Clearance Costs?

Gyre

R.I.P.
Strange... My post-app says I have to pay $25 clearance costs for the import of goods into the European Union... Thats new to me. How do customs know what's in my mail? I hope they don't know what's in there.

Anyone had this before? Mail is from Indian vendor

thats weird, you gotta pay another fee to someone else just for them to deliver mail into your country? maybe with all those terror alerts some new thing? 

I'm also from Europe , have never heard from this.

Mostly i order from a Philippine vendor who not send as packing but as letter never have any problem.

Please do not describe your packaging if you want to continue to get them.  Always assume LE is going to be reading your post.

maybe its being delivered by a 3rd party carrier that picked up the package that is probably outsourced by your regular mail company to deliver foreign mail? 

Well, my vendor says it's very strange. He has never had that.

But, it's the law. Because I import 'goods' into the European Union, the postall office is obliged to declare my mail with customs and I have to pay taxes for importing into the EU. 

I can challenge this. However, then they have to check the goods and estimate it's value. I don't think that's a good idea.

I will just pay the 20 Euro's. Mai will arrive this afternoon

Well, my vendor says it's very strange. He has never had that.

But, it's the law. Because I import 'goods' into the European Union, the postall office is obliged to declare my mail with customs and I have to pay taxes for importing into the EU. 

I can challenge this. However, then they have to check the goods and estimate it's value. I don't think that's a good idea.

I will just pay the 20 Euro's. Mai will arrive this afternoon
Taxes = BTW?

Taxes = BTW?
Well, it's called 'Inklaringskosten' and its a sum you have to pay to the postal office because of the handling of the mail and the administrative expenses that are made, e.g. costs for customs, BTW-taxes and import levy. 

It's very normal, because that's EU-law. However, I have NEVER had this before. Indeed. Customs think I ordered something that is of some value and to import it I have to pay for it. Main question is: did they open it or didn't they.... /default_smile.png Will see, my mail will arrive within two hours now. 

To be honest: I've never heard about that before.

In Switzerland they sometimes charge the WUST (BTW), but for handling

was originally paid at point of despatch.

Or...is that the new way to make money out of the illegal imports instead of sending them back?

I did not
My post was not directed at you but at Duvel right above my post.  I didn't want to quote his post and then have it posted "again".  I should have quoted and just X out the descriptive part.  Duvel, we don't mention where vendors originate from and especially don't describe packaging!!!  That is my vendor too and I want to continue to receive.

OK! My present was delivered. I had to pay 20 EUR to the postal guy, he then gave me a bill. It's from customs and I have to pay it as a IMPORT LEVY for the import of NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS.

So that's the deal. You buy scheduled medicine from outside the European Union and, consequently, you have to pay a levy for it... Crazy world.   

I'm glad that turned out okay Gyre, alarm bells were ringing for me just for a tiny moment lol

GYRE, first thing I thought was by paying this fee you'd essentially be " signing" your name to EU customs by agreeing you wanted, accepted and were aware of the package contents- IM VERY GLAD I was wrong and YOU got the package! GREAT news!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back