Good Books / Chic Lit Mystery

Akup7ich

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
Girl in 6 e - awsome though not for light hearted rated r-x still a thriller

The girl on the train- engaging, good

The good girl- so far better than train girl above almost as good as the first book above minus the sex

These are all different authors and all new and current.

Oh this is a good thread. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll add some later. I couldn't help but notice that all three books have the word "girl" in the title. Coincidence? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always looking for good books. I had a suggestion to read a detective series that has kept me busy for a while. But I could use a break (think I'm on book 7).

I'm not too into chick lit per se, but I'll read any genre if it's a good book.

Look forward to seeing your recommendations Tealie.

I'm always looking for good books. I had a suggestion to read a detective series that has kept me busy for a while. But I could use a break (think I'm on book 7).

I'm not too into chick lit per se, but I'll read any genre if it's a good book.

Look forward to seeing your recommendations Tealie.
What the heck is chic lit anyways? After watching fifty shades, I'm really thinking about reading the books even though it's really not my thing. Christian Grey. 😍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I assume it's literature geared towards female readers. I think romance novels came to mind when I said that's not my thing. But books like Gone Girl might fall into that category and I really enjoyed that one.

Well all three books mention ' if you liked gone girl' as promo at Target on on the cover. The only one that even raises eyebrows is the girl in 6 e. but it's far from 50 shades. In plot.

I spent a few summers over reading those type of books till they made me sic to stomach.

There is a book by Sandra brown called mean streak. That was good.

I have a weakness for mean girl type of genres too. Dirty Rush was great.

I read 50 shades years back. All three in 90 days. Have not seen movie though. Megan Hart is nothr good romance writer. Though I like her work a few years back.

More so know everyone is trying he 50 thing.

OK I'm ready for a new book. What should I read? And I like good books of all different genres, so any all time favorites?

The 'Odd Thomas' books by Koontz are really good in my opinion. Do you like King? I enjoyed the Dark Tower series because I'm a huge Tolkien fan and they had a similar quest type theme.

@JenG are you the one who told me to read Girl on a Train? Whoever it was, thank you, I loved it!

I'm always hunting for good books to read so any new recommendations?

@2earls not me, but I'm going to check it out. I think I told you about the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. I love her books!!

OK well good! I still got a recommendation. I can't find the thread to thank the appropriate person. I only remember saying that I had just read Gone Girl and they said they thought I would like it.

How many books in the Fever series? The last series I started ended up to be 17 books. Just finished Into Thin Air after seeing the movie Everest. I'm really happy that the cable went out in the bedroom. Now I just read. Don't even want it fixed.

@2earls i might be able to loan you some from my kindle, let me see which ones I've read from there and I'll let you know the ones I actually have v. the I've bought from kindle.

Thanks @JenG. Hopefully you have #2. I don't know what is going on yet. I can see there is a lot to be explained.

@2earls I'm sorry it's taken me forever to get back to you. I have Shadowfever, Iced, Burned, and Feverborn. I know that doesn't help you with books 2-4, but if you want to borrow them just let me know and we can swap info.

Sounds good, I will get in touch when I get to one of yours.

It's funny, my first impression was not that favorable as I found the heroine pretty annoying but by the time I finished book 1, I immediately got book 2, so something is drawing me in. Maybe curiosity about Barrons?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back