Harry Potter Freaks, Come Out Of The Closet!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Have we got many Harry Potter devotees on the board? If so, let's be hearing from you all. My views will be published once we ascertain that we do indeed have a crowd of JKR lovers here.

I'll just start by saying that 'Prisoner of Azkaban' and 'Deathly Hallows' outshine the othets by quite a lot. And the movies, though of necessity heavily abridged, wete not too bad, great casting, but OH, the hellish mispronuncistions made me shiver. Voldemort with a 't' sound at the end - ugh. And Bellatrix and Rabastan Lestrange... French, fer Chrissakes. Did they not refer to Jo for correctness?

Anyway, let us hear your views. This could be the Mugglenet of DBG!

HI ABS

11 views and nothing so far. I'm actually not a Harry Potter freak but If you ever go on vacation to Florida, Universal Studios has an amazing 3d Harry Potter theme area and I hear its truly amazing. I was to go myself.

I purchased Harry Potter for my playstation and its quite good although I hear the xbox version is better. Trouble is I'm just not that good at it.

So in response to your thread and question, I'm not a true HP freak but I did come out of the closet does that count /default_biggrin.png

I would like to see some Harry Potter freaks........hmmmmmmmmmmn........come forward /default_wink.png

Have we got many Harry Potter devotees on the board? If so, let's be hearing from you all. My views will be published once we ascertain that we do indeed have a crowd of JKR lovers here.

I'll just start by saying that 'Prisoner of Azkaban' and 'Deathly Hallows' outshine the othets by quite a lot. And the movies, though of necessity heavily abridged, wete not too bad, great casting, but OH, the hellish mispronuncistions made me shiver. Voldemort with a 't' sound at the end - ugh. And Bellatrix and Rabastan Lestrange... French, fer Chrissakes. Did they not refer to Jo for correctness?

Anyway, let us hear your views. This could be the Mugglenet of DBG!
Read all the books. My girlfriend (now Wife) sent Goblet of Fire through the post with the first three in paperback whilst I was in University...chomped through them in a week and then read the rest as they came along. Still the best one is Azkaban and so is the movie. They are good, but come on give Cormac McCarthy or Haruki Murakami anyday.

Twilight Saga can be executed

I'm interested in this 'Hunger Games' phenomenon though...?

Best

MVT XX

Last edited:
Just bought entire 'Hunger Games' trilogy for the price of one book yesterday! Started last night, and can tell I'm going to rattle thru them all within the week...

And there's one ditch HP obviously DIDN'T fall into!

Abs

Never read any of those books. I prefer reading books in which I learn something and can apply to daily life. The same goes with movies. Documentaries are my favorites.

My wife loves me so much.

I read all types of books, according to my mood or need.  In grade school, I read every book in the library by time I moved on to middle school.   Plus public library and my own little collection of "Black Beauty", Nancy Drew Books etc.

People used to say I didn't read books, I "inhaled" them.  LOL    I am just a speed reader.  (Glad of it in when I was in college).

I kept hearing people at work talking about Harry Potter books a lot.  It aroused my curiosity, so I read the first one. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Some of the names and situations are hilarious. I became a Harry Potter fan and I'm not ashamed of it one bit.  It has provided many hours of diversion. The last couple of years, my grandson has begun to enjoy Harry Potter, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was excited for a moment there. I thought this was a thread dedicated to Harry Plopper, Homer Simpson's pet pig. Love me some Spider Pig!

harry-potter-harry-potter-demotivational-poster-1248347187.jpg

first-i-was-like-snape-rape-face-the-like-harry-potter-alan-demotivational-poster-1263067753.jpg

Last edited:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back