Is MoneyGram a reliable payment source?

VII

I'm just curious if MoneyGram is safe to use online - this also includes questions as in do they track your data, save the data, or any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to share your experiences using MoneyGram if you've used this process before. 

Thanks in advance,

-VII

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell everyone not to use it online. Your chances of being declined, or even banned, go up dramatically online. Unless there is a reason why it's impractical to go in person, why risk it? And why go through having to answer a bunch of questions that you aren't asked when doing it in person?

I have sent a LOT of MGs down south and the only issues I've ever had were because of the clerk entering the wrong information and not checking the receipt thoroughly enough myself. I probably hear about a problem some member is having from doing it online once a week, so thanks for the opportunity to tell everyone: go in person with cash in hand!

I tell everyone not to use it online. Your chances of being declined, or even banned, go up dramatically online. Unless there is a reason why it's impractical to go in person, why risk it? And why go through having to answer a bunch of questions that you aren't asked when doing it in person?

I have sent a LOT of MGs down south and the only issues I've ever had were because of the clerk entering the wrong information and not checking the receipt thoroughly enough myself. I probably hear about a problem some member is having from doing it online once a week, so thanks for the opportunity to tell everyone: go in person with cash in hand!
Thanks, this is a HUGE help. I'll go for the physical copies then, tripple check everything and hope all goes well! 

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with it, but now at least you know what to use and what not to use. Live and learn as the saying goes. 

I never have a problem with I send it in a store (via phone or kiosk) and provide cash to the cashier if it's a pharmacy or general store.  They will likely not decline it if you already paid cash because they do not want to provide you a refund.  Sometimes you have to call to verify the transaction with an ID.

I never have a problem with I send it in a store (via phone or kiosk) and provide cash to the cashier if it's a pharmacy or general store.  They will likely not decline it if you already paid cash because they do not want to provide you a refund.  Sometimes you have to call to verify the transaction with an ID.
 I just did one roughly a hour ago and I used a debit card. On the bill statement on my bank account it simply stated I made a purchase for the amount on the MG order. It did not state that MG was involved, it was just a check card purchase at the location which was very discrete. Not to mention no questions were asked besides from myself, I asked to see both the papers and receipt to make sure it's accurate and it was. She gave me the receipt along with the papers back, circled the reference number with a pen and that was it. This was done at a Wal*Mart, so I guess it depends on where you do it at. 

So from my own experience so far it's walking in, they didn't ask questions, I was allowed to view the information before I paid, and everything was smooth. 

May I ask why you don't use a debit card apposed from a phone/kiosk/cash? 

MG Stinks!  I always go in person and pay cash.. Last few times I had to call them and verify the transfer number via telephone after I sent it and 3 or 4 times ago they started pulling some BS on me and said my name is flagged, and that my birthday is different then the flagged person so they sent the transfer... Last week I tried to send MG and when I called to verify, they said I'm totally banned and cannot use their services anymore and gave me a full refund, so I had to goto a MG location in person.... WTF?  Do we need to switch to bitcoins now, or what is the best way to send?  I mean the receivers name always changes.... I'm distort over here, help!

MG Stinks!  I always go in person and pay cash.. Last few times I had to call them and verify the transfer number via telephone after I sent it and 3 or 4 times ago they started pulling some BS on me and said my name is flagged, and that my birthday is different then the flagged person so they sent the transfer... Last week I tried to send MG and when I called to verify, they said I'm totally banned and cannot use their services anymore and gave me a full refund, so I had to goto a MG location in person.... WTF?  Do we need to switch to bitcoins now, or what is the best way to send?  I mean the receivers name always changes.... I'm distort over here, help!
You should pay with a debit/CC instead of cash. I've yet to hear any issues regarding verification or issues while using a debit/CC, no questions aswell. I do however use a virtual number that's supplied by a company primarily for business, however I can use the number and it always slides through even though they can't track the number directly. I won't go too much into detail seeing I don't want anyone to get in trouble-- however staying anonymous is very difficult with MG/WU forms.

The best method is to alternate between WU and MG. Both of which uses forms which can be found at stores. If you're a frequent buyer, buy things in bulk using MG and stock up on what you need using one method, a month or two later if you need something else or a "refill" of the service use WU and keep alternating, but change the pattern up so it's not suspicious and make sure you're not using MG to send to multiple vendors, it raises suspicion apposed from using it for one specific vendor or two specific vendors. I'm not saying "limit the number of vendors you use", i'm simply stating you have to decide between the two after you've chosen a vendor and which was the last vendor you used along with what payment method. You have to ask yourself a few things, but so far somebody that I know has used only MG over five times using different vendors, sometimes using the same one twice but they've had no issues.

Regarding BTC (Bitcoins) I'd gladly answer any question(s) you may have about them. I think I even have a BTC discussion thread under "Money" so feel free to check it out and ask any questions you may have regarding BTC itself. Yes, BTC is a reliable method but it has it's downsides aswell.

Regards,

-VII

Every MG I sent in the past year have been done at home, online and have never had any problems what so ever. I can't explain them, I only send them. My very first WU on the other hand, now that's a whole different hand. Denied so I never tried them again.

Used MG several times now, never any issue. Occasionally have to verify that you know the person, but you don't have to be Laurence Olivier to pull that off. (So to speak)

WU has been no trouble either.

I use MG with no problems. I goto a corner store nd they dont try nd ask me bout my business. No one csn prove that i bought shiit, anyways

I use MG with no problems. I goto a corner store nd they dont try nd ask me bout my business. No one csn prove that i bought shiit, anyways
what shit willy? ;)

ive used mg 20+ times and maybe occasional lite questioning, i just keep it friendly and talk to them. a good sense of humor never hurts putting people at ease. just dont go overboard and be all sus lol. 

wu i used online years ago and it went fine . only did it 3 x. had 1 denied in shop, they are a little more uptight but they actually stopped me from getting scammed. overall, ive never had a complete fail block etc. 

Mg is reliable IN PERSON 90% of the time. I know some workers who can get all up in your business and try to stop you from getting scammed but the bottom line is we are all taking risks here. Learn from my mistake and don't send over the internet if you are the anxious type lol.. learned that the hard way. 

Mg is reliable IN PERSON 90% of the time. I know some workers who can get all up in your business and try to stop you from getting scammed but the bottom line is we are all taking risks here. Learn from my mistake and don't send over the internet if you are the anxious type lol.. learned that the hard way. 
i don't like using this as a  tactic , but just being kind to people and making a connection with someone has pretty much assured me of never having a problem. good opportunity to work on your communication skills and tony robbins shit lol, I've never used mg online.

Last edited by a moderator:
As 2earls has said online will be problems especially large amounts.

The US seems to have more problems in sending than UK/EU.

Its always nice to be nice. Good rule of thumb.

As mentioned above, sending money through WU/MG will always be easier and more straightforward in person with cash than online.  The reason it can be tough to send online is because they have strong fraud controls to protect against things like identity theft and credit card fraud, which happens a lot with WU/MG.  Unfortunately, if the system sees something as being suspicious, their fraud controls can also affect honest people who are doing things legally with their own identity and financial info.  Also, it can be a little annoying having to give out so much personal info sometimes.  I personally prefer to send in person.. However, there are pros and cons of doing it both ways.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back