Conor Mcgregor v Floyd Mayweather

Hammerblow

Spammers
I've been reading from various sources that they are trying to make this fight happen even mcgregor is tweeting about it. Personally I think it's an abomination and has nothing to do with either sports a terrible advertisement for them if it does... It's all about the money obviously. However you do you think would win if it goes ahead?

It would be a boxing match remember with boxing rules so no mma techniques like grappling, kicks, submissions etc.

Me; Floyd Mayweather 

Even at 39 Floyd wins this! As good a striker Conor is and at 27 Floyd would still toy with him wear him down and put him flat on his back for fun. How can you see past arguably the best p4p boxer ever against a mixed martial artist who can't use 80% of what he's learnt.

what do you think? As much as I meant what I said there's absolutely no danger I would be watching it and I'd hate myself for it!  :unsure:

They did a match, seems like last year, with MMA rules.  Not headliner names, but both seasoned pros in MMA and boxing.   It's just a money idea.  If you keep MMA rules, as in the one I remember, the MMA guy wins.  All he has to do is dodge a  punch or so coming in, takedown, submission.  If it's boxing rules the boxer wins.  It's a Hammer says, you can't take away the better part of a MMA fighter's moves and abilities and expect themto beat a pro boxer of equal--or even lesser--caliber. 

I remember they had Ali fight an oriental martial arts guy one time.  The guy just laid on his back and used his legs to keep Ali from coming in.  i don't think he ever stood up. 

It''s like a duel with saber and pistol, place the wrong weapon in either combatants hand and the outcome is predictable.  Not a real contest.  Neither is the proposed "boxing" match.  Don't line their pockets. 

SheratonG

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, whichever sport's rules are in play; that opponent wins. I don't give MacGregor a chance in a boxing match.

I don't think it should even happen. Don't these guys have enough money without having to stoop to putting on a "spectacle"?

I don't know where to put this:

Can you imbed short Utube videos in the Sports threads? Or maybe just the urls? Is it allowed, or possibly technically? thanks

I watched a video of mcgregor sparring and he was taking punches left, right and centre. It would be sad to watch unless it'll be more wwe rules aka staged.  You could put bas rutten in his prime who imo is the best striker in mma history and Floyd would still make it look easy. 

It would be better if maywether fought gennady golovkin if he wants to reach 50 wins. GGG has the tools the ko money. The mcgregor fight is a complete miss match even though most of his fight are stand up knock outs.  

I think Floyd would dodge that fight all day long. There's not another fighter on the planet who could put the 49-0 record at risk as much as GGG. He is everything Floyd doesn't want to fight. Shit son I'd love to watch it but it ain't going to happen that boy is ferocious.

I think Floyd would dodge that fight all day long. There's not another fighter on the planet who could put the 49-0 record at risk as much as GGG. He is everything Floyd doesn't want to fight. Shit son I'd love to watch it but it ain't going to happen that boy is ferocious.
I wouldn't think any less of mayweather if he doesn't fight Gennady. He has beat all the best fighters in different weights. But if he wants an easy win to get to 50 and fight mcgregor then that might take the gloss off of the 50-0  If he really wants to be the only fighter with 50 wins he need to fight GGG. 

Everyone said the pacman fight would  never happen but it did. It could be the best fight of the century.    

I wouldn't think any less of mayweather if he doesn't fight Gennady. He has beat all the best fighters in different weights. But if he wants an easy win to get to 50 and fight mcgregor then that might take the gloss off of the 50-0  If he really wants to be the only fighter with 50 wins he need to fight GGG. 

Everyone said the pacman fight would  never happen but it did. It could be the best fight of the century.    
I'm sure you meant to say Mayweather would be the only undefeated champion with at least 50 wins. Many boxers have had 50 wins but not undefeated. Julio Caesar Chavez had over 90 wins until he finally lost one lol. Not taking Anything away from Mayweather but most of the past champions kept fighting for money so they did not end up undefeated. The money was not the same back then. And you fought who they told you. Now boxers and or their managers protect their fighters. Nothing wrong with that. Just keeping it in context. I think sugar Ray Robinson was fought like 90 times also and maybe was undefeated for most of that record. So if he was 51 -0. Then lost on his 5 2nd fight, would that make him a more inferior fighter than a 49- 0 record holder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also want to say that I agree with what most are saying Floyd would whoop McGregor in boxing match. No contest. And of course McGregor would do the same in a MMA style fight.

I'm sure you meant to say Mayweather would be the only undefeated champion with at least 50 wins. Many boxers have had 50 wins but not undefeated. Julio Caesar Chavez had over 90 wins until he finally lost one lol. Not taking Anything away from Mayweather but most of the past champions kept fighting for money so they did not end up undefeated. The money was not the same back then. And you fought who they told you. Now boxers and or their managers protect their fighters. Nothing wrong with that. Just keeping it in context. I think sugar Ray Robinson was fought like 90 times also and maybe was undefeated for most of that record. So if he was 51 -0. Then lost on his 5 2nd fight, would that make him a more inferior fighter than a 49- 0 record holder?
I'm sure that is what I said mayweather will be 50/0.   

The 51/52 fight thing is subjective, different times, rounds  etc  

i dont see how mayweather wins this fight i believe mcgregor is going to make him look bad he hits so hard that i dont see mayweather standing a chance

i dont see how mayweather wins this fight i believe mcgregor is going to make him look bad he hits so hard that i dont see mayweather standing a chance
Dezam, unfortunately McGregor is not used to fighting with the size gloves that will be used in this match. The xtra weight will effect speed and power. Do not under estimate that point. In addition, Mayweather's dad and uncle were both professional boxers. Well what does that have to do with anything you may ask. It means that Mayweather has been learning how to box since he could walk. These fighters are meeting in a boxing ring not in an octagon. Don't lose your money on McGregor. Friendly advise. Yes anything can happen but smart money should be on Mayweather.

Dezam, unfortunately McGregor is not used to fighting with the size gloves that will be used in this match. The xtra weight will effect speed and power. Do not under estimate that point. In addition, Mayweather's dad and uncle were both professional boxers. Well what does that have to do with anything you may ask. It means that Mayweather has been learning how to box since he could walk. These fighters are meeting in a boxing ring not in an octagon. Don't lose your money on McGregor. Friendly advise. Yes anything can happen but smart money should be on Mayweather.
thats what i love about sports everyone has an opinion and i love to debate but one thing is for sure it is a must watch 

thats what i love about sports everyone has an opinion and i love to debate but one thing is for sure it is a must watch 
on another note this will be the first time i have payed for a ppv in many years as i dont want to deal with the buffering of the bogus websites and i wont bet on the fight i rarely gamble =)

I don't see this fight lasting more than 1-2 rounds. I guess I will waste $99 to see what happens. Did I hear that there will be a MMA rematch between these 2?

msudawg2002

I don't see this fight lasting more than 1-2 rounds. I guess I will waste $99 to see what happens. Did I hear that there will be a MMA rematch between these 2?

msudawg2002
So who do you think wins? And there is no way in hell Mayweather steps in an octagon but who can blame him.

I agree, whichever sport's rules are in play; that opponent wins. I don't give MacGregor a chance in a boxing match.

I don't think it should even happen. Don't these guys have enough money without having to stoop to putting on a "spectacle"?
IF Mayweather doesn't knock McGregor out in the First round, then i think it's Conor's fight.

Mayweather is a Tiny guy, and is only taking this fight to pay the IRS bill he has..  :482_police_car:

That's my 2 cents worth, and Someone will need one of these = :483_ambulance:     LOL

Regards,  T

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back