best ADHD meds?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I wanted to know what some members opinions are about ADHD medications. Like I currently take vyvanse but i was just woundering if there were any members with expierience with other medications or with vyvanse too. Any input would be helpful. Also this is for narcotic forms of ADHD meds.

I have minimal experience, but have tried a good variety of ADHD meds including:

Vyvanse

Adderall

Dexedrine

Focalin

Concerta

Ritalin

Vyvanse happened to be the least effective to me. Focalin was the best but Adderall and Dexedrine also worked wonders. Concerts and Ritalin (two different versions of the same drug, methylphenidate) worked moderately well.

I guess everyone's different, but it seems to me the vast majority of people find Adderall and Dexedrine to be the most effective, but man, Focalin is awesome.

Im presribed adderall, ive had concerta, dex, vyvanse, ritalin. Vyvanse was really expensive and I found it was the least effective. It seemed very mellow and didnt provide any spark. Vyvanse was made by Shire in response to them losing the patent adderall to Teva. I used to think Ritalin was the little kids ADD/ADHD meds but now Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate definitely takes the icing off that cake. It's just an extended release little kids meds. LOL...... Idk thats just my opinion. But I got a bad case of narcolepsy along with my adhd.....

I find Rubifen from Spain is a good substitute for the more expensive Ritalin. I used the 20 mg tables for studying, broke them in half, so I had two 10 mg doses for a day. I had some Ritalin from Novartis before but I didn't notice any difference in the effect they gave me.

Rubifen vs. Ritalin: Parents in New Zealand Want Ritalin Back

I just came across a news story about the funding of medication for ADD and ADHD in New Zealand. I was already aware of this story, because a reader of this blog commented here about the fact that this issue was going on.

What happened is that government of New Zealand stopped funding Ritalin for ADHD, and started to fund a cheaper generic medicine called Rubifen. Many children who take this medicine are not having the same benefits that they did with Ritalin, and parents have been frustrated and upset that they cannot get the funding they need for the medicine that works for their child.

Parents are demanding the funding be reinstated for Ritalin, however the director of Pharmac (the funding agency) says that Rubifen passed the tests and they don’t plan on funding Ritalin anymore. They are saving a lot of money by funding Rubifen.

Last edited:
Rubifen vs. Ritalin: Parents in New Zealand Want Ritalin Back

I just came across a news story about the funding of medication for ADD and ADHD in New Zealand. I was already aware of this story, because a reader of this blog commented here about the fact that this issue was going on.

What happened is that government of New Zealand stopped funding Ritalin for ADHD, and started to fund a cheaper generic medicine called Rubifen. Many children who take this medicine are not having the same benefits that they did with Ritalin, and parents have been frustrated and upset that they cannot get the funding they need for the medicine that works for their child.

Parents are demanding the funding be reinstated for Ritalin, however the director of Pharmac (the funding agency) says that Rubifen passed the tests and they don’t plan on funding Ritalin anymore. They are saving a lot of money by funding Rubifen.
Yup. I also remember reading this in the internet when I was searching for information about Rubifen. Seems NZ went back to the original from Novartis but as I said already, Rubifen did the same job for me when I had to study for an exam. Used it twice a day in 10 mg doses and I didn't notice any severe difference to the Ritalin I was taking before.

I have minimal experience, but have tried a good variety of ADHD meds including:

Vyvanse

Adderall

Dexedrine

Focalin

Concerta

Ritalin

Vyvanse happened to be the least effective to me. Focalin was the best but Adderall and Dexedrine also worked wonders. Concerts and Ritalin (two different versions of the same drug, methylphenidate) worked moderately well.

I guess everyone's different, but it seems to me the vast majority of people find Adderall and Dexedrine to be the most effective, but man, Focalin is awesome.
Never ever heard of FOCALIn

Thanks for the INFO

Been prescribes Ritalin earlier in my days, now I get 30 mg adderalls twice a day. Really couldn't be focused for my job and life without it.

I like vyvanse I take 70 mg a day and have been on Ritalin, dextrine and adderal. Vyvanse is a little bit more mellow but lasts way longer with out that major crash from adderal. I took 25 mg XR

From my experience Ritalin (Novartis or Zafa brand) is good, once a day (maybe twice if I have a lot of work to get done) dex sure made me talkative, and less sweaty than Ritalin haha. Dex is a nicer option, but it's more expensive. After all, it just depends what your body tolerates the best, so listen to it /default_smile.png

Genuine ADHD here, if that helps.

Take care.

I think it really depends whether you are add or adhd. For me...Ive tried them all and Addy's are the best by far. Nothing else was even close in comparison.

Have you tried mixing addy with moda? You'll have brainpower that you didn't know was possible. They are synergistic, which formally means that together you get more effect than if you were to add the effects of either taken alone. moda handles the GABA and glutamate for you, while addy does the dop/norepi, totally different mech's and they both work.  Caffeine is also a diff mechanism and can contribute to the synergy because it works on adenosine rc's. For exams, I mix caffeine + moda + addy + ephedrine + metoprolol, I get sharpness like you wouldn't believe. Don't waste it when you're up there, reserve it for some serious pressure.

I have never used moda. I have no idea what it is. I do like the sound of what you are describing. I've always been a creature of habit with my extracurricular activities. I see I may need to expand my horizons a little. Please tell me more @modupman. Feel free to pm me. I freakin live this site..lol:)

Hello.

My question is: How much Add do you take for a good effect? I mean to be well focused, confident.....

Same question with Dx.

;-)

I liked 10mg for good focus, but I'm taking it for ADHD and hate any sort of speedy feeling. Never tried dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back