I'm ready to say hello

daisymay

I've already found this forum to be very helpful. It's always comforting to know there are others with similar issues.

My story is simple. I have fibromyalgia (since 1999), and I'm sick of dealing with doctors. In my area doctors absolutely will not prescribe pain medication. I had an impacted wisdom tooth cut out and the doctor told me to take Tylenol and refused to write me a script for anything. When my mother was on her death bed, I asked the nurse to give her more morphine because I didn't want my mother to suffer in her passing. The nurse said she couldn't do it without a written order from the doctor--my mother died before that happened. I found that to be disgusting and it still pisses me off.

I work with victims of domestic violence and I want to keep working for as long as I can because this is my calling in life, but it gets harder and harder with every passing year. I take Cymbalta and flexeril for the fibro symptoms, but these do nothing to help during very bad spells. It's very frustrating.

And that's that.

Thank you all for having me here.

I daisymay, welcome to the board! So sorry to hear a bout all the suffering you have had and have to  endur. I'm a chronic pain victim myself but  was recently kicked off my pain meds by my pain management doctor but that is a story I would rather not discuss at the moment. I'm glad you have found the information you need to help you  live a more productful life. I know I have. Thrilled to have you aboard. If you have any questions, please feel free to just ask. The mods here are the best people you ever wanna know. Or, if I can be of assistance in anyway, please do not hesitate to ask. Once again, welcome to the family ;)

Wow that is sad and sickening how doctors act these days. I love places like this because it's shifting the power back to the people that need real help. The only advice is be careful cause they're people that are dishonest on here as well but our mods and administrative support helps combat that. Best of luck in gaining the help you need :-)

Thank you all so much.

Fargo, I've been wanting to respond to what you said for a long time. Sorry for the delay. I appreciate you sharing what you have shared, and I feel for you big time. It's rare to find a doctor who will give pain meds for chronic pain. It doesn't matter how bad the pain is, if it's chronic, they don't want to give meds. It's SAD. To be abruptly kicked off of medication is downright cruel. Chronic pain really does affect a person's quality of life in the most adverse of ways, and this is not being handled appropriately by the medical community. I'm hoping the very best for you.

Hi daisymay & welcome. I've been a member for 1 year & have found this site to be a God send! I was in pain management for 6 years & then a new doctor straight out of medical school took over my case & boom just like that took me of Vikings & said only trams for you. Same story different person. I suffered for 4 yrs until I stumbled upon the DBG. I'm sorry for your pain that's such a debilitating disease. Also so sorry about your mom. Glad your here & hope you find everything your looking for.:)

Massm, thank you for all that incredible information. I didn't realize it was quite that bad on doctors. Maybe I should give them a break. It's just sad that the pendulum seems to swing from one extreme to the other and there never seems to be a reasonable middle ground. And, as I mentioned earlier, doctors seem to really avoid prescribing pain meds for chronic pain, and now it seems more clear why. It doesn't help people like me, but I get it. Thanks again. :)

Mountaincat, I feel bad for you. It's so hard to deal with chronic pain and it's heartless to be cut off from something that worked only to be put on something that might help a headache. :(  I'm happy that you and I both (among many others who need help) found this site. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you're finding relief.

You guys are so nice. I appreciate everyone and everything here. I've been reading nonstop since I joined, and there's so much more to cover. I love it.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  2. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  3. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  4. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  5. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  6. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  7. M @ MOD: @everyone - Please check my last post for some recent progress and do comment & advice.
  8. CnC5 @ CnC5: Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Check out our new post on our thread ✨️✌️
  9. A @ AnnaSofia: Hi all hope everyone’s having an above average weekend.
  10. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  11. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  12. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  13. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  14. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  15. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  16. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  17. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  18. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  19. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  20. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
Back