Help With Tv Signal Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter MathewM
  • Start date Start date
M

MathewM

I live with my grandfather as his carer, I hardly watch TV but he watches it all day more or less and his always complaining about signal dropping out/Problems with the connection.

He has had someone out to install a new antenna I think and also had someone install a booster box with fiber optic cables which I will show pictures of what has been installed below.

I use a PVR in my bedroom and I do occasionally have issues with TV shows I've recorded that jump and skip but half the time I find if I start watching a recording then hit fast forward, it will start to play up as I start to play, almost like the hardware cant keep up with the 1TB Hard Drive.. Lag if you will. If I just stop then play from the beginning 95% of the time it works fine but there is always a slight chance that I might just have to delete the recording as its un watchable.

I just look at it as a small technical error and no big deal, my grandfather however always complains about such things and how the TV is always playing up, his getting old, his memory might be getting a little funny, kind of delusional at times, I've got a little experience with PC & Laptops so I carry it over to TV's, I have no problem hooking up home theater systems or what not.. Im far from an expert but im not a complete moron when it comes to technology.

Just yesterday he was complaining about it again and I offered to switch the TV's over as I own 4 LCD/LED's so I said we'll swap to one of my 32" LCD's and see if it fixes it (Clueless if the TV had some kind if box in it for receiving an areal connection I thought maybe some TV's are better than others) I highly doubt this but ANYTHING is worth a shot to stop him from over paying someone to do absolutely nothing as workers take advantage of him I believe.

So I swapped the TV's over and there was a BIG issue with 50% of the stations/channels, the problem seemed worse.. So I set the 42" back up and the problem was the same, I've never seen it this bad, we live at the bottom of a hill, I always figured it was either aerial issues, like birds, bad weather, station/channel problems, maybe even my mobile phone or microwave.. I really wouldn't know!

So I went to test out my TV while his was playing up in the lounge and we both seemed to have the same issues with each channel, I recorded a video to show a technician as my grandfather wants to pay someone to come and test out the connection which is not even 2 years old and fiber optic, I know that someone will come, run a test then make up some crap to scam a bit of money from him. Maybe i wrong but it seems that way to me.

Turning the TV in the lounge on and off seemed to make some of the channels work ok but im clueless as to why..  if anyone has any idea's please let me know, I have this 5 minute video clip here that I made so maybe someone has some opinions as to what this might be? What the issue is or could be?

I assume we need a better aerial, a higher one as we live on the bottom of the hill but im not 100% sure though im 99.9% sure it has NOTHING to do with the cables and having someone out to look at them I think will prove pointless and wont be cheap, Free quote yes but I just don't trust them taking advantage of my grandfather because it happens all too often..

I will provide some picture here of what has been installed and a video clip showing the issue. If anyone has any idea's, any advice or anything that might help us with this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

My guess is what you see in the pictures is as good as you can get and getting a different brand wont make any difference in the world yet I worry someone will take the opportunity to convince my grandfather that is the case can just see it as easy money.. Like for example "I can install gold plated cables" Which even if there are gold plated fiber optic cables it wont help this issue at all, I don't believe at least.

Also in regards to the LAST picture, has anyone got any idea what it is or was? Does it look like a connection for TV's or more of a power source for say, lights perhaps.. or?

2n71rpw.jpg

2is8ume.jpg

14sz31i.jpg

97mjaf.jpg

2poqn10.jpg

r8f0aa.jpg

ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION: This here is a power booster of some kind, without it my grandfather gets no TV reception whats so ever in the lounge room (I have not tested my room yet to see if this effects my TV/PVR)

This here I believe powers the above pictures, why its up stairs is beyond me, the TV is on the other side of the lunge room and as you can see this is a 3 point connection, I have not yet tried running a TV direct from this connection yet it should not make much of a difference I don't think..

Realistically a closer connection/shorter wires should give a bettter connection yet for what we have should be good enough right? Also then there is still the issue of my TV and changing the lounge room around as my grandfather is set in his ways and I doubt he'd like the TV here/moved and it would/might be too far for him to see..

I'd rather avoid this is I can BUT if it is the solution I will do it.

2wg98uw.jpg

33auzgg.jpg

2z4ldud.jpg

I think using the above connection directly MIGHT help a little but yet watch this video if you can bare it for 5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TveEQl0lg

Also anyone know what this is??

1zvzfh2.jpg

I live with my grandfather as his carer, I hardly watch TV but he watches it all day more or less and his always complaining about signal dropping out/Problems with the connection.

He has had someone out to install a new antenna I think and also had someone install a booster box with fiber optic cables which I will show pictures of what has been installed below.

I use a PVR in my bedroom and I do occasionally have issues with TV shows I've recorded that jump and skip but half the time I find if I start watching a recording then hit fast forward, it will start to play up as I start to play, almost like the hardware cant keep up with the 1TB Hard Drive.. Lag if you will. If I just stop then play from the beginning 95% of the time it works fine but there is always a slight chance that I might just have to delete the recording as its un watchable.

