Hunter S. Thompson (Need To Put A Book In Here)

HYPNOTIC.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
The story follows it's protagonist, Raoul and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they desend on Las Vegas in chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze while ruminating on the failure of the 1960's counterculture movement.

~Younghypnotiq

Hunter S. Thompson is / was cool, but slightly too hallusinative for my taste. And his journalism... was sometimes just a bit too much of "new-journalism" IMHO.

I still swear on Good Ol´ Bill - Burroughs´ "Junkie" may describe the scene on 40´s to 60´s, but that scene never ever will change in it´s very essence and therefore, it´s a informative evergreen...

Just my (rusty & old) 2cts.

Cheers - TioMalo

The story follows it's protagonist, Raoul and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they desend on Las Vegas in chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze while ruminating on the failure of the 1960's counterculture movement.

~Younghypnotiq
Read his autobio - Man what a charactor !!! highly recommend it 10/10

Mac.

Last edited:
You may have liked it but its wasn't the same as the first movie "Fear and Loathing..." The Rum Diary" wasn't such a good movie.

Anything from the Fear and Loathing Letters collection is a pretty fascinating read. They are full of any letters/faxes that Hunter sent out between any given set of years.

For a biography type book nothing beats The Jokes Over by Ralph Steadman (hunters artist for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

Screwjack (Mescalito) is a pretty cool short story Hunter wrote while tripping on masculine at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood, Ca / February of 1969 (which was also the inspiration for the Eagles song "Hotel California")
The 1991 first editions are super rare currently going for over $1,000 but Simon and Schuster later published it in 2000 in a more affordable mini hardback. It's also a chapter in Songs of the Doomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too weird to live, too rare to die

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back