First seizure

BBQLover

I was booked with zany 5 years ago when my grandma was dying. I was the only one in the area taking care of her and lived through the five days of the death breathing. Started out at 1 then later two then later three a day. Last year lost insurance and couldn't afford to see same doc. New doc said only 1 a day which resulted in contacting friends for a bit. Finally saw the wonderful NP there and she upped me to two a day. 

Lots of stress since I inherited the building she owned so I admit taking more when I felt a lot of stress with tenants and bills. Of course I would run out early and found this place but when you don't have the money there is nothing you can do. I'd say for a year I'd go 3 to 5 days without one. I don't sleep and I look like a strung out drug addict. Did it again about 2 weeks ago and my friend was coming over with some. I was waiting in the back and all I remember was her saying I'm calling 911. 

I just remember sitting on the back porch thinking why is she doing that? They came. I was confused as shit. Couldn't remember the day and just knew I was spacy. My ankle was bleeding and they wanted to take me but I refused. They even just wanted to treat my ankle right there but things were coming back and it's a small town and I just wanted them to leave since I knew one of them. After they left she came back with them but I was pissed. (I'm not anymore). I still didn't believe anything had happened until I woke up the next day. I had bit my lip so hard and every muscle in my body ached. 

Sorry this is so long but I finally have an appointment with a psychiatrist in two weeks. Do I tell the truth about the seizure? Will they just cut me off? I hate living this way. 

A seizure is a bad sign of anything bbq lover. It's a tough decision, and I don't live in the same country as you, but I would mention it. 

BBQ Lover. Please know one thing in that you are not alone on this site is the hate of constantly chasing, timing, take etc meds. It is pure shit and I also hate it. Please tell your doc immediately. They will not take you off, maybe a long taper or switch you to something else. Cutting you off could kill you which they will not ever risk.

Good luck and stay healthy.

Hey BBQlover, In response to your last sentence about whether you should tell your psychiatrist about it, I had something similar happen to me several years ago. I just started seeing this new psychiatrist that my friend referred me to because I wanted to get a script for @dder@l (apparently she was liberal in giving those scripts out). Anyway I went to see her and after I asked her for that med she gave me this quick multiple choice test, basically asking questions to see if you have symptoms of @dhd that might require that med). So it was pretty obvious which answers to choose in order to meet the critera. So after that she wrote me the script for 60 or 30 10mg  blue ones. I can't remember the quantity, but I guess they always start you out at the lowest and maybe you can increase the dosage as time goes on. But then this incident happened to me about a month or two later when I was on the way to her office to get a new script for refills. Now at the time I was going to get that, I was going through this nasty insomnia and hadn't slept for at least 3 nights. Also I had been taking Hidr0s which I got off the internet and also a few 20mg @ddys from friend. So on my way to her office I was feeling really tired and out of it, and this area I was in was sort of new to me so I had to take the bus to her office and In my decrepit state I think I got off at the wrong stop and then I was walking around the street trying to remember where her office was. Then I called her on my cell phone to ask her what street she was on, and she told me that she wasn't at that office, but in another office (she had two different office a bit far apart) which was weird because I was quite sure she scheduled me to come to see her on that day I went. Anyway she had told me to come back to see her the following week, and I was thinking oh damn I really wanted to fill that on that day. So I guess I was walking back to the bus to go back home, and next thing I remember I was continuing on walking but then some EMTs where approaching me and I was like thinking WTF is going on. I didn't even notice an ambulance nearby. So the EMTs looked at me and said I was bleeding from my forehead and then they brought the stretcher out and loaded me into to the ambulance and off to the hospital I went. I was totally flabbergasted because I didn't feel like anything was wrong and I don't remember anything happening but when I was talking to the EMT's in the back of the ambulance I found out that at some point I apparently had a Seizure or something and was laying down on the sidewalk. Someone must have called 911, but the weird thing is I guess I must have gotten back up and started walking again because I don't remember ever falling down or hurting myself. I must have hit my head on the concrete when I fell that's why I was bleeding. I am really not sure if I had a seizure or if I just fainted because I was so tired. But here is the important part. When they were questioning me they were asking me a whole bunch of questions like what kind of meds I was on and who my doctor was. So I guess in that state of mind I told them the truth and said which meds I had taken that day and I gave them the name and number of they psychiatrist I was seeing. They ended up calling her and then later on they told me don't bother calling her again because she doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore. I ended up being admitted to the hospital and staying there for 4 days while they ran some tests. In the end nothing was really wrong with me, but they told me I should go to a rehab center and gave me a number for their rehab clinic in that hospital. I never went to the rehab, and I tried to call the psychiatrist again to see if I could talk her into seeing me again, but she wouldn't, she just asked me what they said to do in the hospital and I said they told me to go to rehab and she said that I should do that. So to answer your question, yes the very well may cut you off. But maybe it depends because, they thought I had a serious drug problem since I told them that I had taken a variety of drugs none of which I had a script for. Your situation may be different, if your seizure was caused by a sudden decrease in dosage by your docs. But either way if that ever happened to me again I would never admit to anything or give them any of my doctor's information. If any of your docs ever find out you had taken meds that weren't prescribed or even just borrowed meds that you had scripts but ran out of, I think they will cut you off and tell you to go to rehab. I guess my advice to you is if you really think you need more zannys don't tell your psychiatrist about that seizure unless they already know about it. I would try instead to say that after your dosage was lowered you started feeling more anxiety and say you think a higher dose. 

