Echinacea - Nature's Gift To Us

Denise

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
i am posting this because I have seen first hand how Echinacea worked with me. I was sick and this, along with Vitamins C & D really helped me recover faster.  I could feel it. Even more, I watched the effects in very small doses on several sick feral cats who would come to my back yard for left-out food, but not let me near them.
Several of these feral cats were sick with either respiratory infections (with wheezing respirations) or eye infections (with thick pus drainage) or both. Sometimes wounds from perhaps a hostile encounter with another animal.

Canned food twice a day, ensuring the sick cats received the Echinacea and ate that food, small pinches of Echinacea (purchased in capsules and opened to release only a pinch of its contents to mix in the food.

You could see an immediate response, sometimes slower one, but ALWAYS a positive effect on the animal.  
I believe Echinacea is a gift for us - a natural antibiotic and immune system enhancer.
If doses are too large, serious side effects can occur, so with this one.....moderation, or even frugalty, is recommended.
I'd base size of 'pinch' on size and weight of the cat, too.  These were feral cats who feared humans for the most part.
I will mention here "Orange" - an awesome orange cat that would take on two dobermans (and did) to protect the female cats and kittens.  Luckily, we arrived in time - with darts when the dogs made to attack us.  They left faster than they intended.   (I've always been a dog owner - that comes with responsibility to ensure your animal doesn't harm others.)

ECHINACEA

EXCERPTS:

"Echinacea is one of the most popular herbs in America today. This Native American medicinal plant called echinacea is  named for the prickly scales in its large conical seed head, which resembles the spines of an angry hedgehog (echinos is Greek for hedgehog).

"Archaeologists have found evidence that Native Americans may have used echinacea for more than 400 years to treat infections and wounds and as a general "cure-all." Throughout history people have used echinacea to treat scarlet fever, syphilis, malaria, blood poisoning, and diphtheria. Although this herb was popular during the 18th and 19th centuries, its use began to decline in the United States after the introduction of antibiotics. Echinacea preparations became increasingly popular in Germany throughout the 20th century. In fact, most of the scientific research on echinacea has been conducted in Germany.

"Today, people use echinacea to shorten the duration of the common cold and flu and reduce symptoms, such as sore throat (pharyngitis), cough, and fever. Many herbalists also recommend echinacea to help boost the immune system and help the body fight infections."

Source: Echinacea | University of Maryland Medical Center

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/echinacea#ixzz2XkWkt7lI
University of Maryland Medical Center

----------------------------

General Uses

Several laboratory and animal studies suggest that echinacea contains active substances that enhance the activity of the immune system, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and have hormonal, antiviral, and antioxidant effects. For this reason, professional herbalists may recommend echinacea to treat urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast (candida) infections, ear infections (also known as otitis media), athlete's foot, sinusitis, hay fever (also called allergic rhinitis), as well as slow-healing wounds. One study even suggests that echinacea extract exerted an antiviral action on the development of recurrent cold sores triggered by the herpes simplex virus (HSVI) when supplied prior to infection.

Source: Echinacea | University of Maryland Medical Center

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/echinacea#ixzz2XkXmsruk
University of Maryland Medical Center

GO TO LINK BELOW TO READ ABOUT DOSAGES, HOW TO USE ECHINACEA FOR THE COMMON COLD AND INFECTIONS, TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM, IMPORTANT SIDE EFFECTS TO KNOW, AND INFORMATION SUCH AS WHERE ECHINACEA COMES FROM, etc.........

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/echinacea

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, informative post Denise! Unfortunately, I got stuck at "thick puss drainage", LOL. Next time, could you try and include "festering" for me as well? I try and look for opportunities to work "festering" into casual conversation, but I never seem to have much luck. It seems to me that "festering" and "thick puss drainage" go together like peas and carrots, so just something to keep in mind for next time!  /default_laugh.png

Oh yes, and your PM was received. I'll have a reply with feedback for you later this evening.....

The Wookie

Well, I was just trying to emphasize the severity some of these cats were experiencing.

Wheezing is not a good way to breathe and as for Uncle Fester  LOL

It's a nurse thing - either you can eat and talk about the grossest things in the world, or go home

(in middle school my bff and I ruled at playing gross - ROTFL  We were baaad! )

I made a couple of girls in my nursing class sick to their stomachs whispering about B-B-Q ribs for lunch during surgery  HA HA HA HA

But most people loved the twisted sickness of my humor      mwa ha ha ha  *cough* cough*     LOL

You crack me up.  I had to go the bathroom.   /default_tongue.png

It's nice to meet someone else who understands "when the going gets strange, the weird turn pro"    heh

Have a look at Wild oil of oregano too. I use it religiously. Incredible antibiotic and antiviral properties 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back