Best strain for benzo taper?

Jam1976

hello, this is going to be my first post in a long time! I haven't had much luck with kratom in the past, but it could have been the vendors I used... the strains, etc. The first time I used it, I felt calm for about 3 minutes and then nothing. I spent a bunch of money.. on both regular and some more expensive varieties. But nothing worked. I will read through this thread and look for the best recommendations. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience using this to taper from clonazepam? I know it's known to be very helpful with opiate withdrawals. I was wondering if it would also help with benzo tapering? I've been at about 4 mg a day for years, sometimes 2mgs...Sometimes as high as 6mgs. I know a lot of my dependence is psychological. I have a lot of anxiety and stressors in my life as a parent of a special needs adult child. He needs to be watched 24/7 (cerebral palsy, epilepsy and mild autism... With the developmental age of about 18 months old. He's now 21). As well as a full-time job and another younger child. But there are healthier ways for me to deal with my anxiety. If I could find something that could just help smooth out the edges while I start to taper It would probably be a huge help in getting me started. I used to be on 8 mg of Suboxone, I'm down to 2 mgs now. Hopefully I'll off soon altogether! But I wonder if Suboxone blocks the effects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Have a great night everyone! 

@Jam1976 I used to use kratom back in 2016 and havent used it since then so a lot might have changed idk, but I always got good relief from "Red Bali".

If your already on suboxone that will definitely block the effects of kratom...   I most definitely feel for you, im sure its extremely tuff..   In all honesty though I think you being around with a clear head is the best option...    

Is there any other family members that you can ask for help? Or even outside state funded help that you might be able to take advantage of...?

Sending positive vibes none the less...

People have/do use kratom for benzo withdrawal. I'd recommend a DuckDuckGo and/or Reddit search for that info as there are a bunch of threads out there for that. 

This gets a mixed reaction BUT strains are pretty much just marketing. For instance, I've had green "strains" give me the strongest "opiate-like" effects whereas it's an almost universal claim that reds are supposedly the most like that. My advice are to seek out vendors that offer sample packs. 

Better yet, find a vendor that offers batch information and then try to mix and match different batches with your order. It all comes down to the drying process. That affects the color and potency more than anything. Hope this helps  

Honestly, you need to research the vendors description because not all colors or strains do the same.

I like the red strains for calm, and the green ones for energy. But the vendor should have a description on it being an energy strain, focus strain, or calming one.

Kratom can definitely help with anxiety, but idk about necessarily being good enough to get you through a benzo taper, but it depends how serious of a habit you had. 

And taking subs doesn't necessarily negate the effect, especially on a lower dose like 2mg. Kratom works on a lot more receptors than just the mu opioid receptor. I'm currently tapering from subs and kratom is helping immensely. 

I would go with one of the preferred vendors in the other section and just try a couple different strains, see what helps. 

I used MO Botanicals and bought their 30% ultra enhanced mango da plain leaf/extract mix to kick a 7 year Xanax addiction. It is pricey, but extremely powerful stuff and got me off of benzos with extreme ease. I virtually had no WD symptoms using that product, but YMMV given the fact that you are currently on Suboxone. 

I used MO Botanicals and bought their 30% ultra enhanced mango da plain leaf/extract mix to kick a 7 year Xanax addiction. It is pricey, but extremely powerful stuff and got me off of benzos with extreme ease. I virtually had no WD symptoms using that product, but YMMV given the fact that you are currently on Suboxone. 
Thank you so much for this recommendation. Gotta taper and be done with drugs over the next year and stockpiling valiums for an expected year slowly tapering. The few weeks that I had for clonazapam and clonazolam weren’t hell, but I seizured out and hit my head; woke 1 hour later and took two years or three in residential inpatient and day programs then finally outpatient and just support for employment and disability after 6 years. The WD left me unable to tie my shoes or remember one day from the next for about six months. I recommend no brain injuries for anyone, but mind your head if unsteady on or getting off of drugs. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back