Hi, I'm Funkytown and I'm totally new here, and everywhere!

funkytown

I'm having great difficulty getting Bitcoin to work. I have Coinmama, and Electrum, but both my bank debit card and a seperate bank's credit card keeps refusing the transaction. I really need to buy bitcoin to purchase things.

Last edited by a moderator:
@funkytown Hi welcome to the Forums. Coinmama has started using "Simplex" for verification if you contact there support they tell you to contact simplex support since Simplex does everything now not Coinmama.

The reason your transaction is being rejected like mine was except for my first Bitcoin Purchase. Is most likely due to what I was told that you need your Card to have something called "3DSecure" and I had to Call my Bank and get them to have my card get 3Dsecure. When I asked why did my first Bitcoin purchase go through and work and I was told that 90% of the time it won't work without your Card having 3DSecure what ever that means.

Coinmama Support will refer you to Simplex when contacting there support for some odd reason and then just explain your problem like you did here and they should tell you what to do I hope this helps.

@funkytown Hi welcome to the Forums. Coinmama has started using "Simplex" for verification if you contact there support they tell you to contact simplex support since Simplex does everything now not Coinmama.

The reason your transaction is being rejected like mine was except for my first Bitcoin Purchase. Is most likely due to what I was told that you need your Card to have something called "3DSecure" and I had to Call my Bank and get them to have my card get 3Dsecure. When I asked why did my first Bitcoin purchase go through and work and I was told that 90% of the time it won't work without your Card having 3DSecure what ever that means.

Coinmama Support will refer you to Simplex when contacting there support for some odd reason and then just explain your problem like you did here and they should tell you what to do I hope this helps.
Thank you, I will try contacting my bank.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if there is an easier more discreet way to buy Bitcoin...

The only reliable and non shady ways of buying Bitcoin these days requires photo identification in some way.

That being said someone else did post a long while back about shakepay.com. They Posted that a couple years ago now so I'm not so sure if they are any better than coinmama or not.

I'm interested in a place with lower fees than Coinmama taking a fee plus Simplex takes a Fee now too. Together both there fees are fairly large per Bitcoin purchase.

The only reliable and non shady ways of buying Bitcoin these days requires photo identification in some way.

That being said someone else did post a long while back about shakepay.com. They Posted that a couple years ago now so I'm not so sure if they are any better than coinmama or not.

I'm interested in a place with lower fees than Coinmama taking a fee plus Simplex takes a Fee now too. Together both there fees are fairly large per Bitcoin purchase.
I agree! :)

I bought Bitcoin using Cashapp and transferred it to my Exodus wallet. Zero issues with it and only took maybe 10 minutes overall until I sent a donation here to DBG. That was my first Btc transaction ever LOL

I bought Bitcoin using Cashapp and transferred it to my Exodus wallet. Zero issues with it and only took maybe 10 minutes overall until I sent a donation here to DBG. That was my first Btc transaction ever LOL
What place did you buy the bitcoin from? :)

I'm having great difficulty getting Bitcoin to work. I have Coinmama, and Electrum, but both my bank debit card and a seperate bank's credit card keeps refusing the transaction. I really need to buy bitcoin to purchase things.
Hi Love your name ! I am still trying to do bitcoin myself . There are threads that are helpful . I would go to the site search and type in bitcoin and it should pull up any thread with info :) 

@funkytown Hey there, welcome to our little forum. You'll find lots of friendly people here as well as a ton of information on various topics, including the aforementioned Bitcoin.

I still need to figure Bitcoin out myself but lots of people tell me it's pretty simple once you give it a go.

Again, welcome to the site!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back