Best Songs

Jellopanda

Decided to start a new topic here, because sometimes it's not just about the best albums, but the best songs. And i decided to kick it off with this song:

Decided to start a new topic here, because sometimes it's not just about the best albums, but the best songs. And i decided to kick it off with this song:
Gotta confess that's the first time I've ever seen a Roman chariot powered by Harleys instead of horses.  Very much dig the 80's-era hippity-hop vibe no doubt nurtured by the presence of one of the godfathers of hip-hop, Kool Moe Dee.  Towards the end, whoever was singing through the credits sounded so much like Michael Jackson that I half expected his name in the credits.  Very trippy video!

In the Best Album thread, you shared a video of Steve Martin's banjo wizardry during a Letterman appearance with Earl Scruggs, a man who will forever be one of America's most beloved bluegrass artists.  It's also noteworthy that Steve Martin was inducted into the American Banjo Museum Hall of Fame last year.  Here's another tune by Steve with his bluegrass group the Steep Canyon Rangers performing on Letterman.  Those who dig gospel, bluegrass and a cappella harmonies might find this hymn most heavenly:

Gotta confess that's the first time I've ever seen a Roman chariot powered by Harleys instead of horses.  Very much dig the 80's-era hippity-hop vibe no doubt nurtured by the presence of one of the godfathers of hip-hop, Kool Moe Dee.  Towards the end, whoever was singing through the credits sounded so much like Michael Jackson that I half expected his name in the credits.  Very trippy video!

In the Best Album thread, you shared a video of Steve Martin's banjo wizardry during a Letterman appearance with Earl Scruggs, a man who will forever be one of America's most beloved bluegrass artists.  It's also noteworthy that Steve Martin was inducted into the American Banjo Museum Hall of Fame last year.  Here's another tune by Steve with his bluegrass group the Steep Canyon Rangers performing on Letterman.  Those who dig gospel, bluegrass and a cappella harmonies might find this hymn most heavenly:
Tbh, i wasn't sure starting this thread was a good idea as having it all in one place (the best album thread) has some advantages. There are songs i like that doesn't have an album tho or where i don't like the rest of the album all that much, or just so-so.

With the Macklemore song i guess it was just as much about the video tho, but i do think he's a really good rapper and his lyrics and videos are nearly always funny and intelligent satire.

Never seen that Atheist Song @DippityDoo. Really funny, though i suspect not so much for religious people. I'm being unfair, i mean religious people of the intolerant, humourless kind. I suspect plenty of religious people would find this funny as well.

@PTFC Mentioned Depeche Mode so i'll post one of my favourite songs of theirs, tho there's a lot. How important a good stereo is varies from album to album, tho it always helps. With this song the high quality production makes a good stereo take a song that is already amazing to a whole new level.

I've decided to include a couple of great tracks from Pentatonix. Not sure if this was what @PTFC was talking about when he mentioned his distaste for classics getting an a capella version in the UK, but here goes:

Just follow the video more than the lyrics here, cause the lyrics are too fast to follow and the mussic video is amazing:

The National as a band are a work of art so so very underrated it's criminal.

The National as a band are a work of art so so very underrated it's criminal.
I agree. The US/Canada have produced The National, Arcade Fire, The White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, British alternative has dried up, unfortunately. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily best songs but earlier this week I was listening to Father Christmas by Greg Lake of famed King Crimson and of course ELP. Come to find out he passed away yesterday of cancer at 69. So if you're a lover of Progressive rock and have some KC or ELP play it in Greg's honor he had an amazing voice. I'm listening to Lucky Man one of the truly great acoustic tunes ever.

RIP Greg you will be missed

"That's the Way of the World" - Earth, Wind & Fire.  I don't think you have to be my age to appreciate the timelessness of that song:

Hearts of fire creates love desireTake you high and higher to the world you belongHearts of fire creates love desireHigh and higher to your place on the throne

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back