Best liver protection - An oral only cycle special

Hammerblow

Spammers
 There are so many products on the market today each making claims to guard one’s liver from anabolic steroid induced damage, I thought I would read through a couple of scholarly articles and write something that is understandable and useful.

Steroid toxicity is not a widely researched topic in the medical community, probably, because it affects too few people.

The less the liver is able to metabolize a steroid, the more toxic it is. The more androgenic and less anabolic a steroid is, the more toxic it is. Liver toxicity is not confined to oral steroids, but those are the chemicals that do the most damage.

So, what does that mean? One of the most toxic steroids to the liver is mibolerone (cheque drops). It is not metabolizable at all and is excreted in the urine as unchanged mibolerone. It is not known exactly how the C17 alpha-alkylation of most oral anabolic steroids causes liver damage but it is observed as I stated above that the more androgenic an oral compound is, the more toxic it is, so we are left with the hypothesis that since C17 alpha-alkylation blocks the liver hormone that would normally break the steroid down into useless metabolic components and allows the steroid to pass into the bloodstream that the androgenic activity of the steroid in the liver is somehow the source of the problem.

How is the liver damaged? Bile flow is impaired. Steroids cause the liver cells to swell and hold bile that would normally be secreted into the digestive tract. The damage caused by bile acid accumulation in the liver is called cholestatic liver damage. As bile gets backed up in the liver we see increased serum levels of AST, ALT and GGT. The retained bile salts are so toxic to the liver cells that they can cause the liver cells to die and create an inflammatory response further exacerbating the situation. If enough liver cells die, bile ducts can be destroyed.

But, not all bile acids are toxic.

The oral administration of Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) will assist the liver in producing bile acid metabolizing enzymes that will break the toxic bile acids down into less toxic compounds. TUDCA is itself a non-toxic hydrophilic bile acid. While the exact mechanism is unknown, TUDCA will also reduce pre-programmed liver cell death called apoptosis and will stimulate impaired bile secretion of accumulated bile acids.

TUDCA is the most potent form of liver support currently available.

Milk Thistle extracts have liver tissue regenerative properties, are excellent anti-oxidants but don’t impact cholestasis. So, while they are excellent at overall general liver health they are not adequate protection against the ravaging effects or oral anabolics.

Essentiale Forte is a phospholipid complex that has been shown to help clear toxic bile acids from the liver. It is an excellent supplement and probably the next best thing to TUDCA. It is produced by the pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis.

N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) supports the production of Glutathione, which itself is a powerful anti-oxidant that can protect the liver against toxicity but once again is limited in its ability to treat cholestasis and is marketed in many preparations with poor bioavailability.

Liv-52 is an excellent blend of antioxidants but will not treat cholestasis.

Dosing of TUDCA – 500 mg / day while on a cycle containing oral compounds. It should not be used more than 8 weeks at a time or for the duration of the cycle as it can have a negative impact on lipid values.

For general, year round, liver support, I would look to Milk Thistle. It's my go to But I'm not an authority on the matter and remember it's subjective to ones self.

Picked up some essentiale forte @Hammerblow, I like to look after my liver, and as a general go to, I use milk thistle too throughout the year. I don't use any steroids myself, but thanks yet again for posting such valuable info! 

Thank you! It's honestly no problem at all I have this stupid brain full of what I've gained it's nice to pass it out there. Essential Forte is great obviously as is milk Thistle. More should as a general rule aas or not use them. Treat it like your daily vitamins is how I think about it. You've only got one liver and it takes a beating at times. Especially with what we put in our bodies and expect it to handle.

Keep an eye on renal more so, as the liver can regenerate, the kidneys cannot.

I use a product called N2Guard from Needtobuildmuscle.com I don't do anabolics but I do like to take care of my vitals

Spirulina and NAC (N acetyl cysteine)
I've used spirulina several times, I might have had poor quality brands perhaps, but I seem to get spots as a side effect with it. I'll look into NAC too.

nac for me it is important to look after all your organs. This is just specificity due to the heptoxix nature of oral. The liver is unique thst it cannot regenerate (I don't think it's,fully though 75% is in my head) but that regeneration can go one of two ways the right way with minimal scarring or the wrong way where you don't take precautions and eventually you develop cirrhosis. Again it goes back to longevity and eventually your liver will also become a victim if you don't take the proper steps especially with the doses of orals I'm seeing in some cycles and that's before the grams of injectables.

I watched a Dorian Yates interview where they asked him about long term damage and very Yates style he explained he's never felt better but has a mate on the transplant list because for years he abused otc neurophen

And steroids are illegal? If we educated correctly it would be so much simpler. Anyway I'll get another topic up soon ?

Cheers!

I heard recently from a dr on utube who prescribes trt to many past bbers, that the guys from the 70s took choline and inositol to 'clean' their liver after a cycle involving orals, probably from fatty liver?  I cant recall the dose but around a couple of grams of each for a couple of months. Too much causes diarrhoea, so careful the first few doses or build up slowly. This dr did say the guys using this had good liver function. 

I was in body building but then many of the lads did weights when in pongoland. I got to a decent size of 18.7 stones and was nicely symmetrical. I always used supplements but never did roids. 

Anyway, long story short here or I can go on a bit. I drank heavily when in Germany for 3 years, seems everyone did. I have fatty liver and have used milk thistle and life extension optimised B complex but still have fatty liver. @Hammerblow. I suffer Crohn's and Wegeners. This means I am on prednisolone and also azathioprine and the latter is known to be toxic on the liver. I will tell you what I take now and maybe you will be kind enough to advise b

i take DHEA, pregnenolone, get testosterone undecoanate 1000mg in 4ml every 8 weeks ( pituitary problem called empty sella) , zinc 30mg with selenium, e and D in the tablet. Wild oil of oregano, vitamin E 400iu, life extension optimised B complex and methyl folate. Magnesium malate at mega dose and calcium with d3. I take silymarin every 2 weeks in a month. Does fatty liver ever go away ? The brain fog has lifted since adding mag and methyl folate. I know the diseases mean it will be very difficult to manage but I want to try my best to give my body a good chance. 

I am awaiting a cardio appointment to see if I can get back to working out although limited on certain exercises due to damage at L4 & L5. Oh, almost forgot  I take b15 or pangamic acid and this really does seem to help me with energy plus I take melatonin at night but it's made by Schiff and is 3mg melatonin mixed with valerian, GABA  within 15 minutes of that I feel like I've had a really heavy hit of benzo  

Thanks in advance 

Last edited by a moderator:
just got my blood work back and my liver enzymes came back even more solid 19/15 (AST/ALT)  , better than years prior where they were in the 20's the only time I had elevated liver enzymes is when I think the nurse pulled the blood wrong and it was more darker than a nice clean red, than the doctor redid it and it came back normal.

I really believe the milk thistle, nac and eating AVOCADOS and cucumber infused water helped allot, because the liver is no joke to play with. I love lifting and I love workout supplements !

and I had a bad codeine addiction with cough syrup this past year with dealing with pain and allergies, and of course my regular controlled script (Xanax)

I stick to milk thistle, NAC, and avocado , and cucumber water, cardio!!!! and water, I wear 3shirts when I do cardo to so sweat.

I was really worried my liver enzymes would come back high because I did abuse the codeine syrup for 6months during the winter time when I was dealing with non stop allergies and cold weather surfing. But I made sure to take vitamins, water, liver protectors and eat allot of veggies

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back