Customs, Green Tape

dorkface

I got an envelope from my vendor that was sealed with green custom's tape. In it was a letter that said, essentially, it had contained controlled substances, but that they took them. If I do nothing, they will do nothing (but toss them in 30 days) but that if found trying to import in the future I may face personal prosecution or criminal charges.

How worried should I be?

Thanks.

I got an envelope from my vendor that was sealed with green custom's tape. In it was a letter that said, essentially, it had contained controlled substances, but that they took them. If I do nothing, they will do nothing (but toss them in 30 days) but that if found trying to import in the future I may face personal prosecution or criminal charges.

How worried should I be?

Thanks.
Not very.  These messages from customs are considered Love Letters or LL's.  In essence, we are notified that are shipment was seized.  It is recommended that you notify the vendor that you received an LL for a few reasons.  One being to let them know that their packaging might not be good enough to get across the border.  The other is so that they may reship the item free of charge.  So don't worry, nobody's going to be knocking at your door.  The majority of us who shop overseas get these letters from time to time.  They're a real bummer, but besides that, they're not even worth the paper they are printed on.

Oh, that's what y'all mean by love letters! Still getting used to the lingo around here. Thanks very much.

Not very.  These messages from customs are considered Love Letters or LL's.  In essence, we are notified that are shipment was seized.  It is recommended that you notify the vendor that you received an LL for a few reasons.  One being to let them know that their packaging might not be good enough to get across the border.  The other is so that they may reship the item free of charge.  So don't worry, nobody's going to be knocking at your door.  The majority of us who shop overseas get these letters from time to time.  They're a real bummer, but besides that, they're not even worth the paper they are printed on.
You pinned that tail on the donkey!

this surely eases the minds of me and my loved ones /default_smile.png I'm still in the browsing phase. thanks for the info guys

Just remember what you're ordering. Some items have more serious consequences if you're caught. Read as much as you can.

There are some precautions that can be taken to lessen the risks but some risk is always there. If you feel that you are not willing to take the chance then don't.

Luck has a lot to do with this among other factors. Again read more here and try to see how everything fits together. Lots of moving pieces and you just gotta know how to move around to best protect yourself.

If you get an item with green tape but all was accounted for, do you think that means they really didn't inspect it? Or just looked the other way? Happened to me recently as well.

I had that happen years ago and just assumed it was because it was  non scheduled.

I'm reading about gov. forfeitures and there are several pages like this:

Seized on 06/25/2013; At the port of NEW YORK CITY, NY; COUNTERFEIT TOM &

JERRY COLORING BOOK; Valued at $0.00; For violation of 19USC1526(E), 18USC2323, 18USC2320

pages of counterfeit coloring books... I couldn't believe my eyes.  Lots of cuban cigars and clothes and very little of what we concern ourselves with here.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon:
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  4. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  6. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  7. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  9. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  10. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  11. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  12. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  13. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  14. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  15. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  16. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  18. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  19. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  20. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
Back