College Basketball

Denise

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Go Big Blue!!
University of Kentucky WILDCATS RULE!

/default_biggrin.png

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BASKETBALL SEASON! 

Yes, I'm baaaack!  And only 1 1/2 day recovery time.......not too bad (tho I wasn't saying that yesterday in bed all day......)

Denise you got the Wildcats right, only it's the wrong ones - the good ones are from Arizona. ha-ha

Don't jump college Football season however.

Denise you got the Wildcats right, only it's the wrong ones - the good ones are from Arizona. ha-ha

Don't jump college Football season however.
Sorry, Hypnotic, I don't do football much except the bowls games at end of season.

(My husband was the football lover, since he had a school scholarship - 

he could start defensive or offensive - he just wanted to hit guys and knock them down  LOL)

I'm a Cardinals baseball fan and like to attend games in person, but on TV they tend to put me to sleep LOL - unless it's a Playoff or Series game.  We used to take our sons to St. Louis couple times each summer just for the live games. Youngest son is a fanatic, can quote all their stats since he was about 10 yrs old.

Nothing is like an live game for fun (like doing "The Wave" at Rupp Arena - FUN!)

I will watch about any college basketball game - there are 2 teams I absolutely DESPISE and watch to root for their opposition.

But I won't reveal those teams out of respect for the misguided people who root for them.    /default_biggrin.png

Arizona Wildcats are ok in my book (not on my "Pure Hate" list  ha ha ha) 

But UK has THE best college coach!  Look at his recruits!  OMG

(I have a love/hate relationship with Louisville - Love it's in KY & has some good teams.

But Pitino leaving UK and eventually going to Louisville - not so good.   /default_angry.png

Good Riddance, anyway turncoat Rick! 

He couldn't stay away from Kentucky tho - with beautiful horses and fast women.....

uhhh, I mean beautiful women and fast horses   LOL

We've got Calipari now and I love his coaching style PLUS the way he teaches his players how to be decent MEN with values, not spoiled brats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Hypnotic, I don't do football much except the bowls games at end of season.

(My husband was the football lover, since he had a school scholarship - 

he could start defensive or offensive - he just wanted to hit guys and knock them down  LOL)

I'm a Cardinals baseball fan and like to attend games in person, but on TV they tend to put me to sleep LOL - unless it's a Playoff or Series game.  We used to take our sons to St. Louis couple times each summer just for the live games. Youngest son is a fanatic, can quote all their stats since he was about 10 yrs old.

Nothing is like an in-live game for fun (like doing "The Wave" at Rupp Arena - FUN!)

I will watch about any college basketball game - there are 2 teams I absolutely DESPISE and watch to root for their opposition.

But I won't reveal those teams out of respect for the misguided people who root for them.    /default_biggrin.png

Arizona Wildcats are ok in my book (not on my "Pure Hate" list  ha ha ha) 

But UK has THE best college coach!  Look at his recruits!  OMG

(I have a love/hate relationship with Louisville - Love it's in KY & has some good teams.

But Pitino leaving UK and eventually going to Louisville - not so good.   /default_angry.png

Good Riddance, anyway turncoat Rick! 

He couldn't stay away from Kentucky tho - with beautiful horses and fast women.....

uhhh, I mean beautiful women and fast horses   LOL

We've got Calipari now and I love his coaching style PLUS the way he teaches his players how to be decent MEN with values, not spoiled brats.
Nice rundown of your sports teams and enthusiasm for College Basketball. I bet it is fun living where you do. I was just teasing about my Wildcats.

Nice rundown of your sports teams and enthusiasm for College Basketball. I bet it is fun living where you do. I was just teasing about my Wildcats.
When my sons were all still at home, there would be 5 rooms in my house full of people screaming, groaning, cursing, cheering.........   /default_biggrin.png 

It echoed around the entire house.    (good times)  

University of Kentucky WILDCATS RULE!

/default_biggrin.png

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BASKETBALL SEASON! 

Yes, I'm baaaack!  And only 1 1/2 day recovery time.......not too bad (tho I wasn't saying that yesterday in bed all day......)
NO the REAL BIG BLUE - ELI, VICTOR (FINALLY), HAKEEM (if he doesn't inure his pointer finger pressing the blender or something)

altough your wildcats are like the miami heat of the ncaa...calipari has become king of the one and done and everyone knows and accepts it.  quite the stepping stone

Jewy, if you want to move this conversation to another thread, that's fine.  I'm just responding to:

NO the REAL BIG BLUE - ELI, VICTOR (FINALLY), HAKEEM (if he doesn't inure his pointer finger pressing the blender or something)

altough your wildcats are like the miami heat of the ncaa...calipari has become king of the one and done and everyone knows and accepts it.  quite the stepping stone
EXCUSE ME WHILE I DISAGREE........

