Express Mail vs. Registered - question

tacogirl

Hello,

I need a package quickly. The guy I order from, he said for $58 he could send express. 5-6 days.

Then he emailed saying he preferred to send registered. I sent him the extra money, and

said Please Send Express. I need it fast. Well this morning he emailed and said he sent it

Registered because It's less likely to get seized by customs. He did Not send express after all.

I think Maybe he did not want to go to the extra trouble.

I'm not happy about this. IS there More of A chance With Customs of being Looked at??

I told him I'm not sure I will use him in the future.

Thanks much

He ripped you off big time on postage.  Registered mail is just 1stclass mail, only difference is they keep it in a locked bag or cage and somebody has to sign for it each time it changes hands.  It is the most secure way  of mailing things (registered USPS mail was used to mail the Hope Diamond to Washington DC to the New York Natural History Museum for $2.44).  So as you can see, there is very little chance of your item being misplaced or lost.  However, it is in essence simply first class mail, the cheapest way to send an item.  And also the slowest as somebody has to sign for the packages each time they change hands, slowing things down quite a bit.  I've gotten items sent Registered Mail from Europe and it took a little over 2 weeks, so it's not that bad.  I don't think it will help you get through customs any better than any other method of mailing.  I've used EMS and never had a problem.  I think customs just looks at what they are going to look at, not pick and choose by what type of postage was used.  Your guy just screwed you out of $50 and spent the other $8 on regular 1st class postage that you will have to sign for and will take longer to arrive.

Last edited:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back