Halflifes

halflife

Pardon this eponymously named thread.

Perhaps someone with a chem background can clarify something for us.

Often when you read how elimination occurs based on 1/2 lives given 'n' mgs of a medication. Therefore you can get a rough idea how many hours/days will elapse before one tests 'clean' if they took, say a 10mg hydro.

Leaving aside chronic, long term use, if one took 3 10mg hydro during a short period (day or week):

1) Would that triple the 1/2 life calculation?

2) Have no additional effect on the elimination time

3) Influence the elimination time by some unkown factor. Maybe put you at the longest end of the timeline -- or beyond...

It's never been clearly stated on any table I've seen.

Thanks for any input,

1/2

Hey 1/2,

No, whether you take one serving of 5mg of Hydrocodone or 20x that amount in one serving the half-life stays the same.

Taking more on a different occasion of course restarts the process.

There are, though, indeed several factors that will in fact increase the half-life of any drug: having something akin to an acute kidney infection during ingestion or hepatic (liver) disease & damage will absolutely do this. Metabolism of the elderly is known to increase half-life in meds as renal functioning just doesn't work as it used to.

If healthy or even relatively healthy and not in some chronic health predicament then the longest you could expect hydrocodone to test dirty on a (urine) test is 6-7 days after the last dosage. Each dosage of Hydro also creates metabolityes specifically tested for in drug tests such as hydromorphone and O-demethylated-morphine (not to be confused with morphine itself) which also have their own half lives.

Another incident that could cause increased elimination is disruption or (rare) lack of the oxidizing enzyme cytochrome 450 CYP2D6 which is what metabolizes Hydro. Taking other medicines that highly strain these enzymes concurrently could in theory make elimination a bit longer as well, such as the β-blockers, metoprolol is most highly dependent on the CYP2D6 and a high dosage of it concurrent with the Hydro theoretically could have this effect.

Haha hopefully I shed some sort of light on this for you, your questions confused me slightly my friend.

Have a good one : )

Well I don't know much about half lives but I do know a lot about half brains because I have one, I’ll try this and I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's say a drug has a half life of 24 hours, After 24 hours 50% would be out of your system. Now in the next 24 hours another 50% will leave your system but that is 50% of the first 50% left from the first 24 hours or another 25%. So after 48 hours 75% of the drug should be out of your system. I believe this was a test question I had in my 7th grade algebra class. You know the questions we had whhen when two trains leave the station at different times in different directions....

Anyway if I’m wrong you can call me half ass.

Nope you're right. Haha oh yes I (dreadfully) recall those algebraic problems my man. Math was never my strong suite yet chemistry is, go figure haha. Pharmacology much more so.

Bottom line is: Hydrocodone (Vicodin) metabolizes first into Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), which I'm 99.9% sure is vigorously metabolized via something known in chemistry as glucuronidation (your body adding glucornic acid to aid in metabolism) in the liver into Hydromorphone-3-glucuronide as well as trace amounts of 6-hydroxy reduction metabolites (somewhere during the conversion of hydrocodone -> hydromorphone very miniscule amounts of O-Demethylated-Morphine also get metabolized rapidly somewhere along this process but not remotely enough to pop for a stanard opiate test, even with a practical overdose of hydrocodone).

Dunno if I've answered your question but hopefully atleast gave you a metabolic science lesson haha /default_cool.png

You're alright pyrazolam. I know numbers and you know chemistry - I'll cook the books and you cook the tweek.

But seriously I saw your profile. Wish I had half of the ambition about life as you do. 

But hey I am okay with my station in life. I am thankful everyday for the life and opportuntities I have. I have it better than just about evryone else on the planet and realize it and I am grateful eveyrday because of it. Man did I get off the subject but that's what this place is for sometimes - to yak about whatever.

Anyway send me a email from Mars - looks like you'll be there in 20 or 30 years.

HB

Okay, I was in Halfbrain's 7th. grade algebra class. Even though I sat behind Halfbrain (alphabetical seating), I doubt Halfbrain remembers me -- I booked after the 3rd. day /default_smile.png

====

Pyrazolam -- I thank you for clearing up my question beautifully. Even though I wasn't as clear as I should have been, you addressed exactly what was bugging me. Indeed I was referring to a scenario where the last dose(s) start the clock.

To the unscientific mind it would seem as though it would take 3 times as long to metabolize a triple dose taken at the same time. By my thinking I had imagined the body would say "I'm busy! Still working on yesterday's dose"

But wow that is not the case. All good! Though I don't really fully understand why, given your expert explanation, I accept that on faith.

====

There is a lot of misinformation & radical divergence when elimination times are cited on the 'net. In fact an oft quoted timetable.htm on a cleansing site claims 1-6 days for hydrocodone, but 3-4 days for Lortab & Vicodin!!

Anyone ever see a definitive chart? Allowing for variables of course. Labcorp's PDF chart is incomplete.

====

Pyrazolam, if I could pick your brain for one more question:

Besides overall health variances, any idea why Soma has a range of 2-7 days?

====

Thanks for settling up some important points for what I'm sure apply to many people here.

Drug testing, including a false positive, ruined my life -- literally.

1/2

I'm not sure about this, not even sure where I am actually. But I thought Pyra has said Soma isn't tested for, even in basic 10 or 14 panel tests. I am thinking he said it wasn't picked up in GS/MC testing, though it could have been a different drug. 

I found a website that broke down most BZ products, which I will post here and check to see if a thread has been created on the subject later. This is is the NORCHEM upload for for BZ products: http://www.norchemlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Benzodiazepines-facts.pdf

As I said I'll take a quick look around this site and see if there is a specific thread that would better suit it. Unfortunately the page I found didn't a search function to see if they had similar info on other classes. It could be there is a thread chock full of other similar reports on this site. This just happened to be the first thread I noticed the topic on so I put the link here.

Good day all, H~T

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back