Fl-Modafinil

CAHEpiphany

Hey there,

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in nootropic forum, but since I was trying to use for ADHD, I decided to put it here.

Before my time on DBG, I'd been looking for an alternative/supplement to my doctor prescribed ADHD med, Conc3rta. Being scheduled meant it being a pain in the butt to deal with getting refilled, and I wasn't always able to do it immediately. The days between my refills, I was a foggy exhausted mess.

Research led me to modafinil and friends, and due to ease of obtaining, I opted for fl-moda. Received 5g from a reputable source that provided purity testing info. Started with an allergy test of 1mg, seemed to have no reaction, so a few days later tried 100mg, a medium dose. My experience? 

Absolutely nothing. Garbage. Thought it was bunk and they gave me fake testing info. Gave some ADHD friends some samples, the flmoda worked as expected for them, moderate assistance with focus and wakefulness. What gives?

Around the same time, I did some genetic testing out of pure curiosity, and stumbled upon some info elsewhere. Apparently there is such thing as a genetic non responder to the Moda family. And guess who is a non responder? 🙄

So it's interesting how genetics play into effectiveness, but it might be a good option for most people who are unable to see doctors or pay for a notably effective Rx in a pinch. Or find a good, reliable place for real Moda.

Didn't see much info on flmoda on the site, so I hope someone else is able to comment on their experiences with it, positive or negative.

Much love,

CAH

@CAHEpiphany Wow, thanks for the fascinating info!  I wasnt aware of genetic markers for non-responder to moda either!!  Do you happen to know the genotypes/phenotypes associated with being a non-responder?  Thanks!

@DoomKitty sure, had to do some quick re-learning but it seems SNP RS4680 on the COMT gene is responsible, at least partially - A,A (aka met/met) individuals like me seem to have minimal, if zero, effects from regular Moda, and I'd assume their related compounds as well.

A well known genetic testing site can show your results for that SNP. A redd1t thread I came across broke it down for dummies like me:

Met/Met=AA; High dopamine in prefrontal cortex.
Val/Met=AG; Higher dopamine in prefrontal cortex (not as high as AA).
Val/Val= GG; Lower dopamine in prefrontal cortex
I hope it's okay to link to pubmed here, I couldn't find any other good sources (I'll take it down if needed):

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19037200/

@CAHEpiphany So I have moderate-to-severe ADD also (primarily inattentive), and I've been taking methylphenidate (prescribed to me) for about 12 years now, with two several-year stretches in which I was getting my MPH through Concerta.  I.e., I understand where you're coming from 🙂

Years ago, a narcoleptic friend gave me a few moda pills and I found them kinda "meh".  I didn't feel like sleeping, I guess, but basically nothing in terms of focus, etc.  More recently, I got some F-moda, and it seems about the same.  I can stay awake through long mind-numbingly boring meetings, but I sure as hell can't pay attention to whatever tedious thing longwinded guy #17 is talking about...

I apologize in advance if I'm about to sound condescending or overly didactic, but I think that you're misunderstanding the pubmed article. The authors are looking specifically at cognitive/executive deficits induced by sleep deprivation, and whether mod can ameliorate them, and the authors are looking at the prefrontal cortex .  I think that ADD involves dopamine in the ventral striatum and the dorsolateral PFC.  Not sure if the authors focused down to check into separate regions of the PFC, or looked at the VA.

Still, really cool thought 🙂  I confess that I, too, check my livew3ll0 on a regular basis, and any time I try a new med!

Hey no offense taken and definitely not taken as condescension, @vs322, I'm still a noob when it comes to genetics and brain chemistry in general! All good points! Learn something new every day about ADHDs mechanisms in the brain.

I guess my main consideration here, given I was trying something different for my ADHD (also inattentive type), and got zero effects leading to my non responder discovery. Worth noting I also have the blessings of depression causing fatigue... My thought was "well concerta works great for wakefulness, why wouldn't this?"

Maybe this would have been a better thread for nootropics, since ADHD seems to be in a completely different ballpark for those thinking about the Moda/Fl family. Sincerely appreciate the input!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back