I just look at it as a small technical error and no big deal, my grandfather however always complains about such things and how the TV is always playing up, his getting old, his memory might be getting a little funny, kind of delusional at times, I've got a little experience with PC & Laptops so I carry it over to TV's, I have no problem hooking up home theater systems or what not.. Im far from an expert but im not a complete moron when it comes to technology.

Just yesterday he was complaining about it again and I offered to switch the TV's over as I own 4 LCD/LED's so I said we'll swap to one of my 32" LCD's and see if it fixes it (Clueless if the TV had some kind if box in it for receiving an areal connection I thought maybe some TV's are better than others) I highly doubt this but ANYTHING is worth a shot to stop him from over paying someone to do absolutely nothing as workers take advantage of him I believe.

So I swapped the TV's over and there was a BIG issue with 50% of the stations/channels, the problem seemed worse.. So I set the 42" back up and the problem was the same, I've never seen it this bad, we live at the bottom of a hill, I always figured it was either aerial issues, like birds, bad weather, station/channel problems, maybe even my mobile phone or microwave.. I really wouldn't know!

So I went to test out my TV while his was playing up in the lounge and we both seemed to have the same issues with each channel, I recorded a video to show a technician as my grandfather wants to pay someone to come and test out the connection which is not even 2 years old and fiber optic, I know that someone will come, run a test then make up some crap to scam a bit of money from him. Maybe i wrong but it seems that way to me.

Turning the TV in the lounge on and off seemed to make some of the channels work ok but im clueless as to why..  if anyone has any idea's please let me know, I have this 5 minute video clip here that I made so maybe someone has some opinions as to what this might be? What the issue is or could be?

I assume we need a better aerial, a higher one as we live on the bottom of the hill but im not 100% sure though im 99.9% sure it has NOTHING to do with the cables and having someone out to look at them I think will prove pointless and wont be cheap, Free quote yes but I just don't trust them taking advantage of my grandfather because it happens all too often..

I will provide some picture here of what has been installed and a video clip showing the issue. If anyone has any idea's, any advice or anything that might help us with this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

My guess is what you see in the pictures is as good as you can get and getting a different brand wont make any difference in the world yet I worry someone will take the opportunity to convince my grandfather that is the case can just see it as easy money.. Like for example "I can install gold plated cables" Which even if there are gold plated fiber optic cables it wont help this issue at all, I don't believe at least.

Also in regards to the LAST picture, has anyone got any idea what it is or was? Does it look like a connection for TV's or more of a power source for say, lights perhaps.. or?

2n71rpw.jpg

2is8ume.jpg

14sz31i.jpg

97mjaf.jpg

2poqn10.jpg

r8f0aa.jpg

ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION: This here is a power booster of some kind, without it my grandfather gets no TV reception whats so ever in the lounge room (I have not tested my room yet to see if this effects my TV/PVR)

This here I believe powers the above pictures, why its up stairs is beyond me, the TV is on the other side of the lunge room and as you can see this is a 3 point connection, I have not yet tried running a TV direct from this connection yet it should not make much of a difference I don't think..

Realistically a closer connection/shorter wires should give a bettter connection yet for what we have should be good enough right? Also then there is still the issue of my TV and changing the lounge room around as my grandfather is set in his ways and I doubt he'd like the TV here/moved and it would/might be too far for him to see..

I'd rather avoid this is I can BUT if it is the solution I will do it.

2wg98uw.jpg

33auzgg.jpg

2z4ldud.jpg

I think using the above connection directly MIGHT help a little but yet watch this video if you can bare it for 5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TveEQl0lg

Also anyone know what this is??

1zvzfh2.jpg
I will say some  tvs get better reception than others no doubt I use to work at Radio shack and encountered that many times. Also check all connections, and you will need an antenna that has at least 150 mile range or more also get a antenna mast to get the antenna up as high as possible also get a rotator to easily dial in the reception.rotators come in handy alot. Also make sure the signal booster is of good quality,i know the radio shack brand booster works good I mean the booster it's about $59.99 that has the transmitter that goes up next to  the antenna,i know those work I've hooked up many and sold hundreds of them. 

I will say some  tvs get better reception than others no doubt I use to work at Radio shack and encountered that many times. Also check all connections, and you will need an antenna that has at least 150 mile range or more also get a antenna mast to get the antenna up as high as possible also get a rotator to easily dial in the reception.rotators come in handy alot. Also make sure the signal booster is of good quality,i know the radio shack brand booster works good I mean the booster it's about $59.99 that has the transmitter that goes up next to  the antenna,i know those work I've hooked up many and sold hundreds of them. 
Hope that helps 😊

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back