European Doctor Shopping

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

So who's done the Inter-Rail thing or tthe cheap coaches, and found the very best places for considerable opportunities for doctor shopping, and, in some countries, particularly in Eastern and Southern Europe, 'dodgy' pharmacy shopping? I'm talking benzos and opioids here. I have written elsewhere that the Serbs have largely replaced methadone maintenance with the new Janssen 24-hour release hydromorphone, with great success. So there's a good starting point, especially since it's well known that Bensedin, Ksalol, Flormidal & Rivotril, the Galenika brands, can be had under more counters there than any other place in Europe. And at the equivalent of about £1 you can buy a box of 30 x Ksalol, slightly more for Bennies. Galenika's Roche-licenced Rivotril, for those who use it, is better than the Roche original, too.

The Low countries have the greatest selection of benzos - you can buy over 30 of the 43 in Belgium, some at very cheap prices, some, like lormetazepam and 40mg prazepam, Lysanxia brand, less so; but where else can you get Akton 2mg cloxazolam, six different 2mg flunitrazepams, all less than €5/30, and Seconal sidium, in powders, for €6.95 per 100 wraps? The hydromorphone is cheap compared, €20 per box of 2.6mg branded Palladone. Wgich reminds me, nobody ever answered my question about exactly why the USA took the SR version of Palladone off the market, and I found no reference in numerous Googlings.

Anyway, anybody who can suggest an itinerary which includes these countries, plus France for 15mg Nordaz, and Germany for 10mg Dicodid, please use this topic to give us an idea of your experiences, the best places, the worst, the most expensive, and the ones where doctor consultations are ridiculously expensive or the other way round (I think Romania is so easy that you could probably mail home several thousand Terapia, Rudotel, and the vry goo generics by LaborMed and Gedeon Richter's Romanian arm, which I know is where the company makes its nitrazepam. Ah, but as I've said, the ONLY brand of that I ever felt at all was the Bosnian Nipam brand.

Doesn't have to be a huge journey, just good places for benzos with no Rx, and cheap and generous docs willing to script the traveller 90 day supplies. I'm certain there's many here who'd love to know the best places to head. Since Belgium is so good, has best quality, and is where most journeys from the UK start, not to mention the amazing customer choice, let's start there; we need doctors who are cheap and willing to prescribe a good selection. Not easy there, but I'm sure simeone's found jyst the places.

Thanks guys and gals. Let's get the Pharma Tour on the go!

Hi Absorbaloff.

I am slightly suprized of your posting.

I concider your practical and theoretical knowledge huge, your way to formulate you literally precise and educated and never ever containing useles crap.

BUT, after living some years in Benelux (= Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg), a decade in Spain, a decade in Scandinavia, some years in France, Italy and Switzerland, I tought knowing something about doctor (shopping) in Europe.

By my experience, it´s over - long ago...

The doctors are less and less willing to write anything but some horrible liver destructing apap crap...

I know, there are exeptions in every country, but the covernament restrictions are cutting those few helping and human souls out, more or less.

Now I am not talking about refusing M script of an 20 years old hipster, but of a grown up patient with kilos of papers from different hospitals and doctors, all repeating the same diagnosis and the positive effect of opiates for to fight chronic pain.

Everything I can add to this string is, that in Spain, you get a script for codeine and sometimes they stamp it in pharnacy, sometimes they do not (just went trough my old travelling documents and found a spanish script with 18 ( !!!! ) stamps on it - all 20 pcs 50mg Perduretas De Codeina.

Some times they do even not require a script. The same may happend in Holland, but you will only get a small amount of 15 or 25 mg c-phosphate tablets. But defenetely not in downtown Amsterdam.

In Holland and some Scandinavian countries you get easily methadone, but again - you got to know wich doctor you ask - or to wich covernament clinic you should visit (in Holland, at least some years ago, you could be anonymous and get in to the program. In the few Scandinavian countries, where they still write out methadone your chances to get methadone will be strongly reduced, if you have a job, behave civilized, keep appointments and do not look as a homeles person (no joke, my old doctor allways told me that I will be thrown out of the program because I am too square and lacking the aspect of social disability - well... he was right.). The same story in many other countries.

Germany and France I have experienced very suspicious and restrictive attitude from the doctors side of desk, in Greece they threaten to call the law if I did not disapear inmediately, in Norway, Finland and Sweden they are looking at you as if you are mentally retarded if you ask something stronger than c-apap.

