Brutal Month of Arms

Hammerblow

Spammers
Each month I like to take a specific body part and really blast it to the max. Basically what I am doing is based on the principle of overcompensation. I am not going to discuss the overcompensation principle here, that is something that warrants its own post. What I am going to lay out is my arm routine (actually it is my whole routine for the next month). You SHOULD NOT do this for more than 1 month at a time or you will be defeating the purpose of using overcompensation training. This workout is to brutal to do for any longer. I would also suggest you be on cycle when doing this to assist with recovery. If your arms don’t grow after this, I don’t know what to tell you. Just be aware that most of the growth will occur the following month after this routine is done with. That is when your arms will finally have a chance to rest and that is when the growth occurs. So without further ado here is my arm workout that I will be doing to help with the "gun show" *uurgh** when I go on stage next year.

Insane Arm Workout

The split for this workout is going to be:

Day 1 – Back and Biceps
Day 2 – Chest and Triceps
Day 3 – Hams and Biceps
Day 4 – Quads and Triceps
Day 5 – Delts and Biceps
Day 6 – Back and Triceps
Day 7 – Chest and Biceps
Rest for 3 days and then repeat.
You will repeat this for four cycles.
On your rest days feel free to do some cardio or abs but skip the cardio on your scheduled workout days. All your energy needs to be focused on your workouts only. I do have to do cardio every day When I am prepping for a show, but otherwise I would suggest skipping the cardio.

That’s right. Arms every single day! I told you this was going to be brutal on your arms but you will be sporting bigger guns in the end.

Now to the actual workouts:

I shouldn’t have to mention it but you need to control the eccentric portion of all of these lifts. At the bare minimum you should have at least a 3 sec negative and 4 is even better so adjust the weight accordingly. If you are not controlling the negative, don’t come crying to me that this routine didn’t work. I can’t stress enough the importance of controlling the negative. And time your rest periods! These time periods are there for a reason and need to be followed to the T to get the most out of this routine. Also use intentions whenever possible. If you have read my other posts you know what I am talking about, so there is a little incentive if you haven't read them.

Day 1 – Back and Biceps

Seated cable rows
4 sets of 10 rest only 40 seconds rest between sets

Pullups
5 sets to failure – 60 sec rest

Dumbell Rows
5 sets of 10 – 40 sec rest

Superset: Narrow grip pulldowns with 45 degree narrow grip pulldowns (lean back 45 degrees)
5 sets of 10 – 45 second rest between supersets

Wide grip pulldowns
5 sets of 15 – 45 second rest

Back extensions
3 sets of 15 – 60 sec rest

Preacher curls
4 sets of 10 – 40 sec rest
I want you to do each set of the preacher curls as a drop set. Yes, you heard me right! Each set is going to contain 4 drops and you will try to get out 8-10 reps for each drop. (You might only be doing the bar at the end but that is OK.) When you are finished with the last drop in the set, hold and flex your biceps for 20 sec. Squeeze them as hard as you can. So what this boils down to is a total of 16 sets when you include the drops. I told you this was going to be brutal and this is only Day 1!

Standing Barbell Curl
4 sets of 12 – 40 sec rest

Incline DB curls (neutral grip to supinated at the top)
4 sets of 8 – 60 sec rest
On the last set do a drop set of 4 drops in weight and try to get 6-8 reps for each drop.

Congratulate yourself. You are done with Day 1. Get ready for Day 2.