That is just my 0.02 but being real with you if you seriously are concerned with your health then you might want to be truthful, on the other hand if your main goal is to get the medication you think you need, don't say anything bad ever happened to you as a result of taking that medication. I think they will surely cut you off for good. Then you will either have to find a new doctor or get your meds from the black market. 

First off, my heart goes out you, how scary that must have been!  Plus, with the additional stresses in your life, the biggest prob being "med management" (which we all know is no fun), I'm sure you're just worn out & ready for things normalize.  So if I understand, you're up to 2mg/day (from doc/NP) and will be seeing a new, completely separate psychiatrist in two weeks.  If so, this is absolutely what I would do:  Yes, most definitely share your most recent, unfortunate "incident".  He needs to know the truth Re just how high your tolerance is, as (you now well know) seizures are a real risk & he's going to want to ensure you're covered, as to prevent any more in the future.  In all honesty, I truly believe you're best bet is to humbly share with him: where you're at (suffer far too much anxiety for just 2mgs), how you got there (in order to deal w/ daily anxiety, plus various influxes due to additional, random stressors, you felt you had no choice but to intermittently take more than prescribed 2 mgs/day thus leaving you short), what you need (I would tell him point blank - you need at least 3-4mg/day...period)  and finally a how to proceed- {mutually agreed upon plan as to how to manage your anxiety long term} (this is where he should be able to help, be it prescribe you an anti-depressant to help manage the stress then possibly taper....I don't know...but this is where you let him know that you need -and trust - him to help you figure out how to manage, and that is kinda his job so shouldn't be a problem. /default_wink.png

My experience with shrinks is that 9 times outa 10, they give you what you need so again, I would honestly just ask for what you want/feel you need.  And just to reiterate, DO tell him about the seizure so he's fully aware of your tolerance, as well is the impending danger you'd likely be in again if he doesn't up your 2mg/day.  

I hope this helps and I truly wish you the best of luck. It took courage for you to put this out here & post what you did so kudos on that, you should be proud. 

Ahhhhggggg they changed my appointment to further in the week. Marypp I like your advice. At this point I don't want to be relying on them but I don't want to die just going cold turkey. Thank you ALL for your advice. I will keep you updated. 

Once again thank you all for your advice. I went today and had written down all of MaryPP's suggestions. She made me take a urine test. I'm not worried about that because I thought it might happen so I only took two a day plus I don't take anything else that is not prescribed to me and none of those are lets say "fun" in any way. 

She upped me to three a day. She wants to see me once a week which I don't mind. She talked about bringing up issues and then starting to tapper off. She said since I've been on zany for so long it will be a long process.

Thanks again and best of luck to everyone. 

Try taking Tegr3tol which is an anti-seizure med along with decreasing doses of kl0n0peen to taper off x@n@x, explain to a Dr your situation and they should recommend the same. I had the same issue waking up in an ambulance after a seizure, lucky I had someone that witnessed it. The hospital put me on @tivan with a take home script of 90 1mgs. Hope this helps if anyone else has this issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back