Fed Ex may now be requiring Driver's License/ ID for Sending

rockytop

I went the other day to send an envelope FED EX and the clerk requested my driver's license (which has never happened).   When she checked it and saw the address was different than the return address on my envelope she asked if i had any other items with that return address on it to prove it's legit.  Well, i didn't as I only use it for occasional deliveries.  Plus the address on my license is old anyway.  I'm not sure if ALL Fed ex locations are doing this but she did say it was a policy change that went into effect this month.  So if you are using a PO box or other return address other than your primary/residential that is on your ID card or D.L. you may consider usps or ups for shipping (especially expedited like one or two day).   

.........To update, I heard from a buddy that his Fed Ex location that didn't check for D.L. since my beginning post.  So it may not be all locations, but he also pointed out with that Fed Ex package bomb a while back may be the reason they are now verifying return addresses to be safe.  But, i still don't like the idea of giving my ID for shipping in any circumstance.   Also, he mentioned that he's running into UPS now wanting to check packages to verify nothing dangerous (or WHATEVER) is contained in the box.  So times are changing.....

Last edited by a moderator:
.........To update, I heard from a buddy that his Fed Ex location that didn't check for D.L. since my beginning post.  So it may not be all locations, but he also pointed out with that Fed Ex package bomb a while back may be the reason they are now verifying return addresses to be safe.  But, i still don't like the idea of giving my ID for shipping in any circumstance.   Also, he mentioned that he's running into UPS now wanting to check packages to verify nothing dangerous (or WHATEVER) is contained in the box.  So times are changing.....
Check packages? As in opening them?? If so that may very well be the last nail in the coffin. 

Brown has already placed a temp policy in place as such. 

[SIZE=12pt]https://www.kvue.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=local&topic=austin-explosions&headline=ups-now-requires-customers-show-id-to-ship-or-drop-off-packages&contentId=269-531113007[/SIZE]

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back