Can kratom be used instead of methadone

jjoe

Like the title says can kratom be used instead of methadone , any feedback welcome 

thank you 

jjoe 

Hmm, now...I have zero experience with Methadone I'm afraid, but my gut instinct would be that it can, but that it would be far weaker than what you're used to, and that the danger of a relapse might be there...

I know it's not comparable at all, but I've been using DeeHC and codeen for about 8 years, it was on a daily basis, but now I manage to take kratom on around 4 days out of every 7. I find that on the first kratom day I get bloody awful muscle aches, to the point I have to just lie in bed, and my stomach is awful too. This gets better as the days go on, but it's always a relief when I 'allow' myself to take my usual meds again.

Again, I know that my op!ate experience is far less severe than yours, but that's the only anecdotal evidence I can offer you.

I think you'd have to have large doses, perhaps 10g, taking that would be difficult and side effects of kratom could be very apparant. But it's helped me reduce my painkiller use, and it's definitely helped many people in your shoes. From what I'm read on the internet in many different places, yes, it can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
i should imagine it wont take away the withdrawals though would it. not much does lol

Kratom would be therapeutic lets say .I have tried it and did it hold my withdrawals to dhc ..Yes it did ,but it takes allot of will power at the same time .

My advice would be to check out all the strains look for a decent supplier and give it a go .There will only be two outcomes it will either work or it wont ,ive herd lots of stories where its helped allot ..Well more changed there lifes for the better , no one can say it works or not as everyone's differe4nt it may well help you cut down ..Give it a shot as its pretty cheap .

As far as I have re-serched kr@tom is good for the final stages of done reduction,I wouldn't fancy trying to use it over high mg levels of done?....

Peace 

Bliss....

Hmm, now...I have zero experience with Methadone I'm afraid, but my gut instinct would be that it can, but that it would be far weaker than what you're used to, and that the danger of a relapse might be there...

I know it's not comparable at all, but I've been using DeeHC and codeen for about 8 years, it was on a daily basis, but now I manage to take kratom on around 4 days out of every 7. I find that on the first kratom day I get bloody awful muscle aches, to the point I have to just lie in bed, and my stomach is awful too. This gets better as the days go on, but it's always a relief when I 'allow' myself to take my usual meds again.

Again, I know that my op!ate experience is far less severe than yours, but that's the only anecdotal evidence I can offer you.

I think you'd have to have large doses, perhaps 10g, taking that would be difficult and side effects of kratom could be very apparant. But it's helped me reduce my painkiller use, and it's definitely helped many people in your shoes. From what I'm read on the internet in many different places, yes, it can be done.
In the same boat as you re the meds Smoka90. Never tried Kratom, in fact only just heard of it, but would like to try it to see if can help reduce my meds. Any idea where I can purchase for Uk delivery?

In the same boat as you re the meds Smoka90. Never tried Kratom, in fact only just heard of it, but would like to try it to see if can help reduce my meds. Any idea where I can purchase for Uk delivery?
Sorry to have to tell you, but kratom in the UK is pretty much a no-go at the moment. The Psychoactive Substances Act came into law last month. Everything except alcohol and tobacco is gone. Possession is still legal, but purchase, import etc are all illegal. The law was to close down headshops selling research chemicals and synthetic cannabinoid blends. Banning ethnobotanicals really wasn't their main intention. But all the UK kratom shops have closed...sorry mate... I was only writing for folk in the US or elsewhere in Europe.

It used to help me really reduce my prescription med use as well, keeping me healthier. Not anymore. It's awful...

The best strains that give a more opiate like effect would be the red strains. If you get a private reserve red strain or red strain resin, I think that would be up your ally. 

As I said before kratom in red strains is your best bet for m/done wds.Having said that I'dv thought it could be useful for a switch from smallish dhc use,but I REALLY wouldn't recommend it for a switch from the final stages of m/done reduction plan.I'd say for the last say 10mg jump from m/done as at low doses it's SO easy to relapse esp if you are still dabbling with H.The thing with m/done it takes so long before you get your sleep pattern back to normal and stop the wds in final stages of the jump off and I'd imagine kratom would be ideal for this.But if your trying to transfer from m/done to kratom at anything over 25mls it may stave the worst of the wds but I can't see it being a pain free switch.I've got off several m/done scripts over the last 20yrs and have found sleep VERY difficult when you jump.off and become "clean" it can take months to get a proper nights sleep and feel ok.M/done is a REAL biatch to come off and you feel SO lethargic for several months!.In my case against my better judgement I have had to go back on the (green handcuffs) as I call it,and that's only so I can hold down my full time physical job.In the end it was either use H Or go  back on the dreaded green!.M/done does have its uses of course as you can calm down your caotic lifestyle of scoring and mostly being strung out!.As I said the done most definitely can be a godsend but at the same time its a terrible if not the WORST PK to quit.But If  your lifestyle is spiralling outa control either the green or suboxone is your only choice and they can help you become an active member of society.The downside is ALLWAYS the final stages of reducing when it's just so easy to relapse! In my experience the quicker you can get stable and reduce quickly the better.For  example I was on suboxone for over two years and if I did go back down this route I'd aim for getting off in 6 mnths at the most as the longer your on it the harder it is to become free of opiates.

Ps I'f anyone is thinking of trying opiates PLEASE don't as they ALLWAYS win in the battle of addiction,I remember being told to be VERY careful with opies and I just thought ill be ok and I wont let myself get an addition to them!.And God how wrong I was as they WILL addict you regardless of class or creed they ALLWAYS win!.She can be a cruel maiden to feed and there's only one direction with her and that's downwards!.

