general risk assessment for different types of drugs

freejohn7125

I would love to get some takes on how to calculate risk of dangerous adulterants (i.e. fent) being added to different substances.

from my limited research so far I've gotten the impression that:

- the media and govt ('one pill can kill') generally overstates both the likelihood and the magnitude of potential risk in fentanyl being added to *all kinds* of drugs
- fent is much more likely to be present in *downers* and far less likely to be an issue with stimulants (meth, amphetamines, methylphenidate etc.). this is because the effects of fent are unlikely to be confused with those of stimulants.
- regardless, there is some risk of fentanyl 'cross contaminating' with stimulants if manufacturers aren't careful about cleaning scales / presses etc. or make some other mistake. how real is this risk?
- however, fent is most commonly intentionally added to drugs for cost savings reasons (i.e. fent is easier/cheaper to get than whatever drug it's substituting in for). fent is unlikely to be added to drugs that are already relatively cheap to manufacture or obtain.
- *unless*: fent is used to increase the high of a drug with the hope of increasing demand: is this a thing?
- regardless, if fent is unwittingly consumed, the extent to which a dose may be fatal is largely overstated. drug manufacturers/distributers do not want to kill their customers.
- certain ROAs (intravenous, insufflation, smoking??) pose more risk than consuming orally, as digestion slows the rate at which a substance enters the blood stream.
- in addition to test strips, another harm reduction strategy is to consume a new substance in small increments and evaluate effects before increasing dosage

Last edited:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back