PM me when you've watched college basketball for over 40 years and we'll talk.

As far as Calipari, he never had a college like UNIV of KY - MY ALMA MATER

Look at the teams Calipari won his other championships with........now look what he has the potential to do - if you deny he's the best recruiting coach right now in basketball, you will look foolish.

There WILL BE other NCAA Championships for UK - with or w/o Calipari.  I just like him.  Like I used to like Rick Pitino when he coached there.

(BTW my 2nd favorite college basketball coach is Univ of Florida coach BILLY DONOVAN

I don't have to put down other people's coaches/teams to feel good about mine.)

Calipari and Donovan play MY kind of basketball - fast break, run and gun, kill the opposition with in-your-face defense which will create offensive opportunities, make your free throws; I like full court presses to pressure the enemy, too.     (Donovan learned from Pitino)

When I was 40 (I'm female) I could steal the ball from 20-21 yr old young (astonished) men playing round ball   (granted I couldn't do the full court anymore  LOL) 

I always had quick hands & reflexes. I was on my school's championship volleyball team cuz 'in the old days'  they didn't let girls have much fun.   Nowadays, girls have it made who want to pursue sports.

THE REAL BIG BLUE:

The Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team representing the University of Kentucky has both the most all-time wins (2111) and the highest all-time winning percentage in the history of college basketball (.762)

Kentucky's all-time record currently stands at 2111–661.

Kentucky also leads all schools in total NCAA tournament appearances with 52,

is first in NCAA tournament wins with 111,

and ranks second to UCLA in NCAA championships with total of 8

(UCLA - 12)

In addition to these titles, Kentucky also has won the National Invitation Tournament (NIT) in both 1946 and 1976, making them the only school to win multiple NCAA and NIT championships.

The Wildcats have played in a record 52 NCAA Tournaments,

in a record 157 NCAA Tournament games,

have a NCAA record 39 Sweet-16 appearances,

a NCAA record 34 Elite-8 appearances,

and have a NCAA record 61 total post-season tournament appearances (NCAA and NIT).

Further, Kentucky has played in 15 Final Fours,

and has 11 NCAA Championship Game appearances,

winning 8 NCAA Championships.

Kentucky also leads all schools with 57  20-win seasons,

13  30-win seasons,

and is the only school with 5 different NCAA Championship coaches (Rupp, Hall, Pitino, Smith, Calipari)

Too many individual player achievement records have been set by UK players to even list here.

The Wildcats have had 22 coaches in their 110-year history.

To date, 6 Wildcat coaches have won the National Coach of the Year award.

THE GREAT BIG BLUE

WILL OUTLIVE ANY COACH, ANY PLAYER, ANY FAN

AND ALL CRITICS!

Yeah, I'll probably find a good home for this discussion in the Off Topic area. And in the mean time, all I can say is, I'm an Indiana grad, undergrad and JD, so Big Blue Nation and Coach Calimari can, uh, well, you know!  /default_laugh.png

Yeah, I'll probably find a good home for this discussion in the Off Topic area. And in the mean time, all I can say is, I'm an Indiana grad, undergrad and JD, so Big Blue Nation and Coach Calimari can, uh, well, you know!  /default_laugh.png
Aw, Jewy, say it ain't so.   Sorry for you!   /default_biggrin.png

Knight ever throw any chairs that hit you?   LOL

Man, I know a BUNCH of Hoosier jokes........but best we not open that can of worms.

ha ha ha ha

Aw, Jewy, say it ain't so.   Sorry for you!   /default_biggrin.png

Knight ever throw any chairs that hit you?   LOL
Who Who Who Hoosiers baby! Actually, lived in B-Town for almost 10 years after finishing school, and lived around the corner from Coach Knight. I've got some great stories, let me tell ya, LOL!

307x736.jpg

Just thought I'd create a new home for the college basketball discussions that crop up on various threads from time to time.

I bet you do   ROTF LMAO

Poor quality video - but Coach Knight is CHOKING his own player (Neil Reed) at full court.

FOUL!  .......or TECHNICAL!  

(Hey, Ref, this guy is killing me and no calls?)

DAMN, I LOVE BASKETBALL!

I felt terrible this morning and just talking about basketball has me all revved up now!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back