Former "ADHD" diagnosee - A warning

Snooky

Since this section exists, I think it will be a good place to drop these thoughts I've been having for the past 20 years (which isn't to say I don't regularly express them any time someone brings up "ADHD").

I was diagnosed with "ADHD" at 6 years old. I was a wild child who was nearly impossible to control. A teacher told my mother to take me to a doctor and have me tested for "ADHD." My first doctor put me on a succession of about 6 different pills including Ritalin, Strattera, and Adderall. I stayed on these pills for a number of years, I forget how many.

So, first thing: Why do I keep putting "ADHD" in quotes? Because it's not a real disease/disorder. It's an imaginary diagnosis put on unruly children so that doctors will be able to sell drugs to their parents. (It also enables doctors to sell speed to college-aged teenagers.) The first thing you're probably thinking is: "But Snook, they're just doctors. They're only trying to help. It's not like they get paid directly from prescribing you drugs..."
FALSE. Doctors are regularly paid dividends by insurance companies based on the number of certain drugs they prescribe, or the number of vaccines they give out. It's one of their "bonuses." Doctors have a direct financial incentive to sell you drugs. The more children they diagnose with "ADHD," the more pills they can prescribe. The more pills they prescribe, the more money they get. Now is it starting to make sense why my first doctor, at age 6, gave me a different prescription for a different drug every time I came in?

The second thing you might be thinking is: "But I have different thoughts and my brain works different. That's how I know that my ADHD is real!" Again, false. Remember, I'm diagnosed with ADHD and my brain works differently than most people's. However, EVERYONE thinks different from everyone else--no 2 people will have the same thought processes or patterns. Before the 1970's, the answer to unruly behavior in children was discipline, and our nation was in a great state. Now, the answer is drugs, and look how our society is going down the drain. So I will reiterate--ADHD is not a real condition. Your personality has been diagnosed as a disease. There is nothing wrong with you (at least not for the reasons they're naming), and if you're having problems, the solution is focus and dedication to the formation of new habits--NOT drugs. Drugs create dependencies which affect your neurotransmitters and create a need for that drug to perform the tasks you used it to aid you in. How will creating a dependency on a chemical for concentration "fix" your ADHD? It won't. The plan is to sell you drugs for your entire life, if possible, and rake in as much cash as they can off of sales.

Back to the story--so over the next 2 or 3 years I took little pills every day for my ADHD. These pills turned me into a social zombie and stunted my growth so badly you could see my rib cage clearly until I was 12. I was socially awkward until I started smoking weed in high school. And let me just say, thank God for that stuff. It helped undo all of the problems that Adderall created. I finally started eating normally and learning to function socially. If I hadn't started smoking weed, no joke, I may never have developed right or learned how to have friends and get laid.

Taking doctor-prescribed pharmaceutical medications for ADHD stunted my growth for years after I stopped taking them and ruined years of my development. I can barely remember anything from the years I was on them, and for years after I stopped taking them I was picked on for being a weirdo, because they had messed me up that badly. If you are a parent, do NOT experiment with dangerous medications to try and reign in your child's behavior. Yes, it's the easy way out--but it will FUCK UP your child's brain and development, and give them a predisposition towards drug addiction. That is a STEEP price to pay to have your child under your control. Instant gratification always leads to destructive results, whereas delayed gratification usually leads to lasting, positive results--apply that to this situation and use DISCIPLINE to teach your child how to act. PLEASE do not use drugs. Take it from someone who was on them. (I probably should have mentioned somewhere in here that by the age 20 I was addicted to crystal meth. I started with adderall.)

I even went to rehab once and talked them into giving me an adderall prescription, which ended up just sending me into the next level of my addiction...

Sorry for the scattered nature of this report. I was actually really good at writing prompts growing up, but right now I'm just trying to share information lol.

If you are an adult, and thinking you may have ADHD or are seeking medication to help you concentrate, please understand the risks and side effects. In 99 out of 100 situations, you should not even TOUCH amphetamines. Even if a doctor told you it was OK. It's still the same drug, and drugs are not doing anything particularly good for our nation (USA) or the world. Look at the situation in our country, Mexico, or even China, which was conquered by an ancient dynasty through a leader who got everyone in the nation addicted to Opium. Now China is under the control of a totalitarian dictatorship and Mexico is run by sex trafficking gangsters. Let's not let our own countries turn into that. True change comes from within. Make the right decisions

@Snooky I first have to comment on what you said about Mexico. The reason the situation has gotten so dire has very little to do with drug use inside Mexico, it's because they share a border with the biggest drug user in the planet. Not only that, but the government of that country took an awful aproach to addiction by criminalizing a mental disorder and putting more people than any other country in the planet (yes, more than authoritarian China) in jail. So people want their drugs but making them in their country has too many risks, and the cartels were born. So please don't blame Mexico for their problems since you probably took drugs made there, and that was on you, I'm an addict too and thing we cannot do is blame our drug use on anyone but ourselves, so think how in a very real way someone may have had to die for your drug use. Because the problem in mexico is Americans demanding drugs while demanding a society that considers addicts as criminals, ok?

Now, ADHD is real, it's just over-diagnosed in children. Teachers should be banned from making commentaries regarding medication, it's not their fucking place. It happened to me when I was a kid too, thankfully my mom went and made that teacher regret meeting me :)

I'm someone who started being treated for it when I was 18. And yeah, eventually I started snorting my ritalin but my drug problem started years before that. In my experience, stimulants at an adequate dose and with the correct delivery mechanism make my life so much easier. It's not fair to deny the experiences of all the people whose lives have improved because of stimulant treatment. What happened to you was fucked, I don't agree 6 years old kids should be medicated with uppers specially at the advice of a teacher, and it's a huge problem in our societies, I'm not denying that, I completely agree. All I ask is the same courtesy.

Take care!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back