CALLING USPS TO TRACK INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES.

• Thread starter Thread starter Benz2Heaven
  • Start date Start date
B

Benz2Heaven

As I am sure most of you know you can't track international packages online from certain European countries (One very popular e-mail vendor happens to live in one of those countries unfortunately for those of us ordering in the US!) but you CAN call the USPS and they can track it on the phone for you if they connect you to thier international mail services. The vendor I usually order from says it takes 10-14 days to receive package but mine has NEVER taken more than 7-8 (I live on the EastCoast) and my last 2-3 have made it in 5 days-that's including weekends!!! Well just made another order and it is VERY IMPORTANT I get this one ASAP and bc I was used to getting them in 7-8 days the ones that came in 5 I either did or almost missed delivery bc I wasn't expecting it so I didn't have anyone home to sign. This time I thought Id be proactive and call the USPS and see where it was today to get an idea if it looks like Im gonna get it by the time Ineed it or not. For the first tie EVER they couldn't tell me anything more than it had reached the USA but they didn't know if it was on it's way from USPS to customs, at customs, on it's way back from customs to USPS or just hadn't been scanned and was in transit.  Im a little paranoid anyway but extra right now bc it is more important than ever that I get this particular package ASAP, this is one of those Idon't have time for reshipping and even if I did vendor is out of town unti at least Sept 5. So now I am wondering ALL these questions that are driving me bonkers so ANY info is super appreciated!! Thanks to those that take the time to read and respond!

1)DOES CALLING THE USPS TO TRACK THIS PACKAGE INCREASE MY CHANCES OF IT BEING OPENED/INSPECTED?

2) IF CALLING DOESN'T UP MY CHANCES OF IT BEING INSPECTED HOW LONG DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GIVE THEM BEFORE CALLING BACK TO CHECK STATUS B/C I HAVE TO SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE AND OBVIOUSLY  HAVE TO ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE TO BE HOME TO SIGN FOR IT BC IF NO ONE IS HOME IT ACTUALLY ADDS DAYS BC YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE FOR REDELIVERY, DAYS I DON'T HAVE RIGHT NOW!

3)IF THEY DO INSPECT IT AND CONFISCATE IT HOW LONG DOES IT NORMALLY TAKE TO GET YOUR LL? (I'VE NEVER GOTTEN ONE, THANKFULLY-KNOCK ON WOOD!)

4) FINALLY, IF I FIND OUT IT WAS CONFISCATED RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANYONE THAT CAN SHIP US-US (X@NS, PREF. kS@l0ls) SO I CAN OVERNIGHT IT IF I HAVE TO, EVEN IF I DON'T GET AS MANY AS THE ORDER I AM WORRIED ABOUT BUT I GET ENOUGH TO GET ME THROUGH SEPT 5 (ISH) AT LEAST B/C THAT'S WHEN ORIGINAL VENDOR IS SUPPOSED TO BE HOME, GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DAYS, AND C CAN ARRANGE A RESHIP WITHOUT "BREAKING THE BANK".

ALSO, ONE OTHER THING....

MANY TIMES I KNOW ONE PACKAGE IS LOOKED UP FOR TRACKING STATUS NUMEROUS TIMES AND IF IT DOES  MAKE IT MORE LIKELY TO BE INSPECTED DOES IT ALSO CAUSE YOUR ADDRESS TO BE  FLAGGED FOR THE FUTURE?

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO READ AND REPLY! ALL THE BEST! :-)

UPDATE: Incase anyone else was concerned about this same issue, while I will admit it could be coincidence, I believe most people on here refrain from answering unless they are pretty sure they are correct, especially the mods. Well, yesterday when I called USPS to track my package I was told it was/had been "probably with/turned into customs for clearance" so if tracking a package made it more likely to be inspected I couldn't have called at a worse time. However, after reading the previous responses I decided to listen/take my chances and call again today to see if there was any movement with package and YAY! There indeed was! It had already made it back from customs and through two other USPS facilities in-transit to being delivered to my door!

So, in conlusion, if you can't track your package online b/c the SOBs at USPS took down the ability to track many international packages quite a while ago yet you can call USPS and track them that way (BTW, after finishing this post I am going to make another post in it's own topic but in same forum for those that have to track international packages this way with a secret I learned yesterdaywhichspeeds up your waiting time to get your info so check it out-it's gonna cut my time tracking international packages by like 99%) feel free to call and track your package as much as you like and it seems it doesn't increase your chances of getting a LL instead of your package at all.  (I obviously don't work for USPS and can't guarantee this info but between the kind responses I got from my question and the tracking of this recent international package not being snagged even though I was tracking (in my mind, drawing attention to package) right in the middle of it being in custom's hands and it NOT being confiscated and quickly back on its way to making me a very happy personI believe those who answered before me were correct - TRACK AWAY!    All the best! :-)  

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back