So do please take my advice and please don't dabble with this most cruel of meds??.

Peace 

Bliss......

When you say you wouldn't recommend it for a switch from the final stages of a methdon reduction plan.  Do you mean to sub or op8 free living? 

Wouldn't using kratom after finishing a op8 reduction plan and being clean be a bad idea. Even if its just to help you sleep, because its an op8 its self from the little  know about it, wouldn't there a risk of relapse. I wonder how much kratom you'd need to equal 25ml juice. Probably a lot i'd guess.

I do want to try some proper kratom one day, hopefully before it gets banned, to see how much it could help. So its only red strains that really work best. 

Probably it can be used instead of methadone. In articles they mention many times that kratom can be used for treatment for drug addicts - so it does same function as methadone.

Is even better because you can regulate your own dose and you can have smaller and smaller doses.

I wish you were correct, @joe957. I can say that it is not like d0ne, and would only be minimally effective to help with withdrawal symptoms, even at low 'jumping off' doses of meth@dne. It would not be helpful to take large doses of kratom either, unless vomiting green grit sounds good. I speak from experience.

@Conceited, I don't think you could take enough kratom to equal 25mg of meth@dne, but there are concentrates that are pretty strong. My concern with those is that they will jack your golly to the point leaf won't work. I wouldn't say red is the only one that works. The different strains have different effects. Reds are more sedating, more like op8. Greens are more speedy, whites somewhere in the middle. I mix strains to get the results i want.

There is a lot of good info in the kratom thread, and some experienced folks who can help.

I wish you were correct, @joe957. I can say that it is not like d0ne, and would only be minimally effective to help with withdrawal symptoms, even at low 'jumping off' doses of meth@dne. It would not be helpful to take large doses of kratom either, unless vomiting green grit sounds good. I speak from experience.

@Conceited, I don't think you could take enough kratom to equal 25mg of meth@dne, but there are concentrates that are pretty strong. My concern with those is that they will jack your golly to the point leaf won't work. I wouldn't say red is the only one that works. The different strains have different effects. Reds are more sedating, more like op8. Greens are more speedy, whites somewhere in the middle. I mix strains to get the results i want.

There is a lot of good info in the kratom thread, and some experienced folks who can help.
 What do you mean by jack your golly so leaf won't work. This is for a kratom only  person? If you can't get a strong high or relef it won't effect anything else?

The concentrates of kratom, like UEI, or ultra enhanced.are much stronger than regular leaf. Using those concentrates on a daily basis, or using high doses will make your tolerance go up, just like with 0pi's, and it will make the regular leaf less effective, or not effective at all. Using higher and higher doses of regular leaf can do that also. You were correct @Conceited about it being opiate like, and dependence and tolerance can exist with kratom. I wouldn't recommend it to someone clean, unless there was a very good reason, like treating pain or insomnia issues, if other options didn't help,and you're trying to avoid full agonist opi,  support while tapering or WD symptoms help. 

The golly word was my tablet's attempt at writing for me... Autocorrect sucks.

Basically, kr@tom can be helpful with relieving some WD symptoms, but it will not be as strong as the sch2 stuff. In my experience, it helps with pain and can make me feel like doing stuff, but I don't get a buzz from it. It can be useful for tapering off other opi, but it's not powerful enough to replace done. It may help with some WD effects though.

Other options are the Thomas Recipe, which is a combination of supplements and helper meds, the congdon recipe, similar to Thomas, but with additional ingredients, or a custom version.

FWIW, I wouldn't recommend going from methadone to subs, unless you have no choice. Some have better luck coming off subs than done, but for others it's the opposite. I would suggest switching to a short acting opi from done, after tapering down as much as you can. Then you can continue to taper off the short acting, which should be easier because of the shorter half life.

Good luck to anyone who is trying to get clean. It is possible. I look forward to hearing your success stories.

@AngryBird Guess its worth a try if it helps with wd's, even if it's only minor.  Finding what strain and type of kratom if you have a high op8 tolerance is not possible until you are in wd, and what your doc is effects finding out?

I think the consensus is suby are more easy to stop then mdone. A lot of people choose subs over meth if they really want to stop.  Not just coast by until next high.        

@AngryBird Guess its worth a try if it helps with wd's, even if it's only minor.  Finding what strain and type of kratom if you have a high op8 tolerance is not possible until you are in wd, and what your doc is effects finding out?

I think the consensus is suby are more easy to stop then mdone. A lot of people choose subs over meth if they really want to stop.  Not just coast by until next high.        
I wouldn't say subs are easier to kick as I found them to be more difficult mentally to kick than done but everyone IS different.

@AngryBird what shorter acting opiate would you recommend during the last stages of done reduction?.DHC for instance,it's just that I was looking into trying the purging treatment with ibogaine to kick the done but when I said it was the done that was my problem they said I'd need to switch to a shorter acting opi as done was just too strong and long acting opi to treat with the ibogaine treatment.Btw the treatment was available in my own country however it is VERY expensive!.

Peace 

Bliss.....

@blissopifree 2 Like you said everyone is different sub work for some, same as meth. Sub are better when you get to 2-3mg or less. You get the whole doese imo. Then when down to 0.4mg you can take a crum if you feel lethargic if you haven't jumped before then.  If you get liquid meth taking less then 10 ml, even worse 5ml and under doesn't always hold you. Depending if you've just eaten or drank a few brews in the morning. Most people i've come across agree.

Maybe if the pill form of meth was available on script it may be possible to finish up on the meth. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back