From Dusk till Dawn (1996)

• Thread starter Thread starter Whoopiegoldburgg222
  • Start date Start date
Although I'm a heterosexual male, I have to confess that I have a huge man-crush on Seth Gecko (Clooney) in this film—One of my all-time favorites.  It loses out to Caabalanca and Bogart, but not but an impossible margin.

Thanks for reminding me of some good stuff to stick in my queue 🙂

This is prime sexy Clooney and, I too am totally hetero but come on .. youd have to be blind not to be drenched in his good looks in this movie hahaha

You just introduced me to two movies I NEED To watch , Casablanca Ive heard so much about I cant believe I still havent seen it! @vs322

@Whoopiegoldburgg222 Yes @vs322 is right. Casablanca is wonderful. I saw it in college in Films As Literature. Great class watching movies every week I got an A lol!

My mom watched like 10 minutes of Dusk Till Dawn and left the theater and said it was the worst movie she saw in her life. But she also said that about my favorite movie American Beauty. 

That's true George Clooney was hot as f! Too funny thats my husbands favorite movies! 

Wow American Beauty now thats another good one! I havent seen it in a while but unforgetable. So many good movies so little time!! LOL
Omg a class watching movies?! yeah that just sounds like heaven , as long as theyre good movies!

@Whoopiegoldburgg222 it was awesome. It was a 3 hour night class once a week and I learned so much. You learn about silent movies to John Ford. My absolute fave class was Music Appreciation with the late great Dr. Simon Anderson at University of Cincinnati. He would dress up every week in costumes from John Lennon to Eddie Vetter. It couldn't get eddy vetter! He made me love music and want to learn more.

And yes American Beauty was beautiful. I know people debate it that he deserved to die but no one deserves to die. I hate the Death Penalty it brings out the worst in people. It costs so much money and its not a deterrent. Maybe if I lost someone to a violent murder I might think differently. 

Oh I live by this quote to remember to be grateful and not look at not look at the ugliness around me. Especially with the Orange Dude not doing anything to help our country just trying to divide us.

"guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure, but don't worry, you will someday."

Its one of the most moving and ironically beautiful moments Ive seen in a movie, Deep down we are all humans trying our best .. what that looks like differs from person to person but I agree no one deserves to die.

But in the most tragic and worst outcome came insight and real clerity and hopefully the peace that he had been looking for his whole life. Such a raw and powerful moment , I feel bad for all the characters in that movie lol

It sounded liike you had one of the most amazing teachers , I love when they are passtionate about their work it just infects the whole class to learn! I took a year of music recording in colleage and it was my absolutle favorite class , learning about the music studio and all of the tricks prior artiest would make to get the best sound possible. Jimi Hendrix was an animal at this, Cuttiing off one of the speakers and just playing with how the music hit your ears , truly psychadelic and genious lol @Heavenlee

Omg @Whoopiegoldburgg222 don't even get started on Jimi Hendrix! My husband I swear refuses to use curtains! He has tapestries of bands in our windows! It is cool looking at the house from outside and seeing Bob Marley,The Dead, Beatles, Jimi too many others to mention. It feels like I am in college still your a little old can't we have curtainsDo you have Axstv? I love watching their movies just watched Alt Rock and watched The Beatles Eight Days A week and Eric Clapton. Its my favorite to go to after hearing 10 minutes of news I can't watch much longer.

And I agree it was so awesome to have had such a great professor sounds like you and I were lucky to have them.

I used to have Axstv ,i need to get it again omg I totally forgot about that. Id love to just chill out and watch some live shows or just good ass jams on. Sometimes Ill just youtube live shows and play the whole concert lol. Theres nothing like live music and the energy from the crowd!

Yeah I cant watch the news its litterally the worst thing for my mental health , I just get the weather and maybe some light hearted info then im done lol @Heavenlee

.@Tara  I don't want to run afoul of any forum rules by posting links that I shouldn't, and you may end up cursing me when all your spare time somehow evaporates, but pretty much every movie (and TV show) is on constantly at the venerable solarmoviefree.  I think that it's currently living on Ascension Island 😉  (Feel free to shoot me a PM if I made that too cryptic...) 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back