Donations

a360

Hi All

ive been here for a while and find this site really useful.

However, ive raised the question regarding donating, I have not got a clue about bit coin, I have tried to exchange some but failed.

can anyone help regarding the easy way from the UK?

Thanks in advance.

A

I am trying to help the US members, but I am not at all familiar with anywhere else. I think it's the same process with some different exchanges. Let's tag @PTFC and he should be able to assist you when he's back from vacation. Thanks for your interest in donating.

Thanks 2Earls, Im still getting to grips with it all, at the time I tried, bc was half the price of today, just to make it worse

All the best 

I hear it's predicted to keep going up so that aspect probably won't improve. 

Do you have your wallet? That is the first step. Then it's just buying some and putting them in there. I'm sure we have some information on the bitcoin threads as to where you can purchase them. I think coinbase is worldwide, although I was just told that there are European exchanges with lower fees. I guess it depends on how much time you want to dedicate to finding the best place to buy from and if you will be using them for other things besides donating to DBG.

Thanks 2Earls, Im still getting to grips with it all, at the time I tried, bc was half the price of today, just to make it worse

All the best 
Hi @a360, I use bitbargaindotcodotuk to purchase the amount I need, or a little more. It is very volatile anyway, but as @2earls, says, it's predicted to keep rising and has been for some time. I have a free electrum wallet, and whatever I purchase from bitbargain I transfer to my electrum wallet, then mske purchases or payments with the electrum wallet. It's a simple copy/paste to send the currency over. If you want more detail I'll give you a PM and take you through it step by step. 

I hear it's predicted to keep going up so that aspect probably won't improve. 

Do you have your wallet? That is the first step. Then it's just buying some and putting them in there. I'm sure we have some information on the bitcoin threads as to where you can purchase them. I think coinbase is worldwide, although I was just told that there are European exchanges with lower fees. I guess it depends on how much time you want to dedicate to finding the best place to buy from and if you will be using them for other things besides donating to DBG.

Hi @a360, I use bitbargaindotcodotuk to purchase the amount I need, or a little more. It is very volatile anyway, but as @2earls, says, it's predicted to keep rising and has been for some time. I have a free electrum wallet, and whatever I purchase from bitbargain I transfer to my electrum wallet, then mske purchases or payments with the electrum wallet. It's a simple copy/paste to send the currency over. If you want more detail I'll give you a PM and take you through it step by step. 
Thanks guys, I'm on the case now. Thanks PTFC, I just couldn't find any Brit broker without too much messing about. thank you both and happy Christmas!

Hi @PTFC tried the recommend ones you gave me, they said no trading until Jan. I tried a debit card to bc but they said the same, I think its volatility is causing it, plus the back log of transactions. PTFC, do you reckon I'm not just getting it? I thought I was clued up to this kind of thing, but I'm now having doubts about my ability lol!

@PTFC , do you know any alternatives or show me the correct way, I think ive registered on 5 bc sites now, ive got my wallet set up at your recommended one above .

Anyway I know you must have better things to do this time of year, so if you could help when you get a bit of time, id appreciate that .

all the best A

Me too! Definitely need help...been trying to donate since October!

Thanks, Nitetrain 

I tried to send a @Admin a message..but I cannot reply to sticky notes.  I wanted to ask if I donate (which I don't really trust bitcoin either) to open up other threads if it would be beneficial to me.  I only need a merchant for a spa relaxation session.  But I cannot reply to sticky notes....sadly.

sWB1OG2jT1mDldXqBkAV3Q.jpg

You really do not see left under that small black arrow to replay ???

Than you expect that i go answer you if you make a donation that you would find a thread that benefit you, if you not can make a donation to support this site and only will make a donation if it benefit you i think its better not to make a donation and find a other forum for  your many questions.

En now i need also a merchant for a spa relaxation session sadly.....

Last edited:
Hi @PTFC tried the recommend ones you gave me, they said no trading until Jan. I tried a debit card to bc but they said the same, I think its volatility is causing it, plus the back log of transactions. PTFC, do you reckon I'm not just getting it? I thought I was clued up to this kind of thing, but I'm now having doubts about my ability lol!

@PTFC , do you know any alternatives or show me the correct way, I think ive registered on 5 bc sites now, ive got my wallet set up at your recommended one above .

Anyway I know you must have better things to do this time of year, so if you could help when you get a bit of time, id appreciate that .

all the best A
Hi @a360, I know electrum is back online, you will be good to purchase x amount of bitcoin from the site you are registered with, then send it over to your electrum wallet once they hit your bitbargain wallet, transactions take very little time at all. Once you have moved them over to electrum, then spend them on what you need, donation etc. Gimme a shout if any issues though. For the record, I think you ARE getting it, it's just been mayhem with exchanges /wallets denying service recently.Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I've been under the weather. 😞

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers @PTFC,  Thanks for that, il sort it now, I've  had this flu since xmas so ive not been active much. Anyway, all the best to you, hope you've picked up now.

@PTFC @Admin @2earls re the transfer from CB, they don't  recognise any addresses/codes from electrum. I don't want to just send it direct to you as per your instructions, gonna try another wallet . jeezus, this is the most ridiculous procedure ive ever done. talk about make hard work of something so simple. once the the banking system get hold of this, it will be toast. I make at least 20 swift/iban transactions a week, but this takes the biscuit. in essence, it doesn't recognise my electrum generated codes. Do I have to register electrum addresses/codes before hand.

sorry if I sound thick as two short planks, but I'm ready to smash the laptop up!

Cheers in advance for your patience 

I don't know what the problem is. I don't have any problems sending from coinbase to electrum and I am not an expert on this by any means. So forgive me if I also sound thick but you are saying that cb doesn't recognize your electrum wallet # when you try to transfer the funds between the two? 

You can always request a pm if need be.

It's as easy copy/pasting your electrum wallet address. Which is where many folk do make a mistake, because there are "copy" and "paste" buttons on the pages with wallets addresses, both on sending and receiving pages. I'd copy the receiving wallet from the electrum receive page into the CB one, and thst should really be as easy as that. I'm no expert either, but it only took a few days of research,  I find the particular wallet I use the most over complicated part on desktop. Though if you have android, electrum have an app where you can set up a wallet, or by using your seed words you got when you set up your original electrum wallet, set up the original wallet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have not used crypto since the silk road days it  seems more complex than I remember is there any alternatives to crypto? (cash app, Venmo, money order, etc) if not I suppose it's time for me to learn again

I wish there was, but due to the nature of our forum it's difficult to find anything else that will work for us.

If you or any member would like to hear my simplified directions then give me a notification with the @2earls in your post and I will try to help. It's not terribly complicated, it just takes a bit of a time commitment to get a private wallet and then set up an account with an exchange to purchase from. 

I made a donation (20.00), sent a pm to admins, how long should it take to get access to forums?

I've had trouble getting my bitcoins out of Coinbase for months. I haven't been able to transfer to my wallet because my iPhone will not upgrade to iOS 10.  There is no way to navigate a wallet transfer to donate. So I'm f***ed. Not everyone can afford a laptop or desktop. My hard rive was fried by lightning. Anyone know how to donate with this situation?

Cheers

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back