Cheap Dentistry In Mexico

HYPNOTIC.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
LOS ALGODONES, MEXICO — The first time Mike Negle walked across the U.S.-Mexico border to Los Algodones, near Yuma, Arizona, he was instantly surrounded by salesmen who screamed they had the best deal, the best offer or the best price. They reminded Negle of hawkers in open markets in the U.S. who sold tomatoes or knock-off designer sunglasses. But these men weren’t selling tomatoes or sunglasses.

They were selling root canals.

“There’s a guy standing right at the gate by the border,†Negle explained. “He says, ‘I got good dentistry, come with me,’ and he’ll actually walk you over to the dentist and then they’ll give you an estimate."

"And then when you walk out of that door, someone else will grab you up and take you to another dentist down the road, and then maybe they’ll knock 20 bucks off, maybe beat the price by some,†he said.

Tomato markets aside, Negle wasn’t used to doing business like this. Like most Americans, he’d always chosen his doctors and dentists not because of cost, but because of coverage — as in, did his insurance plan cover a provider or not?

Negle drives tractor-trailers. He has since 1984. Over the years, he admits to eating a lot of roadside food and not making a lot of trips to the dentist. So by the time he went to see his dentist in Fargo, North Dakota, he was told it would take $20,000 to quell his many toothaches. Instead, Negle looked for other options.

“Know where to find a good dentist in Mexico?†he asked someone he met on the road.

“Yes. Go to Los Algodones,†she said.

Which he did. Negle made eight trips in six months for a total of four root canals, four crowns, five fillings, a teeth cleaning, a deep cleaning, and laser whitening. He’s not done. Soon, he’ll also get two new implants and a permanent bridge.

This was going to cost $20,000 in the United States. In Mexico, it cost him $3,800.

~Younghypnotiq

Wow! I would loveee to get gold braces in Mexico, they cost $5k here in the states. Good info!

i heard of someone dying from infection after getting dentistry in mexico,but i fiqured to be safe when you got back get a checkup(and maybe some antibiotics)from american doctor!?

I had my dentist put gold crowns on all my upper, lower, left, and right molars. 12 teeth to be exact. All had root canals and I'm stealth proof for about 10 years when it will be time to pull them all out and have implants put in.

I know a dentist in my State who looks after all my dental needs and in exchange I look after his yearly taxes, just as he likes it /default_smile.png  

Ya know if you're really strapped for money a lot of colleges will perform services at a discount. It's with a student intern though but if you pick a reputable college in an urban area you should get professional service.

Thank God I have always taken care of my teeth and avoided meth. Lol! I hate the thought of an intern or someone in Mexico digging in my mouth. Ew.

Cat, I meant an American intern from one of the Dentistry teaching hospitals in an American city.

I could only image what it would be like in an area without the proper medical devices.

It would be like Moe extracting a tooth from Curly's mouth with a pair of plyers. Ouch!

Nuk Nuk Nuk woo woo woo woo woo

I know what you meant. Still not havin it. :::::::: shiver::::::::: lol!

I never miss a chance....i get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle!

I had braces on my teeth for 5 full years when I was younger. Because of that, the enamel on my teeth all became weaker and unfortunately led to big problems as I became older. As a youngster, as we all know, it only takes 15 seconds to fully brush our teeth. Despite what are "stupid" out-of-touch patents would tell us:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been perusing several topics on this site and landed on this one.  I have a wonderful person who helps me out with my errands and chores and she was born in Valle De Trinidad in Baja, MX.  Over the years she has told me about experiences with dental and orthodontic care in Tijuana.  There are places to have your teeth worked on but it is important to find the right office for you.  Just like in any country, they have standards that must be met but the most important piece of advice is you get what you pay for.  That is true for the States as well!

I really need to go to Mexico! I have always had trouble with my teeth since I was young (too young to have destroyed them myself). Some dentists told me it was just a hereditary trait.

Recently I had a lot of dental work done, comparable to the beginning story of this thread. On vacation one of my front top teeth that had just been "fixed" broke off at the gum line. I got to meet the governor of Wyoming and his wife with a beautiful hillbilly grin.

When I got home one of my implants fell out so I went to a new dentist and he pulled the broken tooth.

Now both dentists had pulled a tooth in the same area. One of them left a bone chip inside my gums that worked its way up under my other good teeth and caused an infection in 4 roots, all had to be pulled. So now I have practically NO teeth until I can come up with $9000 on top of the price of a new car that I have already spent. I can't prove which dentist left the chip in so I am just screwed. Ironically the vacation was to celebrate having all my dental work completed. So yeah, Mexico sounds like something to think about.

I've got a nephew who was in Mex and got a grip of high quality dental work done for like $500. It would have been about $3,500 in the states..It has been about 4 years now, and everything is holding up good. He had no insurance at the time, and is completely satisfied...

-YB

I really need to go to Mexico! I have always had trouble with my teeth since I was young (too young to have destroyed them myself). Some dentists told me it was just a hereditary trait.

Recently I had a lot of dental work done, comparable to the beginning story of this thread. On vacation one of my front top teeth that had just been "fixed" broke off at the gum line. I got to meet the governor of Wyoming and his wife with a beautiful hillbilly grin.

When I got home one of my implants fell out so I went to a new dentist and he pulled the broken tooth.

Now both dentists had pulled a tooth in the same area. One of them left a bone chip inside my gums that worked its way up under my other good teeth and caused an infection in 4 roots, all had to be pulled. So now I have practically NO teeth until I can come up with $9000 on top of the price of a new car that I have already spent. I can't prove which dentist left the chip in so I am just screwed. Ironically the vacation was to celebrate having all my dental work completed. So yeah, Mexico sounds like something to think about.
. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My poor soul sista!

I just found this and it is very helpful. i'll post if i make my way to mexico...once i find out how much damange i have on my teeth. bad genes....and my parents took me to the dentist religiously. But after i turned 18 and moved away for college...didn't really look back. now i'm paying for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, please reconsider going to MX for this. My husbands good friend needed quite a few dental implants and those are damn expensive here so he went to Costa Rica for a much cheaper job. He did a lot of research and was confident in his decision. It was a 2 step process and after step 1 (pulling all the teeth that needed to be replaced under general sedation) he went back to his hotel to rest. Step 2 was to be in a couple weeks (putting in the implants). He died in his sleep at the hotel that night. The family can never prove wrongdoing but it is so coincidental that he passed hours after the general sedation. We got the call that he passed on our honeymoon, just awful. Came home to his funeral.

not worth your life.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back