Coinbase new rules starting 6/27/2022

list yourself as the wallet owner and then transfer it to your external wallet before anywhere else. don't they already have your info anyways?

What's a better place to buy crypto without stupid regulations? I've only ever used Coinbase. 

@Deepnorth @Nightec  its crazy. like @NuevoLion said they do already have your info but now they want to know who you are sending your coins to and why.. not cool.
im prob going to start using cash app now on to get my btc then send to my wallet.

@Deepnorth @Nightec  its crazy. like @NuevoLion said they do already have your info but now they want to know who you are sending your coins to and why.. not cool.
im prob going to start using cash app now on to get my btc then send to my wallet.
but if you just send from coinbase to your own external wallet and send to vendor from there then they don't need to know anything about the secondary send from wallet to vendor. and they aren't saying they do. i don't know which is better between coinbase or cash app, both seem like they require all of your information in order to use them. not sure it really matters in the end.

I don’t know about you guys but I always lose a little when I go to wallet and then out. Plus since most of us are wanting to be quick quick the extra steps make me more anxious something will go awry.

but if you just send from coinbase to your own external wallet and send to vendor from there then they don't need to know anything about the secondary send from wallet to vendor. and they aren't saying they do. i don't know which is better between coinbase or cash app, both seem like they require all of your information in order to use them. not sure it really matters in the end.
I guess the concern would be backtracking from vendors that might be on watch lists. Some vendors, for some reason, don't generate a new public addresses for their crypto for each transaction. It's the same addy in their menu for everyone. LE just has to see what addresses are sending coin there. If any of those addresses cross checks with Coinbase's new info then the identities are known to them.

I'm wondering if after moving it to a wallet from Coinbase, one could move it to another wallet or just another addresses within same wallet? 

Anyone here ever use Cash App and Coinbase(both) and compare the fees and other stuff?

I'm thinking about use one of those ATMs again. Haven't used one of those in 5 years. The upcharge was substantial. 

I haven't registered my Cash App yet. Downloaded for something else awhile ago, just didn't go farther. Any restrictions with cash app?

Last edited by a moderator:
EARLIER THIS YEAR:
I decided to FINALLY try crypto (in my 40s now)……. I grew up, lived, and worked in Silicon Valley my whole life! I’m still convinced that cryptocurrency is a pyramid scheme, okay?! In January, I finally downloaded Coinbase to buy & try BTC. I wanted to eventually donate to DBG. But when DBG went on vacation. So I never used my BTC & sold it back to Coinbase (at a loss).

THIS WEEK:
I finally found a DBG vendor, who offer a very particular product — that I HAD to buy (for non-personal, business endeavors) 😎
I transferred my $$$$ to BTC; and wired the BTC to the DBG vendor (via Coinbase).

THE VERY NEXT DAY:
Transaction went through. $$$ and BTC were transferred. And my vendor sent me a TN within 12hrs.

BUT Coinbase started blowing me up (with emails, texts, app notices) with super mixed messages:
- 1st: ACCOUNT CLOSURE
- Next: Under Review for up to 6 months
- then: 24hrs!!

- So I signed onto my iPhone app. Everything looked normal; but I couldn’t open any important windows. “24 hour hold” was most of my error messages 😡

- I then signed onto my laptop Coinbase. My only option (according to my laptop) — was to apply to a new BTC provider & transfer my remaining Coinbase BTC to my new provider wallet. [OR DONATE MY REMAINING BTC!!
🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽] … another mixed message

- So I called the customer service hotline. The automated system recognized by phone number; and basically tells me steps 1-4 to get my account back online [ID verification!!!]
- Technically Step 1 equals calling customer service. So steps 2-4: ID verification with customer service.

LIVE AGENT: “Escalated my case to upper management & my issues were recorded. But ZERO explanation given after 1hr! “All explanations will be given via email.” COINBASE phone agents are as useless as toe jam!!!!

- I am still waiting for their decision, to see if I can continue to use Coinbase (after 1 BTC transaction!!!) My 24hr Coinbase hold is over around 5AM California time.

Keep you all posted 🙏🏽

Attachments

• 5663346B-90F0-491C-8653-33E3429F6080.jpeg
    5663346B-90F0-491C-8653-33E3429F6080.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 9
EARLIER THIS YEAR:
I decided to FINALLY try crypto (in my 40s now)……. I grew up, lived, and worked in Silicon Valley my whole life! I’m still convinced that cryptocurrency is a pyramid scheme, okay?! In January, I finally downloaded Coinbase to buy & try BTC. I wanted to eventually donate to DBG. But when DBG went on vacation. So I never used my BTC & sold it back to Coinbase (at a loss).

THIS WEEK:
I finally found a DBG vendor, who offer a very particular product — that I HAD to buy (for non-personal, business endeavors) 😎
I transferred my $$$$ to BTC; and wired the BTC to the DBG vendor (via Coinbase).

THE VERY NEXT DAY:
Transaction went through. $$$ and BTC were transferred. And my vendor sent me a TN within 12hrs.

BUT Coinbase started blowing me up (with emails, texts, app notices) with super mixed messages:
- 1st: ACCOUNT CLOSURE
- Next: Under Review for up to 6 months
- then: 24hrs!!

- So I signed onto my iPhone app. Everything looked normal; but I couldn’t open any important windows. “24 hour hold” was most of my error messages 😡

- I then signed onto my laptop Coinbase. My only option (according to my laptop) — was to apply to a new BTC provider & transfer my remaining Coinbase BTC to my new provider wallet. [OR DONATE MY REMAINING BTC!!
🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽] … another mixed message

- So I called the customer service hotline. The automated system recognized by phone number; and basically tells me steps 1-4 to get my account back online [ID verification!!!]
- Technically Step 1 equals calling customer service. So steps 2-4: ID verification with customer service.

LIVE AGENT: “Escalated my case to upper management & my issues were recorded. But ZERO explanation given after 1hr! “All explanations will be given via email.” COINBASE phone agents are as useless as toe jam!!!!

- I am still waiting for their decision, to see if I can continue to use Coinbase (after 1 BTC transaction!!!) My 24hr Coinbase hold is over around 5AM California time.

Keep you all posted 🙏🏽

My COINBASE account is back is service!!

No idea what the hell they were looking for or investigating — for 1 week!

I did read an article explaining that it may have been a money consignment situation.

Because I AM new to COINBASE, technically — the owners were “fronting” me my BTC transfer (until our IDs + both banks approved our $$$)

I 1000% understand, but VERY VERY weird & annoying!!!! I had already given up & sign onto another platform (expecting the absolute worst)!!! I now have 2 platforms on my phone, just in case.

**To test if COINBASE was actually GTG, I tried to send DBG’s ADMIN $25 (as my 1st time donation) ……. AND IT WORKED!!! I am now am OPAL SPONSOR…..

God Bless!! 🫱🏾‍🫲🏼

“Sometimes, you just gotta pay what you owe.”

Attachments

• EE4C2AE4-72E2-4DC1-911F-9778CCB5689B.png
    EE4C2AE4-72E2-4DC1-911F-9778CCB5689B.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 5
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back