Do you know anything about psych meds, dopamine, and kratom?

deadly

I've been using kratom on and off for about three years, this is my third and final time kicking. The second time I kicked, I noticed my stimulant medication which I take for a sleep disorder stopped working. It wasn't until a week after kicking that my meds started to work again. 

Yesterday was my first 24 hours without kratom, my stims were working ok, until I got my hands on xanax. I took about six pills throughout the day. 

I woke up this morning and my stimulants are barely taking the fog out of my eyes, where on a normal drug free day I'd be great. 

Should I stay away from any psychotropic meds until the kratom is completely out of my brain for a few weeks? I don't want to fuck up my meds. 

My first problem with stims not working is when I was taking abilify, which will block stimulants to an extent for years, then bam, abilify makes stims stop working all out. So I stopped. The only rx meds I'm on now is Vyv 2x daily and xnx prn. 

I even noticed that dopamine replenishing supplements will keep my stims from working. 

Any advice for this noob? It's so hard to function without my stims. I def. don't think I have a tolerance, I think substances are inhibiting the stims function. I'm def. staying away from anything psychoactive for a bit and then I'll experiment a little once my neurotransmitters are at a decent function. 

Anyway to speed this along holistically without resorting to anything that messes with my brain chemicals? 

Thanks so much!!! 

I look forward to being off kratom, it's expensive and I would rather buy expensive makeup. The worst part is that I do get depressed a week after the acute withdrawal and makes me want to start again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an old topic and I'm sad nobody answered it as I am curious myself. 

My ADHD medication also seems to have crapped out since I started doing kratom. I also take a benzo in addition to addies and neither one feels the same as it did pre kratom. I think it definitely hijacks all the dopamine and lowers the effectiveness of other meds. 

Also, I hope you were able to quit successfully! I got a weak batch this week and it a) has made mg meds work better and b. ) has made me realize that I don't wanna do it anymore. I agree, buying makeup is waaaaay better 

All I can say is that there are 30 some active alkaloids in kratom, meaning it does a whole bunch of things some of which you might not want. I've found it can be very hit or miss mixing kratom with other meds and it's probably best to avoid mixing it. I try to keep it to get through days when I'm not using different stuff. It does wk ok with trams, which is my main problem, but I've seen problems with other meds including mod@finil which is a stimulant that affect domamine levels (one of the cases of someone ODing from kratom was a person who mixed it with mod@finil).

What does Kratom do? I seen this in a smoke shop the other day. The guy didn't have much info on it except that it can help pain a little and it was all natural.

What does Kratom do? I seen this in a smoke shop the other day. The guy didn't have much info on it except that it can help pain a little and it was all natural.
We have much info on it here, but a quick Web search will give you a fair amount of info. Different strains give different effects.

kratom has been a life saver for me and I will do xanz and brazillian marching powder and I have not noticed any effects on my dopamine or anything else as far as the way I feel there is not much info out there on people mixing it make try ewroid

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back