hacked filter included shippers

Handsley

Just a heads-up on my recent experience being hacked and finally figuring out how it was done.  On my main email service, there is an email filtering rules setting so any emails that come from certain email addresses, you can set (or anyone that has your password) can set to get redirected to any other address and you will never see them.  Some examples the hacker wanted redirected were any emails that had the carriers' websites in them plus amazon, walmart, visa, mastercard, discovery, plus any warnings that may come from your internet carrier to say your password's been changed or your account has been used by a different computer.  Just make sure if you have any of the notifications turned on for the carrier or store websites to alert you that a package is coming, have a good password protection and have it sent to one of the encrypted emails even.  I knew the program I use to check my email had rules and I would have noticed emails missing right away, but this was at the level of my internet carrier.  I never thought anyone would care to get that password, but apparently that setting is there and I had an old password on it that probably got sold with the rest of my information.  Apparently, I also have a new alias as well I found the other day that I need to investigate.  At least I can blame her on all nefarious activities.  I also have a limited background check service that I mostly use to check myself and found a few aliases recently that were completely different than any name I've ever used [sigh].  Luckily nothing happened except my data skyrocketed, but still stayed under the limit.   I changed my password three times, but these filtering settings stayed in my account and so they kept working until I finally found them and with a grand shout of joy, screenshotted and took them out and you can disable them.  If you have internet carrier X, message me and I will show you how.  The person didn't learn too much because all of my credit card alerts go to my texts (good choice).  Those emails from carriers tell you things have shipped, not always what date it's going to get here or what it is.  And unless hacker was close by my house, how can they get here before the package comes unless they were lucky.  I have pretty apparent cameras and had nothing missing in the months that this went on.  The hacker also filtered to him/herself the "your password changed" alerts from my internet company as well.  Since I've been breached in so many of the bigger breaches you've heard of on the news, I've been offered the free credit/identity theft monitoring and this is the third time they've caught it.  The other 2 have been a few faked credit cards with my info.  So make sure you have alerts on your credit cards, your bank account and that ANY changes get texted to you.  I am greatly sad that I am fairly sure that most were caused by my own republic under God.  The big red store would not have been given the info that was in these hacks.  Some of it didn't exist then.  The third one was a breach of my son's hospital record when he was born so the pirates already have his SS# before he's even used it.  Well, if you can't beat them, catch them early with some of these easy fixes.  If you can't remember all the passwords, put them in a file called something inocuous like "doctor's note," and in Word, you can password protect individual documents and make that a password that is completely different than anything you've ever used before.  I've had an IT expert tell me this is a pretty good way of doing things.  I hope this helps you stay safe.  The phone calls and spam are getting out of control so those are next.

Edited to mention that your employer can and will have access to your work email, your work internet access, your private email, possibly private internet, your Facebook.  If you work in a public place, usually the cameras are apparent, but they don't have to be if they're in a public place.  Bathrooms are usually off limits.  Stay in the bathroom!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back