Full Body Bone Scan

• Thread starter Thread starter kittykat
  • Start date Start date
K

kittykat

Has anyone had a full body bone scan?  Tryin to determine if the white spots are better or worse than the dark spots....Any advice is welcome...

kk

Has anyone had a full body bone scan?  Tryin to determine if the white spots are better or worse than the dark spots....Any advice is welcome...

kk
It's hard to really say. There are so many different reasons for white and dark spots. White could indicate arthritis, degenerative bones, fractures, etc. Dark spots, called hot spots could be due to the leftover radioactive material from the dye in your body from the scan. This radioactivity could just be residual, so in that case there would be nothing to worry about. Having said this, it is really tough to say definitively without seeing the scan first-hand.

It's hard to really say. There are so many different reasons for white and dark spots. White could indicate arthritis, degenerative bones, fractures, etc. Dark spots, called hot spots could be due to the leftover radioactive material from the dye in your body from the scan. This radioactivity could just be residual, so in that case there would be nothing to worry about. Having said this, it is really tough to say definitively without seeing the scan first-hand.
Thank u sir

Thank u sir
You're quite welcome kitty. I have some knowledge regarding this, because of my studies in college and some first-hand experience, but like I said there can be a myriad of reasons. I hope everything turns out well for you. You're in my prayers.

Good answer DKaramazov, I'll just add my experience years back.

I had a bone scan when I was 21 and it was pretty weird. I drank the radioactive tracer instead of having it injected and had to wait 4 or 5 hours and come back to the hospital where they examined the results. It looks like the opposite of a radiograph (x-ray) in that the bones are dark against a white background not white against a black background. I could see the areas of my body where the tracer had deposited, ie bladder, kidneys, ureters...

The Doctors were looking for "hot" and "cold" spots. The scan uses a mildly radioactive dye to measure bone metabolism. "Hot" areas--areas that are abnormally bright on the scan and indicate that there is increased bone turnover in that area. Osteoblasts (bone building cells and Osteoclasts (cells that break down bone). The cold areas on the scan are abnormally dark compared with the surrounding bone and this can indicate that there is less bone breakdown and regrowth in that area. It can show where necrosis or bone death has taken place due to lack of blood supply. This can happen on the head of the femur. Hot spots may be indicative of inflammation or a tumor, whereas cold spots can be a sign of decreased blood flow to an area.

A tumor was what I had in my right middle finger (payback for flipping too many people off) It was bright white but there were no other areas of metastasis. In a malignant tumor or cancer it probably would have shown up in the lower spine. That's why they give patiients with prostate cancer bone scans to see if it has spread to the lumbar vertebrae.

Bone scans are good for detecting abnormalities in bone breakdown and metabolism, but they are not good for determining the cause of these abnormalities. Other tests like MRI's are needed to go with the x-rays and bone scan.

~Young

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back