Crappie Fishing!

BigAl74

Hello again everybody! My name is Al, or BigAl. Just wanted to find out if there are any other DBG members who love Crappie Fishing as much as I do. I live about 200 yards from the shore of, what I believe to be, one of the best lakes in Texas for White, and Black Crappie Fishing. Any of you ever hear of a lake in East Texas called "Cedar Creek"? My personal best White Crappie that I've caught from Cedar Creek Lake is 2.45#. I've caught more Crappie out of this lake than any other North/East Texas Lake. A couple of years ago I was taught a "new-to-me" method used for catching Crappie... it's called "dock-shooting". Using ultra-lite gear, and hi-vis fishing line you use your rod like a bow-and-arrow. You grab your jig, pull back, aim and "shoot" your jig (parallel to the water surface) as far back under the boat docks with the darkest shade. Close your bail and watch your hi-vis line very closely. Most of the time you never "feel" a Crappie bite. You just close your bail and let the jig sink into that nice shaded area under a dock that has at least 8' of water underneath it. Let your jig sink and watch for that line to twitch. As soon as you see that line twitch.... SET THE HOOK! If you actually hook a crappie don't waste time trying to play him out, just reel! If you try to play it out, 9 times out of 10 that Crappie's going to wrap you around one, or more of the dock posts. Get that Crappie in the boat, measure, and toss him in your live well and aim for the exact same spot under that dock. In my personal experience, I've caught as many as 32 fish by aiming at the exact same spot under a dock. This dock was 18' deep and the deep-side, and 7' deep where the walkway ended, and the boat slips began. So, underneath this particular dock there was an 11' drop-off within about 10' of dock. No brush under this dock, (which Crappie usually LOVE hanging out in brush), just ALOT of deep, dark shade under it. Contrary to popular belief that brushpiles are a Crappie's favorite hangout, I believe that a Crappie's favorite hang out is anywhere that has the darkest shade, a pretty steep drop-off, with deep water nearby (at least 25' deep water within 75-100 yards). Anyway, I believe that once you try this method of Crappie fishing, you will be hooked just like I was. It is, by far, the most fun, and most interesting method out there used for catching 2# plus White, and Black Crappie! If anyone actually reads this, and want to know more about Dock-Shooting just let me know! I will be more than happy to answer any questions about this subject! Also, if you did happen to make it this far into reading this post.... THANK YOU!!! Be cool, and stay safe folks!!!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back