Heartworm Disease Medication

I moved back  to South Carolina after being in  Montana for ten years.  Brought my dog here and my vet wanted to put my dog on heartworm meds, and give all these vaccinations,which I didn't do in Montana because the environment is a little different.  I declined vaccines that were not necessary as well as heartworm.  The first year I was back, I didn't put my dog on anything, even flea/tick meds.  Just my decision.  

This year, I did all my research before the yearly visit for rabies vac and again was asked to have vaccinations for laptops (and others) and heartworm.  I had read a lot about heartworm and its benefits and side effects and decided to get the lowest dose and only for the months when I felt it was necessary.  Anyway, I wanted to post the article that really sealed the decision for me regarding heartworm medication so anyone that wonders about giving your dog this medication, can be informed on heartworms and treatment.  It may change your mind.  I wasnt for it or against it when I moved back  here.. I just wanted to know why vets in Montana didn't ever try to pressure me into heartworm medication and why they seem to think you are abusing your dog and just asking for your dog to die if you don't give it to them.  It's very interesting and actually explains the disease in a very easy way.  ​Enjoy more reading!!!!  

http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/heartworminfo.htm

Very interesting article!  I do give my girls and boys heartworm meds though.  There are many vets that will tell you it is not absolutely necessary.  

Hi, there is a flea and tic med called revolution. It covers all the worms as well and flea eggs. Its more expensive but well worth it as, frontline and advantage dont work anymore bcuz like my vet said, the fleas have become immune to those meds. However, I personally think its wise to keep your dog on heartworm prevention bcuz, heartworm can be deadly and its a simple thing to do for her well being. And much cheaper than the vet bills once shes contracted it. Thank you for sharing this article. 

midnitesun said:
Hi, there is a flea and tic med called revolution. It covers all the worms as well and flea eggs. Its more expensive but well worth it as, frontline and advantage dont work anymore bcuz like my vet said, the fleas have become immune to those meds. However, I personally think its wise to keep your dog on heartworm prevention bcuz, heartworm can be deadly and its a simple thing to do for her well being. And much cheaper than the vet bills once shes contracted it. Thank you for sharing this article. 
Hi Is the new revolution in pill or tube to put on the...I quit giving Ruby Trifectus cause did not want a posion inside to kill outside bugs...I been putting diometrix earth powder on her...seems to work.....its 30 million year old shrimp and minute creatures bones crushed to powder they say it rips and slashes the insides of the bugs and parasites that can cause harm to pets to kill them.

Hi, sorry for the slow response but the revolution comes in a liquid just like advantage and Frontline and you apply it the same way.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back