult job particularly if there is Alzheimer's or dementia involved and I salute your selfless giving of your self.

welcome!

Hi Suew

That's a nice introduction. I like knowing our members beyond what IOP they prefer. I already had you figured for a cat lady, but a horse with a famous father is very cool, and so are the other critters. I always jump at the chance to hold a snake or baby alligator or anything that's offered up. Would like to trade with you as far as the desert is concerned, I have learned to appreciate it's stark beauty, but I miss trees.

I agree with way2old and salute you and all caregivers, it's not easy.

2earls

Welcome Suew99, 

looks like you've already are well on your way to become part of this community.

I too was a caregiver to both of my parents and was with them both till the end. I held my moms hand as she passed over and was with my dad as he did too. It's a very difficult job particularly if there is Alzheimer's or dementia involved and I salute your selfless giving of your self.

welcome!
Thank You very much for your reply.

My Parents have changed 180 degrees in the past couple years. Dementia... old age.

Hard, when they resent you for stuff you do to help out.

I think they're sincerely pissed too, as that they realize that their bodies are shutting down.

I don't seriously know how I will deal w/ it, when the time comes!

I'm happy you're O.K., I hope you are...

Hi Suew

That's a nice introduction. I like knowing our members beyond what IOP they prefer. I already had you figured for a cat lady, but a horse with a famous father is very cool, and so are the other critters. I always jump at the chance to hold a snake or baby alligator or anything that's offered up. Would like to trade with you as far as the desert is concerned, I have learned to appreciate it's stark beauty, but I miss trees.

I agree with way2old and salute you and all caregivers, it's not easy.

2earls
Thanks for the nice Hello!

O.K. Why don't we trade for one year... you can have custody of my 'critters, my backyard trees, some biggies! And I'll soak in the desert. I'll send my parents to my MIA sister.

Ever see the slightly abstract S.W. paintings by Ed Mell ? They are all over my office, I stare at them especially in the wintertime. To me, nothing better than a summer sunset in the desert, no wind, so quiet, & the sky, even the air, seems to glow... dream...

Take care,

suew

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. CnC5 @ CnC5: Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Check out our new post on our thread ✨️✌️
  2. A @ AnnaSofia: Hi all hope everyone’s having an above average weekend.
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  4. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  5. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  6. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  7. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  8. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  9. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  11. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  12. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  13. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  14. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  15. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  16. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  17. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  18. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  19. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  20. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
Back