Day 2 – Chest and Triceps

Incline Barbell press

Bench Press

Superset: 30 deg. DB flyes with 30 deg. DB presses with a neutral grip
4 sets of 12 for the flyes
4 sets of 6 for the DB presses
90 seconds rest between supersets

Superset: Rope pressdowns with overhead rope extensions
4 sets of 10 for each – 60 sec rest between supersets

Superset: Lying DB extension with close grip push ups
4 sets of 12 for the DB ext.
4 sets taken to failure for the pushups
60 sec rest between supersets

On to Day 3

Day 3 – Hams and Biceps

Superset: Lying leg curls (toes pointed in) with lying curls (toes neutral) with lying curls (toes out)
3 sets of 8 each – 60 sec rest between supersets

Superset: Stiff legged deadlifts with wide stance deadlifts
2 sets of 20 each – 60 sec rest between supersets

Walking Lunges
2 sets of 15 for each leg – 60 sec rest

Preacher Barbell Curls
4 sets of 6 – 40 sec rest
On the last 3 reps of every set hold and squeeze at the top for 10 sec (make them burn here)

Standing DB curls

On to Day 4.

Day 4 – Quads and Triceps

Leg Extensions
5 sets of 8 – 60 sec rest
On the last rep of every set hold the contraction at the top for at least 10 seconds
For the last set do a quadruple drop set

Leg Press
5 sets of 20 – 2 min rest (you better be building up the lactic acid here because I am giving you 2 min now to get rid of it)

Hack Squats
3 sets of 10 – 90 sec rest
On the last set do a triple drop set (shoot for 6-8 reps each drop)

Walking Lunges
5 sets of 15 for each leg – 60 sec rest

Superset: Straight bar pressdowns with overhead rope extensions
4 sets of 6 each – 60 sec rest between supersets

Superset: Skullcrushers with bench dips
4 sets of 6 for the skullcrushers and take the dips to failure – 60 sec rest between supersets

Now to Day 5

Day 5 – Delts and Biceps

Seated military press

Seated DB Press

Superset: Seated DB front raises with DB Clean and Press
4 sets of 12 for front raises and 6 reps for the clean and press – 60 sec rest

Preacher BB curl
4 sets of 10 – 40 sec rest
On the last 3 reps of every set hold and squeeze at the top for 10 sec

Straight bar curl
4 sets of 12 – 40 sec rest

Incline DB curls (neutral grip to supinated at the top)
4 sets of 8 – 60 sec rest
On the last set do a drop set of 4 drops in weight and try to get 6-8 reps for each drop.

Day 6 – Back and Triceps

Seated cable rows
4 sets of 10 - 40 sec rest

Pullups
5 sets to failure – 60 sec rest

Dumbell Rows

Superset: Narrow grip pulldowns with 45 degree narrow grip pulldowns (lean back 45 degrees)
5 sets of 10 – 45 second rest between supersets

Wide grip pulldowns
5 sets of 15 – 45 second rest

Back extensions
3 sets of 15 – 60 sec rest

Superset: Rope pressdowns with overhead rope extensions
4 sets of 10 for each – 60 sec rest between supersets

Superset: Lying DB extension with close grip push ups
4sets of 12 for the DB ext.
4 sets taken to failure for the pushups
60 sec rest between supersets

Day 7- Chest and Biceps

Incline Barbell press

Bench Press

Superset: 30 deg. DB flyes with 30 deg. DB presses with a neutral grip
4 sets of 12 for the flyes
4 sets of 6 for the DB presses
90 seconds rest between supersets

Preacher Barbell Curls
On the last 3 reps of every set hold and squeeze at the top for 10 sec

Standing DB curls

Rest for 3 days (Now you know why you need these 3 days of rest.)
Repeat for 3 more cycles

I’ll be starting this very soon so I will be suffering along with you if you start it up soon. I am hoping to put at least a half inch on my arms after this completing this to help with the gun show. (Hopefully more).
Enjoy

Edit:

This is obviously a big boy routine for experienced lifter, but for those not ready or willing to jump head first into this routine, here is an alternative to ease you into it: I also alternate between hack squats and conventional depending how fried I am. And also dumbbell rows for conventional deadlifts again just depending on feel. Same rep ranges apply. 

For the workouts that have 5 sets specified for them, drop that number down to 2 sets for the first week and for each subsequent cycle of the program you will add an additional set back in so that by the fourth and final iteration you will doing the 5 full sets that are now specified. It will still be a mind-blowing month of arms even doing it this way.

Cheers.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back