Forgetting things (Dimentia vs. STML(short term memory loss)

• Thread starter Thread starter Smc2015
  • Start date Start date
S

Smc2015

This post is going to be mainly about how I've forgotten simple things like where i put items, my phone, remote, dab/pen, more important things too...

the oil gets me to a state where I feel amazing but just destorys my immediate STM, and also i am then not able to covert it over to LTM.  

I won't just blame the BHO, but its so strong theres no room there for STM lmao... , you gotta write yourself little notes now like you have alzheimers.. no joke..

I have been thinking about this because I have noticed that my already poor memory is becoming worse than ever. I'm not sure if this is early onset dementia from aging or if the meds I take are having long term side affects. Either way, I laughed as I read your post @Smc2015 because I am sitting here working on my "to do" list which has become my way of life.

So to any members reading: don't be shy, remind me of whatever it is I said I was going to do!

I have been thinking about this because I have noticed that my already poor memory is becoming worse than ever. I'm not sure if this is early onset dementia from aging or if the meds I take are having long term side affects. Either way, I laughed as I read your post @Smc2015 because I am sitting here working on my "to do" list which has become my way of life.

So to any members reading: don't be shy, remind me of whatever it is I said I was going to do!
Yeah 2earls,  it is most likely the meds.

I have some black outs sometimes where I am like where did i put that, where did put this... and have tried to convert all the real important stuff into long term memory lol... I understand completely bro, it's happened to me where i lost things and never found them... thats the wost..

I have suffered from depression since childhood, and have tried any number of prescribed medications for both depression and anxiety.  I have an awesome psychiatrist, so am fortunate enough to get controlled meds I need legally, but this time of year it is winter where I live, and the Seasonal Affective is no joke...I am also a recluse (I refer to myself as "Boo Radley"--if you've read "To Kill a  Mockingbird" you know what I mean...). My doctor gets that I cannot leave house often, so no exercise (which releases endorphins and can help in some cases), also he has recommended visits to the tanning bed (I fried myself in those throughout my teen years, but the venture outside of the home, especially since I can no longer drive is too much for me).  A friend of mine mentioned to a social worker she sees that I had said I didn't know if I could survive another winter, and I found out about "Sad Lights" (or sometimes called "Happy Lights").  It is a super bright (10,000 LUX LED) light that you sit under or next to for 15 to 30 minutes a day.  I bought one on a site, had it shipped to my home, & I actually think it has helped (mine was around $80 USD). I still feel bad, & have trouble getting up, but I believe this has reset my Circadian Rhythm (sp?)--I am going to bed at a more reasonable time, and seem to be sleeping better.  I was at the point where I was feeling like I was waking up dead every day, and that  has improved to where I am able to complete my daily tasks and focus enough to be able to read a bit.  I saw some comments on memory loss, & I am going to have to weigh in on that one...I take @mbien at night, & wake up (often w/food in my mouth), & have to play detective (have I bought some crazy shit online? have I written some nutty sh!t? how did I get my clothes changed? did I actually eat the catfood taco I made?) My shrink thinks it's medication related re. memory loss (that and the shock treatments I had that wiped out my long AND short term memory, & that did NOT alleviate my depression), who knows? Found this site, but couldn't come up w/sign on until night medicine on board...

I stick post-its and have to-do lists all over my house--a good portion of my day is spent wondering why I went into a specific room, where in the hell is the remote control, and have I eaten today?  I am so good during the day trying eat clean, but after the nighttime meds kick in, all bets are off...cereal, chips, cookies, my husband says I am gonna die like Mama Cass (from the Mommas and the Pappas) choking on a sandwich (she actually died from heart failure, the choking was an urban myth), but just this morning, I woke up with a blueberry muffin in my mouth and all over my bed.  I had to get a replacement remote for the cable TV, bought an extra one since I lose so many things, and when I went to store the extra one in the cabinet under the TV, I found the effing one I "lost" to begin with...SMH...My dark half is a terrific housekeeper, though, if you discount the food/bed messes--I refinished an antique table beautifully I woke up to find (Had stripped and sanded, but was indecisive re. whether to stain in cherry, walnut, or oak), also my nighttime friend is much more aggressive than I am--I am a pacifist, but this other side kicks ass and takes names (only online, of course), but I get refunds for stuff damaged in transit that I am too shy and aggravated to deal with during the day--who ships bleach and food in the same box and doesn't bother to bag the liquids??!!  I am going to end up a Wally world shareholder if they keep up with their ridiculous shipping techniques...

I have suffered from depression since childhood, and have tried any number of prescribed medications for both depression and anxiety.  I have an awesome psychiatrist, so am fortunate enough to get controlled meds I need legally, but this time of year it is winter where I live, and the Seasonal Affective is no joke...I am also a recluse (I refer to myself as "Boo Radley"--if you've read "To Kill a  Mockingbird" you know what I mean...). My doctor gets that I cannot leave house often, so no exercise (which releases endorphins and can help in some cases), also he has recommended visits to the tanning bed (I fried myself in those throughout my teen years, but the venture outside of the home, especially since I can no longer drive is too much for me).  A friend of mine mentioned to a social worker she sees that I had said I didn't know if I could survive another winter, and I found out about "Sad Lights" (or sometimes called "Happy Lights").  It is a super bright (10,000 LUX LED) light that you sit under or next to for 15 to 30 minutes a day.  I bought one on a site, had it shipped to my home, & I actually think it has helped (mine was around $80 USD). I still feel bad, & have trouble getting up, but I believe this has reset my Circadian Rhythm (sp?)--I am going to bed at a more reasonable time, and seem to be sleeping better.  I was at the point where I was feeling like I was waking up dead every day, and that  has improved to where I am able to complete my daily tasks and focus enough to be able to read a bit.  I saw some comments on memory loss, & I am going to have to weigh in on that one...I take @mbien at night, & wake up (often w/food in my mouth), & have to play detective (have I bought some crazy shit online? have I written some nutty sh!t? how did I get my clothes changed? did I actually eat the catfood taco I made?) My shrink thinks it's medication related re. memory loss (that and the shock treatments I had that wiped out my long AND short term memory, & that did NOT alleviate my depression), who knows? Found this site, but couldn't come up w/sign on until night medicine on board...
Oh, and I ramble and get off point...surprise!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back