Coinstar

JillyQM

Has anyone used the Coinstar machines that say they handle bitcoin transactions? Will they work for donating to the forum?

Has anyone used the Coinstar machines that say they handle bitcoin transactions? Will they work for donating to the forum?
Like they say they will pay you out in bitcoin for your spare coins? Does it say if it takes a fee? That is interesting, I knew you could avoid their fees by getting gift cards and stuff but hadn't heard that they would pay in bitcoin.

Does it say if it takes a fee? That is interesting, I knew you could avoid their fees by getting gift cards and stuff but hadn't heard that they would pay in bitcoin.
i'm not sure if there's a fee, but they won't take your spare coins. You have to feed paper money into the machine. I don't think they even take credit or debit cards, though I don't know for certain. i will know the answer very soon

i'm not sure if there's a fee, but they won't take your spare coins. You have to feed paper money into the machine. I don't think they even take credit or debit cards, though I don't know for certain. i will know the answer very soon
Ahh, gotcha. I thought I finally found something to do with all of my spare change 😂

Hello JillyQM, and all Bitcoiniacs out there. I have used the fabulous COINSTAR machines many times. Yes they do require a fee for all transactions. Coinstar’s fee is currently set at 11.9 percent of the value of the cash you’re exchanging. That’s nearly $12 for every $100 in cash you feed to the machine. You’d have to guess how much change you have accumulated to calculate the Coinstar fee. If you think you have $500, for example, you’d need to hand over $55, leaving you with $445.

Only paper money is accepted in coinstar machines, and absolutely NO plastic cards of any kind are able to be used. So come to the machine with a pocket full of CASH! Hell, at this rate soon enough you will need a wheel barrow to carry all the cash you'll need to buy just 1 BTC!

All I really need from Bitcoin is a way to donate to this site, so it works for me. Once each year or so I'll have to hand over to them a bit of my hard-earned cash.

I use Coinstar & it's super easy which for me is saying something.  They do take a fee for me it's usually around $10 for a few hundred in BTC.  Then you just take the receipt & redeem it at Coinme your wallet.  Then you can send anywhere!  

But they just re-vamped their website so now I have to get back into the groove. LOL

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back