Bitcoin losing value

Does anyone have a way of managing your overall bitcoin assets so you do not lose money?  I use Gemini to purchase and then Blockchain as my wallet.  It takes like 5 - 6 days to get a bitcoin purchase completed.  After I became comfortable using bitcoin I thought it would be a good idea to keep a certain amount in my "wallet" so that if I decided to purchase something, since it takes so long to make the bitcoin purchase, I would have some bitcoin ready.

It was several months between loading my wallet and the decision to make a purchase with bitcoin, but when I checked my wallet the value of the bitcoin had declined by perhaps 5 - 10 %.  Recently I was going to make two purchases from two different vendors and I thought I had it calculated that I would have enough bitcoin left after the 1st purchase to make the 2nd purchase from the 2nd vendor.  But that was not the case, I may have calculated wrong but after the 1st purchase I was barely short of what I needed to make the 2nd purchase.

I thought I had taken the transaction fees into account in my calculation.

So I have not made that 2nd transaction.  Today I was thinking of purchasing more bitcoin to add to my wallet to make the 2nd transaction because I running short of this product that I use from the 2nd vendor.  But when I looked at my wallet I found the value had dropped again.

My knowledge of Bitcoin is just that of a person who uses it to actually purchase items, not as a trader.  I don't really want to try bitcoin trading, I don't want to put the effort into it that is needed to understand it.

So my question here is, can anyone offere advice providing the best way to use bitcoin without losing a lot of money?  I know of "Bitcoin Cash" which was supposed to be speed up the transaction process.  Should I be using that instead of standard bitcoin to make purchases?  Thanks for any help.

Here is a recent article from the NY Times that discusses the declining value of Bitcoin but how it is still favored by "criminals".
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/technology/bitcoin-black-market.html

Using a method that allows instant access to the coins is better. You can buy them with Cashapp, for the simplest method I found. Coinbase with a debit card (not a bank account, this WILL hold the funds) let’s you send the coins around immediately. Don’t buy any BTC until the trade needs to be made. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back