It really does not comfort me to know about all the great products, they have behind the counter in pharmacies, when the doctors treat a politely and modest behaving 60 years old academician the way I just have described.

Actually, I have had the best luck obtaining scripts for pain meds in UK. It has NOT been cheap, but yes, they do write (last time a couple of years ago).

I am extremely curious about the Balkan countries.

For many reasons...

I really wish, somebody with experience of the scene over there could write few enlightning words of Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Romania, Albania !

Cheers - TioMalo

PS. I have been missing your knowleging and witty postings, Absorbaloff !

^^ above confirmd.

Even in the "liberal" Netherlands where I live, a doc will prescribe you only Ibuprufen if you broke your arm. On some Erowid experiences I read that kids, when they got their teeth out, are prescirbed vicodin!!! Over here, that's impossible! You have you whole skull cracked up and get a 20/500 codeine/paracetamol if you keep conplaining that the ibuprufen isn't working for you.

So is the old days of shopping in the balkan/eastern European state's finished then??...

God there goes another dream!!!

To answer the one question as to why Palladone was taken off the market here in the US, it was because the time release mechanism would fail if it was taken with alcohol. There were a few deaths where people combined the two and the Palladone became immediate release, FDA immediately took it off the market. They were just looking to find a reason to after the Oxycontinue deal. The media said that the new Palladone was going to make the CC epidemic look like nothing, so when they had an opportunity to ban it, they did. I'm sure the fact that the Palladone mechanism was easily defeated aldo played a role because it was right around the tie that they wanted Purdue to make a better abuse proof OC and another brand of ER Hidromorf, Exalg came out.

I'm in ibiza justnow and can't get codeine otc eventually I got 15mg/30mg  paracetamol but it was a carry on!!!.

Z drugs are precipitation only also....

Peace 

Bliss. . . . . 

Did you see a doctor or just Pharmacia bliss? I was in the Canaries which is a little different, but if you see a doc, you will usually get what you need. Payment involved of course, it's part of the EU for some purposes, but not for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the pharmacies well 3 actually lol!.

I have my e1 11 health card with me but it run out over a yr and a bit ago (my bad).

But the pharmacist said if I go to San Antonio with my card I can get a script but I don't know with the card being run out?.

I may get a taxi there and bk and see which will cost abt £40 there and back but worth a punt?

Hope you enjoyed your hols PTFC  I've got just over 4 days left.BTW I know you can get dhc no probs in tenerife exuse the spelling doh!! Had a few San Miguels today..

Peace 

Bliss. ....

Yeah, tramz were no problems a few,years back too, dunno about now though. I go to one-of the quieter islands too. Hardly drank this year also.j Mostly because I couldn't be bothered, but didn't want to throw alcohol on top of benzzzzz either. 

Portugal and Spain are really nice destinations. Nice people, good food, weather - no need to complain about and,not forgetting it, liberal pharmacies. Really got place to live or spend some vacations!

Portugal and Spain are really nice destinations. Nice people, good food, weather - no need to complain about and,not forgetting it, liberal pharmacies. Really got place to live or spend some vacations!
@skschmidt: What is you intention in answering in lots of old threads within minutes? Does not make any sense to me.

Well honestly? I din´t even realised that this is a old threat. on the other hand i am reading throughout the forum to learn. and to finalise this post - what would be a forum with people that just read? well nothing - i am trying to share my thoughts... (And sorry - it is not minutes, as i am spending a bit more of my time her enow this evening in europe...)

Schon ok.

And you also need 20 posts to send DM... But I don't know if you will get an any anwsers if you only talk about holidays and hoverboards.

Schon ok.

And you also need 20 posts to send DM... But I don't know if you will get an any anwsers if you only talk about holidays and hoverboards.
Interesting for you saying this - with your 16th post being put here in this scenario, even more interesting for you being my follower?!?! Whatever...

Look, I am a member since 2013 and wrote 16 posts in this period of time. I was reading here in this time, this helped me a lot. Now, that things have become more complicated at the moment, I also became a bit more active here. The reason I follow you is because you are also from Europe and I am interested about experiences other people from europe make at the moment. There are not too many of them here, but a few trustworthy nice people which can be a help also for you.

@reisebus -> Nice to meet you! I here for the same reason - to get to know people, to share information/knowledge and to Learn. I did this this evening while listening to RM-PSG soccer game (still 0:0). I am starting to like this place.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back